the friday freebie

I can’t believe this is our last official weekend of summer! The girls both start back to school on Wednesday–Kass at UVU and Jordan in her first year of high school. Well, technically, the sophomores start a day early . . . before all the kids that already know what they are doing start, but I don’t think it’s a full day.

At any rate, soon my house will be fairly quiet once again each day . . . except for Kass who will be in and out living the college life. She’s studying photography and just did her first wedding shoot for her friend that got married. She’s doing a really great job too . . . you can check out her blog she’s just started HERE:

Crazy that it’s school time again!

So here’s the Friday Freebie. Just a cute little negative frame with a little somethin’-somethin’ added to it. Although, as you can see in these examples, it’s very versatile . . . you’re not always stuck with a shape “as is” in the land of digital die cutting. Ain’t that grand???

The files come in SVG/DXF/GSD/JPG/PNG. So they would be really cool for a frame in digital scrapbooking too! To get it, just click on this link HERE.

I also thought I might share a quick little story about my son. If you remember, he is serving his LDS mission in Washington DC, speaking French, and teaching mostly people from West Africa. He’s just loving it! He was recently transferred to Gaithersburg, Maryland and loves it up there . . . I don’t know if it’s because he gets fed by the members almost every day there or what. ;) However, as with any culture, we often eat different foods than other cultures.

This is where the kidney come in.

He had his first bite of kidney for dinner the other day (operative word . . . bite). As he put it, “I ate kidneys yesterday … so now I can say there are 3 things I will not eat … english muffins , zuchinni, and kidney. A member made them for us and I put one in my mouth and about lost it … so gross.” When I asked Zach if he continued to eat it or pushed it away and what the member thought, he said, ” I don’t think she was too offended. She just made fun of me for being white … ” lol I had to remind him that he IS white! lol He truly loves the African people and the culture . . . just not kidneys, apparently. ;)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

2018-03-02T18:57:07+00:00 August 20th, 2010|freebies, zach: mission|24 Comments

1. Amy13 August 20, 2010 at 2:13 pm

YUCK! I think he's very brave for even trying it. Kassidy's blog looks very nice and her photos are gorgeous! You guys have the green thumb for photography…or would that be shutter finger? Dunno the correct term there…

Love the freebie. Have not starting collecting these yet. Are they available for a limited time only or will I be able to come back at a later date and download them?

2. Kerri August 20, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Hey Amy! The freebies will ALWAYS be free! And as far as I know in my life right now, the shapes for sale will always be available to purchase. So no need to rush on either account.

And thanks for the kudos on Kassidy's photos. Maybe we have a "green index finger"? ;) She took some other really cute wedding photos that she hasn't put up yet…ya know, gotta edit and all.

3. Shel at Dreamy Nest August 20, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I'm shuddering over the kidney thing. Yuck!

Thank you so much for the freebie! I love it!

I just found your blog a few days ago and haven't had time to look around. Looking forward to it.

4. Nancy August 20, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Thanks for the freebies…they are all so fun!

5. Issy August 20, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Kerri, you must have read my mind! I'm going on a European Cruise with my middle son in the middle of October so will be taking thousands of photos! I can see this design being a great workhorse for all the scrapbook pages that I'll be doing. Love, as always, from Scotland xo

6. lisakisch August 20, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Thank you for the freebie!

7. Scrapthat August 20, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Thanks for another lovely file Kerri!!
    PS don't blame him for not liking kidneys…my mom used to make me eat steak and kidneys! Ewww….lucky I still LOVe steak!

8. Rhadonda August 20, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Thanks for the freebie! The things kids will do when they are young. My daughter (20 y/o) was in China last summer for 5 weeks and ate scorpion and dog and who knows what else. She was there teaching English through a Christian organization. They are certainly brave or crazy, maybe both (: Keep our lives exciting that's for sure and love them with all my heart. She just left for college. Her twin leaves tomorrow. Bitter/sweet.

9. carilackner August 20, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Thank you for another fabulous file to cut! I love your designs!

10. susy August 21, 2010 at 6:26 am

11. mita August 21, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Thank you so much for the cool freebie…May I ask what program you use to make them? Your designs are always modern and cool…:)

12. Vivian August 22, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Love the freebie! Poor Zach. I've eaten some gross things in my life but I don't think I would even touch kidney. I'm going to check out Kassidy's blog right now.

13. Katrina August 23, 2010 at 3:51 am

ewww…..I would not have like that either!!! Thank you so much for the freebie!!!! So cute and fun….I am hoping to drag out the Pazzle soon and just PLAY!!! Maybe labor day weekend!!!

Hugs,
    Katrina

14. Kerri August 24, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Hey Mita! I use Adobe Illustrator to create my files. Love that program! It's been my best friend for a few years now. ;)

And Rhadonda…I feel for ya girl!

15. Christine August 25, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Thanks Kerri for the freebie. I love it and I appreciate it so much. You do awesome work!
    xoxo, Christine

16. Dalis March 13, 2011 at 4:48 am

thanks for the extra ideas/1

— dalis

17. Wendy Kidd April 20, 2011 at 12:16 am

Kerri – I am loving your blog. Wondering if you would mind telling me the name of the font you used in your comments on the sample? It's that scripty font – so cute!

18. Kerri April 21, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Hey Wendy! The font is called Billabong.
    I think it's cute too. :)

19. Lynne September 27, 2011 at 7:53 am

Love this filmstrip frame. Thanks!

20. CANDI April 19, 2012 at 4:16 pm

HEY HOW DO I PUT THE PICS IN PHOTOSHOP SO I CAN PUT THEM BEHIND

• Kerri April 19, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Hey Candi!
      There are some really great tutorials that show you how to do this and you can find them under the Tutorials link on my site here.
      If you go through those and still have questions…holler. :)

21. Ramona Asmus February 11, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Kerri- great blog, and I love the film strip file. Thanks so much.

I am just learning so much, and have seen the reference to these various file names, but I don’t know how to make them work for me. I have a cricuit…. And some computer knowledge but need a resource for learning how to print and cut out die cuts using files like this terrific one you are offering us. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

As for the kidney….. We were traveling in England last year, our 23 year old willingly tried the “blood pudding” everyone was sharing…. I passed- lol. Our son is very much a food adventurer, me- not so much!

22. […] Kitty Kitty ("meow", paw prints, kitty) / XOXO (hearts) / Life Additions #2 (file folder card) / Freebie Negative Frame […]

23. Michelle Hernandez April 21, 2013 at 7:00 am

GREAT story- I have to share is distaste for kidneys the texture is just really off putting. Thank for offering all these great silhouette files- I just got my machine so I’m still learning which files can be used directly and which ones need to be converted but I love that you offer so many options.