the friday freebie

Borders are such a quick element to jazz up a page, don’tcha think? When was the last time you used one on a page? If it’s been a while, your challenge is to use this little number! Because heck, you can’t beat an element when it’s free, eh?

[Click HERE to download this shape for free.]

Got big plans for the weekend? We have General Conference this weekend. It’s the time when several leaders of the LDS church gather together and give inspirational talks, making you feel all motivated to be a better person. Eight hours of church on tv over two days. May sound agonizing to some (like my kids when they were young–lol), but it is really uplifting to many. :)

And can you believe it’s OCTOBER today?!?!? I know I can’t! That means just six more months until my son comes home from his mission in Washington DC. Yahoo! Because his mission resides on the Maryland side and they have to stay within their mission boundaries, he can’t go sight seeing on the other side of the Potomac (VA) with the exception of seeing Arlington Cemetery during a group trip. That occurs within the six months before they come home. Last week he told me he got a phone call telling him his trip for that was scheduled for mid-October. Said it hit him like a wall of bricks that he only had six months left. Crazy! Time flies so fast!

And speaking of October, go check out Lisa Bearnson’s new October photo book on her BLOG! It’s soooo cool! And she includes details on how to save 30% on the book too! Fall is my favorite season. I think this is a must-do for me!

2017-02-07T18:29:31+00:00 October 1st, 2010|freebies|12 Comments

1. Gonne October 1, 2010 at 2:43 pm

i really love this border, thanks a lot.

2. Rhadonda October 1, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Thanks for the free border. Sweet. Yes time does fly. Enjoy your weekend. I am not Mormon but I do love listening to great preaching from God's Word. Because His Word is living and active! The very words of God. Currently studying the book of Isaiah. Hope that wasn't TMI ( :

3. Adriana October 1, 2010 at 5:10 pm

I love the border, thank you! I imported it into silhouette studio. Do you know how to have it show the nice color preview in the interface?

4. Rhadonda October 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Adriana i am not sure exactly what you mean but i right click on the picture on the blog and "save image as" and then put that copy in my kerri bradford folder if that helps you. Not to butt in on Kerri's territory. Just trying to help because someone helped me with that once. Paying it forward hopefully. THat way i see a picture of all kits or freebies i have.

5. Scrapthat October 1, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Thank you so much for the file!!

6. Issy October 1, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Thanks for sharing Kerri. Great design! Any chance of some vacation stuff? (Wink!)
    I know how hard it is for you missing your son. I'm praying mid-November for the safe return of my boy from war.
    Love, as always, from Scotland xo

7. HighDesertGal October 2, 2010 at 2:52 am

Wow, what a nice border. Thank you. Such a nice place for a mission (we lived there when stationed at Bethesda). At least there is a Temple on the Maryland side. We got satellite so that we could get BYU-TV for conference….but I'll be listening while I finish my Halloween cards for the children's hospital.
    Have a nice weekend!

8. Luv2stamp October 3, 2010 at 1:53 pm

WOW Thanks for the freebie.Great design. Wondering here how to import it into the new SIL studio I was able to do it with the older program but can't figure out how to do it with the newer studio.

9. Kerri October 3, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Hey guys! Glad you like the freebie. I just love doing freebies. Makes me happy, makes you happy…and HAPPY is a great place to be. :)

I've also been having internet and monitor issues, so life has not been so bliss and efficient for me the past few days. If I happen to get a little behind on an order or response, please be patient. :)

To answer some questions:
    Issy,
    Yes, "vacation" is still on my list, however, I'm in the midst of some BIG things right now and it had to move down my list. And I hope your son returns safely too!

Luv2stamp,
    I'm going to be getting a new Mac here in the next week and don't want to download the new software until that, so I'm not sure on all the ins and outs of it. However, I did find this on the FAQs on the Silhouette site:

Silhouette Studio does allow for the opening of GSD files. When using the "Open" feature, make sure you click on the "File Type" at the bottom of the window that looks for files to open and set to "GSD" rather than "Studio". This should enable you to open your GSD file.

Adriana,
    I need to see how the new Studio works before seeing if there's a way to make a colored interface–in other words, get a JPG image into the Library (or however it's working). In the old software, there wasn't any way to take outside GSD files and put them into the My Library. I'm not sure if this is still the case with the new software…but I have a hunch it is. Having worked there and knowing the backend, I understand why it can't be done. But I don't know about the new software. If there's a way though, I'll be sure to let y'all know.

10. Lynne September 27, 2011 at 7:47 am

Love this! Thanks you :)

11. Allie.Duckienz November 26, 2011 at 4:45 pm

LOVE, thanks!

12. […] Design | Christmas Countdown (joy) / December Twenty-Five (Christmas), Storyboard #6 / Border Fancy (freebie) […]