Kerri Bradford Studio » Blog

Masthead header

this+that: halloween

It’s heeeeeeeerrrrre . . .
(said in my Poltergeist voice)

Finally! I’m finally done! You know, I’m used to things taking twice as long as I think, but this? Holy cannoli!

But really . . . truly . . . here is my next kit . . .

The This & That: Halloween kit.

This is a doozie of a kit, so it’s more than the usual kits. It’s $15.

I also added some ribbon, string and a plastic spider. Also, on the “13″ card, I cut some v-shaped notches on the sides just for some fun and so that it would “hold” the string being wrapped around it. Oh, and that fence in the lower-right corner is only about 1.5″ wide. If you’ll notice, it’s missing the top of one of its posts. Tiny delicate pieces can pull away and come off if you’re not careful, but it’s okay, all if you have to do is glue it together after. However, I liked the broken look for this! Worked out perfectly!

This is a totally fun and unique concept using the 7gypsies Letterblock tray. The kit is comprised of both images for design and background elements as well as cuttable shapes to use with your own digital craft cutter (Cricut/Silhouette/Wishblade/etc.) and cardstock. But, if you don’t have a digital craft cutter, you can use the PNG files to create your elements digitally.

The pieces are backed with a flat magnet so they can be removed and replaced with a new seasonal kit for almost every month of the year! (I just use my paper piercer to catch the lower corner to pull them out.) The next few months are: October = Halloween, November = Gratitude (not necessarily Thanksgiving because we’re not all from the US now are we ;) ), December = Christmas, January = Winter (maybe new year), February = Love.

“But wait, there’s more!”

Each piece has been perfectly sized and/or trimmed to fit within each of the compartments. There is no thought, no sizing, nothing. Just cut away! However, all the cuttable pieces–in their entirety–are also included (for Silhouette/Cricut/etc.). So not only can you use ALL these pieces for this gorgeous tray (7gypsies rock, don’t they?), but you can use them for all your scrapbooking and craft projects too! Saaa-weet!

Putting it together is pretty self-explanatory too because the background pieces only fit in their appropriate squares.One note though, I don’t believe all trays are created equal here. lol There may be some slight adjustments by trimming a hair off a piece or two (or three…) depending on your tray.

I am SOOOO EXCITED about this!

And not only is it a great home decor item for yourself, but what a great gift it would make too! Christmas is coming, ya know. You buy ONE kit from me (for each month) and then make as many as you need! Of course you’ll need the trays for your friends too. ;) Nichol Magouirk bought her tray HERE. I bought mine at Archivers here in Utah. And I see that 7gypsies sells them on their site too HERE.

I am on the look out for a cool container to house all the pieces too. Of course, some kind of suitcase looking thing that doubles as a home dec piece would be best. Yes? I also need to go buy rod iron stand to set it up on too. I think I’m putting mine on my piano.

Okay, so was it worth the wait? I hope so. :) I thought I’d get it finished yesterday, but yes, it was my birthday yesterday and I decided to play instead.

I’ll be working on the Gratitude and Christmas ones here shortly so you can get a jump on your gift-giving . . . if’n ya like that idea.

Woo hoo! Feels good to be done! :)

Melissa - September 18, 2010 - 1:05 am

Wow, that is really cute! You do amazing work!

Kathy - September 18, 2010 - 1:17 am

Wow! You did do a lot of work…if only I liked Halloween-but I don't. I am definitely looking forward to your gratitude and Christmas kits though!!

carilackner - September 18, 2010 - 1:55 am

LOVE IT!!! I have been stalking the blog for 2 days to find out what you had up your sleeve, and it was totally worth it!

saerwin - September 18, 2010 - 1:55 am

This looks SO amazing!! I've ordered the kit, so now I just have to find one of those trays. Hoping I can find one up here in Canada!

Rhadonda - September 18, 2010 - 1:55 am

Yes maam, you have been busy. Happy Birthday by the way. Hope you had a great play day as you were getting younger. I look forward to the next kits that will come out. I am not that into Halloween myself, straight to fall stuff for me. But as usual amazing work!

SueB - September 18, 2010 - 2:07 am

GREAT STUFF, and hope you had a t'riffic b'day – TFS!

tallyscrapper - September 18, 2010 - 2:20 am

Oh I love this. I have been reading blog and didn't quite understand the GSD files until you and Nicole explained on your blogs. (I am excited about using this with my silhouette.) I actually order a few of your files. I wanted to ask if the Friday freebies are still available? I really wanted the film strip but
blog would not let me download. Any suggestions?

Suzzi - September 18, 2010 - 9:57 am

I've got it ordered –
I'm the one with the Halloween Anniversary, I will adapt one square for that. Thanks so much

My question is $15 seems to much of steel, does that mean its a trick or a treat?

Suzzi - September 18, 2010 - 10:02 am

OOOOOPs!

