the ‘twenty ten’ kit

Here’s a brand new kit for the week! I’ve got loads of ideas for this one! I’m planning on using that big year collage on a graduation page for Kassidy. I wanted to have it done today, but alas, it probably won’t happen until Friday. Doing our annual girls camping trip this week. I’ll be in and out (it’s close by), so the turn around on orders might take a smidgen longer than usual. But things should be back to normal Thursday afternoon.

I’m actually wanting to create my page with my Cricut . . . make it big and all, but I’m having some issues getting the computer and the Cricut to play nice. I bought Make The Cut over the weekend and my first impression is that I like it. I like that it has a similar look and feel to the Adobe programs . . . a familiar site for me. I’m planning on sharing my findings . . . as soon as I can get the two machines to play nicely, that is.

Price: $5

A couple of notes.

1. The month names in the kit may seem rather simple and easy to duplicate, however, not only have they have been combined nicely to be one piece, but they work well with other pieces of the kit (see below).
  2. Because the subject matter was pretty much all the same, there are only a total TWO cut files (GSD/SVG/DXF). However, each item is its own PNG/JPG file so you can use them individually. (Cool embellie on a photo!)
  3. There is a separate cut piece for the “stacked” twenty ten. Again, I like variation in color from time to time . . . it’s there if you like different color, but you don’t have to use it.

So since I couldn’t get to the page today, here’s a few ways on how you can incorporate pieces together. A great way to add a date to your page—incorporate some design and all. You know me and text . . . gotta “say” things with some flair. ;)

This works great for a “year in review” or month-by-month scenario too!

2017-02-07T18:29:36+00:00 August 9th, 2010|digital shapes|15 Comments

1. PhelpsPhan August 9, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Yes, how do I get the cricut to play nice with this font? I have the 6×12 original machine. Thanks!

2. Melissa August 10, 2010 at 2:19 am

I really want to get MTC but I have Mac so that means I have to purchase or somehow acquire a copy of Windows for my laptop. In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you think of MTC and see what you do with your Cricut.

3. Darlene Melvin August 10, 2010 at 12:10 pm

YEAH!!! I love this one too! I may just not renew my Silhouette sub and spend my $$ weekly with you.. please keep designing. I love your style! I'm a wordy title girl so this is perfect!

4. Kerri August 10, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Darlene, you are too cute! ;)

And for you other two, I will definitely be sharing more on MTC. Although I didn't realize that MTC wasn't Mac compatible. Argh. But Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) is. So that may be your ticket to using the SVG files with your Cricut. SCAL costs a little more than MTC, but if you're a Mac user and it will allow you to use the SVG files? Go for it!

I may end up buying both SCAL too just so I can share how they work and KNOW how they work for myself. But one program at a time right now. This girl doesn't have a job. ;)

5. Nichol Magouirk August 10, 2010 at 2:58 pm

AH-MAZING! Girl, you never cease to astound me.
    GORGEOUS. I will be crafting with this bad boy TODAY.

6. Nancy W August 10, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Love it!! I have already made a file for all your goodies and look forward to continuing to add your creations to the Kerri Bradford folder :) *hugs from conroe,tx!

7. caroline August 11, 2010 at 1:15 am

So I was trying to tell myself that I didn't need this, but then I started working on my daughters birthday layout…she's ten in 2010…how can I have the perfect die cuts fall in my lap and not use them?

8. Janene August 11, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Awesome. Just ordered, can't wait to play. Thanks for showing how they work together – i wouldn't have ever figured it out on my own :)

9. Kerri August 11, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Caroline, you are so funny! It's amazing how that just happens work out, eh? ;)

The kit is also great for your summer vacation, a family reunion (ours is this weekend), a holiday…or just plain everyday use. It's soooo versatile!

And Nancy, I'm honored to have a KB folder on your computer. :)

Hope y'all have fun with it!

10. Amy August 11, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Can't wait to hear your take on MTC. I've been a Design Studio user and really like the ease of it, but have been frustrated by the lack of support for it and it is quite limited. I've heard great things about MTC…can't wait to hear more from a reliable source.

Now that you're offered cut files…well, I just may have to rush out and get MTC!

P.S. How is Cassie doing with the erythemanodosum?

11. Issy August 11, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Well Done AGAIN, Kerri! Love your work! From your Scottish fan!

12. Anonymous December 7, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Hi Kerri. I've only recently been introduced to your work and it was love at first sight! i really like your "2010" kit and was wondering (ok…hoping and praying) that you will be offering a "2011" kit.

13. Kerri December 8, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Oh yeah baby! I'll be doing a 2011! I love making a date (or any words for that matter) a design element, so…. :)

14. Karen W January 14, 2011 at 11:15 pm