Kerri Bradford Studio » Blog

Masthead header

12 Days of Christmas: Day 8

Welcome to day 8 of our little 12 Days of Christmas fun!

It’s been snowing here off and on and it’s sure been finally feeling like Christmas. I’m just hoping that we will actually have snow on the ground Christmas day. Seems like it rarely happens anymore. And *gasp* dare I even wish for it to actually snow during that festive time? One could only hope.:) I’ve just opened my window so I could see the big pine trees out my window with their clumps of fluffy white snow that found a new hone during the night last night. It’s s beautiful site!

I have gotten several requests to turn the ’12 Days’ logo into a free shape.
And you know what I like to say:

Your wish is my command!

Although, I did tweak it so that it would be a little more universal than using ’12 Days’, ya know?

To download it for free–today only–click HERE.

This is no longer available as a freebie, but you can purchase it in the store.

Next item up for today?

Today’s page comes from the loveliness that is Laura Vegas.

[ Shapes | This+That: Winter (snowflake) / December Twenty Five (christmas) / Decade 2000 (twenty seven) / Storyboard #1 ]

I tell ya . . . photo templates are an awesome way to get so many of those precious memories on one page! What a lovely page Laura!

Here’s what Laura has to say:

I came across some Christmas photos from a family get-together, taken back in 2007, that I had never gotten around to scrapping. I had quite a few photos, and wanted to get them all onto a layout, so I picked out one of Kerri’s Storyboard templates to create two quick photo collages. I knew the collages would go side by side, on the two pages, so that it created one large collage across the two-page spread. So I simply turned the template upside down, so that the template design was flip flopped on the second page. I never use snowflakes, being as we live in California, where we just don’t have true “winters” or see any snow. But since the majority of the family was wearing a lot of blues, browns, reds, and lighter colors, I thought it would be a nice opportunity to go with a more “winterey” color scheme and use the snowflakes instead of Christmas trees, presents, or other typical Christmas themed shapes. I didn’t add any journaling to this layout, which isn’t normally something I skip. But I’m not that worried about it, since this is really just a collection of photos from Christmas day, which we know involved family, good food, gifts, and spending time together.

I love that Laura took some time to scrap some photos from five years ago. I think that often times we scrap what’s current–and that’s great–I think we should. But if we have a moment to go back farther? Do it before those detailed memories start to fade. You think you’ll remember something forever . . .

So, to help you do the same and reach back into the first decade of the 2000 millennium (remember when Y2K was a big deal??), this is the kit on sale today.

Instead of $10, it’s on sale for just $5 for today only.
Click HERE to go to it in the store.

And HERE are some examples on using it in action.

Rhadonda - December 18, 2012 - 9:29 am

Love it!! Thanks. We are hoping for snow here in northern Illinois, at least we are, not sure about all around us. Since we moved from southern Missouri and didn’t get that much and my husband loves snow. Snow blower ready. Is he really ready? We will see.

Renee G - December 18, 2012 - 9:43 am

I am so lovin’ this freebie, thank you, thank you!

teresa - December 18, 2012 - 9:55 am

Thank you! Thank you! I’m lovin’ this freebie. (in fact, loving everyone of them) I also have a question to ask. I like to purchase the designer edition: extras but I only have basic Silhouette Studio. Will it work on the basic studio? I just bought the Portrait. Thanks so much for your help.

Sylvia - December 18, 2012 - 9:55 am

So so cool! Thanks a LOT!

Kerri - December 18, 2012 - 10:15 am

Hey Teresa! Yes…the ‘extras’ in all the kits are just shapes (or a printable item), so they will work with Studio, DE, SCAL, or whatever cutting machine you may have. You don’t even have to have a Silhouette to use them. :)

Teryl - December 18, 2012 - 10:15 am

Love these free shapes!
So wonderful!
Thank you so much for sharing.

LouAnn V - December 18, 2012 - 11:11 am

Yay! I was hoping that this would be one of the freebies. Thank you!

Cristina - December 18, 2012 - 11:28 am

This is fabulous!! Thank you so much!

Terri Marchbanks - December 18, 2012 - 12:53 pm

You are the BOMB I hope you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xo xo

Kerri - December 18, 2012 - 1:13 pm

Terri….you always make me smile!
And thanks to everyone for all your wonderful comments about the freebies!
And Rhadonda…I hope you get to use that snowblower! :)

Jeanine - December 18, 2012 - 2:30 pm

Thank you so much for the freebies these past few days! They are wonderful!

Ruth G - December 18, 2012 - 7:22 pm

Love the new word art freebie, love Laura’s LO, love that I got my niece’s card and gift in the mail for her birthday on Saturday…Thanks for the distraction from this final crazy countdown to Christmas. Just looked at the wish lists and realized I still have nothing for my FIL or my mom, and need more for my MIL. I still need to wrap everything, make gift card holders for the gift cards being given…Yikes!

Deb - December 18, 2012 - 8:39 pm

I’ve always so admired that heading so was thrilled when you offered it as a freebie – thank you very much!!

Cathy - December 18, 2012 - 9:32 pm

Thank you for your generous gifts of the season.

teresa - December 18, 2012 - 10:59 pm

Is it only me or everyone else? I couldn’t open today’s freebie in Silhouette Studio. Every time I try it, it will say the studio is not responding. HELP!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

× eight = sixteen