“love always”

So the new SideNote kit I put up this week not only comes with four color choices, but, you can also customize them even more if you want!

Take a look at this page (which I photographed in the early morning sunlight . . . can ya tell?).

If you notice, the heart is white. But in the file I made, the heart is red. I decided I didn’t want a splash of red  with such a monochromatic color scheme. Of course, if you talk to my college daughter, a splash of red is just what any outfit (page) needs. Remember those red pumps she won’t let her sister borrow? ;)

Changing the color is so simple too! All you need to do is open the image, choose the needed color, click on the Paint Bucket tool and “pour” the new color onto the shape. I’m assuming this would apply to Photoshop Elements as well as PS. As for other programs, check your manual or Help screen for info on how to do it.

And apparently I can’t get enough of that ruler from the Educationish kit. ;) Printed it on a transparency and trimmed it. The lace is a shape I made when I first started working for QuicKutz like a year and a half ago (doily_1499). The cardstock, this time, is from Chatterbox. That’s one of those things I can never give up . . . I don’t care how old the paper is, I just love it! And since you can’t really get it anymore, when you make a mistake trimming it down like I did, you just have to go with it. I only wanted to cut a half inch off the width and height. But I first trimmed from 8.5″ to 8″, then went from 11″ to 10″–you know, moving to the even number like I’d just done before. Duh. I guess it’s a good thing I don’t cut hair. ;)

Now on another note, my college daughter just got a job with Borders last night. Yahoo! She loves to read, and while this job is in the cafe, she’s still in a bookstore. She’s wanted this job for a loooong time. She’d applied there this spring, but couldn’t take on the time schedule they needed while she was a high school student. The lady was impressed that she came back.

She’s way excited! She’s been looking at used XTerras too. What? The 1998 green minivan just doesn’t cut it for a college student? We bought that baby brand new and it was the best investment ever. It works great when you want to haul all your friends too. ;)

And I think I’m going to officially discontinue the “What To Use” Wednesday theme because while yes, this is Wednesday and I did get a page up today, it just isn’t jiving with how my blog life is going these days. Okay, so maybe not just “these days” but more like for the past year. lol Of course I will continue to share pages–hopefully at least one a week. That’s my goal anyway. It just may not be a Wednesday.

2017-02-07T18:29:33+00:00 September 1st, 2010|pages, silhouette|13 Comments

1. Domna September 1, 2010 at 2:43 pm

LOVE it!

2. dawnelaine September 1, 2010 at 3:20 pm

What a beautiful page! And timely, too – I am currently putting together my daughter's wedding album and she has given me "free reign". I love the monochromatic theme of this page, and I love how you used the "doily" cut! So cool!!

Thanks for showing samples of your work. They are ALWAYS an inspiration!

3. sharin September 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm

That is just Gorgeous!

And you know, we'd never have known there was a "mistake" if you hadn't told us. It's a lovely wedding page.

I hope you can continue to share with us, too! Any day of the week works for me. ;-)

4. Rhadonda September 1, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I agree with all the above. Any day, any time. Congrats to your daughter. Having 3 in college the reality of life is hitting them pretty good. I get it that old clunkers are great but i guess they will have to learn just like i did. My dad always said i had a cadillac desire on a model T budget. Now i just want to "live simply so i can simply live". Great job!

5. Kathy Martin September 1, 2010 at 3:49 pm

What a beautiful page! So gorgeous! Love that die cut! :)

6. Kathy September 1, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Your page is stunning, Kerri. I love that doily…I have that doily… but I can never think how to use it. Thanks for the inspiration and please do share your pages with us. Your style, by far, is my favorite style!

7. Nichol Magouirk September 1, 2010 at 6:53 pm

This is STUNNING, Kerri. Simply stunning!
    I love when you share a new "Kerri Page". Makes me happy!

8. Nancy W September 1, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Love it! I'm off to tweet the post ;)

9. Issy September 1, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Always love your pages for inspiration. Just keep doing Everything that you do Kerri, cos it's all good! Love, as always, from Scotland xo

10. Kerri September 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm

You guys are all so great! Thanks for the kudos.

dawnelaine, I hope you have a great time making that wedding album!

11. SueB September 6, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Beautiful page, and I'm lovin' that ruler too – TFS! And you know, we just enjoy that you post … you post whatever you like, whenever you like, girl!

12. Kenzie October 6, 2010 at 8:13 am

You do beautiful work and are such a talented photographer. I wish I could learn to take such amazing shots!

13. Kerri October 6, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Thanks so much Kenzie! Miss chatting with you from time to time at Silhouette. :)