Missed that it was your birthday, you'll have to let us know how you celebrated.

lorraine - September 18, 2010 - 1:46 pm

Happy Belated Birthday Kerri – hope you enjoyed your day. Hope you were spoilt and have made some good memories.

Wow gorgeous – and we don't really do halloween where I am but I want this!

I have bought this frame recently and finally, along with some of the other frames and had held off on this one because of measuring all the sections. I took the plunge and had decided I should make a template just once and then I could buy and make more of them.

Well yippee I don't need to do that now! Your work is always great and I am looking forward to the Gratitude and your thoughts on encompassing us non thanks giving-ers around the world. I have always loved that you have a time of gratitude but most designs are too holiday specific for me so this is going to be fun!

One last thing, any chance the christmas kit could be red, green and turquoise, any shades of white/cream (while this colour set is still in fashion) along with separate bits to add on in a splash of yellow and light green here and there?

On top of that can we have graphics that can layer (ie rectangular frame with a separate circular centre graphic), so that I can opt out of using a snowflake for example and put in a bright sun or surfing santa – just an example.

You see I know I just can't wait until you get around to your summer again before I can make a christmas in the sun version. though i know whatever you make, it is always wonderfully flexible. Thats why they are so great!

thanks for reading my babble!

Amy13 - September 18, 2010 - 2:52 pm

Holy Bananas, girl! W.O.W! Did I say wow? This is absolutely amazing, gorgeous! I'm stumbling for words here.

Happy belated birthday. I hope you took some time to celebrate you!

Michelle - September 18, 2010 - 3:31 pm

AMAZING!!! You know I MUST have this. Being from Halloween Central USA it's a requirement!!! lol (at least that will be my logic to dh)

Jan - September 18, 2010 - 4:29 pm

You are a genius! Enough said….

Issy - September 18, 2010 - 8:56 pm

Love it Kerri! It's filled with gorgeous spookiness! Well done! Hope you had a great birthday. Love, as always, from Scotland xo

Kathy Wade (krolski) - September 18, 2010 - 11:06 pm

Amazing project Kerri! WOW!

Kelly - September 19, 2010 - 12:27 am

OH Kerri – you've blown me away. You are an absolute digi rockstar!!
Love the idea. Pure genius. And gorgeous too!!
We don't celebrerate Halloween her – but I'll be first in line for Christmas!!

Kerri - September 19, 2010 - 1:54 pm

So sorry I'm slow in responding to comments. Crazy days and all. And thanks for the birthday wishes too!

Glad you all are liking the kit! Can't wait to get started on the next one.

Tallyscrapper–and everyone–yes, the Friday Freebies will always be part of what I do and will be forever free–but there will be the occasion where it won't be every week, like the past couple weeks, which just got away from me. "Tally", I tried downloading the negative frame on my laptop and it worked for me. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Give it a try again and e-mail me if it doesn't work (kerribradford@msn.com).

Lorraine, you funny girl. :) I will take what you said into consideration. I know that many people don't have a "white" Christmas, so I will make sure to account for that as well. No promises on the color scheme though. ;)

Suzzi…loved the "$15…is that trick or a treat" comment. lol It's aaaaall good…and it's a treat. ;)

And Kelly? "digi rockstar"? Why do I feel like I need to write a song now…. lol

Thanks everyone for all the kudos on the kit…really.

Emma - September 29, 2010 - 1:41 pm

Loving this tray and that I can change it out every holiday I'm thinking of keeping mine in the library draw by 7 gypsies

Christine Real - October 4, 2010 - 4:00 pm

I love this! Got to have it!

Julia - October 6, 2010 - 8:59 pm

Kerri just wanted to tell you that I LOVE LOVE this! I'm on TV once a month here in St.Louis and would love to showcase this if you would want to sponsor me! Just drop me an email at Gluegirl@gluearts.com Thanks!!

carpediem - October 6, 2010 - 10:20 pm

love this project! so gorgeous!

Scrappin Cheryl - October 7, 2010 - 2:46 am

This is just awesome!! Love it!

Kathy Martin - October 7, 2010 - 11:39 am

Oh WOW! This is one awsome tray!

*Alison* - October 7, 2010 - 6:22 pm

This is so adorable.. I love the Halloween theme.. and your creation is just wonderful.. crossing fingers AND TOES and EYES for that matter.. to win… thanks for the chance.. HUGS

Glen - October 15, 2010 - 12:00 pm

Just wanted to add my two pennuth worth to what has already been said. I LOVE your tray and I LOVE Halloween. Ü Thanks so much for the inspiration and for sharing your beautiful creations. ~Glen~ (in England)

Glen - October 15, 2010 - 12:03 pm

Ohhh…btw…Happy belated birthday….it was my birthday on 19th September – a 'special' one! *Ü* ~G~

[...] etc.) to cut your cardstock pieces and layer with the pieces above in your 7gypsies tray. [Look HERE in yesterday's for the "all done up" [...]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

− one = six