looky, looky . . .

Guess what showed up on my doorstep yesterday!

That’s right baby,
it’s Becky Higgins’ Project Life!

Becky is so brilliant when it comes to organization . . . so it’s no wonder why creating such a wonderful system to help document your life would be right up her alley. I’ve had the privilege of working with Becky from time to time throughout the years and she always has such amazing vision. And she’s absolutely darling to boot. :) Love her.

I have to admit, I didn’t do so well with Project 365. I started off good, but it lasted for about six weeks. Kind of like the new year’s resolutions I always seem to make. But I did take photos that I just looooved and every time I see them I smile because they were a piece of life right before my son left on his mission.

So with this one, I like the idea of documenting things a week at a time, not necessarily an every day photo. Although I do think it’s easier to have a mindset of “I need to take a photo today” so that you’ll remember to take enough photos for the week.

As you might could tell, I got the Turquoise edition. I have to admit . . . I’m a wee bit partial to that one. shhhh . . . little secret here . . . I designed this kit for her.  Okay, so Becky said it on her blog, so it’s not so much a secret. ;) Soooo much fun collaborating with her!

Anyway, if you’re in for a little LIFE this year, go order yourself an Amber or Turquoise version HERE. And I looove the idea that you can order more page protectors!

Thank you Becky for bringing such an amazing system to all us crazy scrapbooking kids.

2017-02-07T18:29:16+00:00 December 29th, 2010|Uncategorized|10 Comments

1. Rhadonda December 29, 2010 at 3:18 pm

This kit looks so amazing. I did 365 one year, didn't do too bad. But i feel like with my kids away at college now i don't have that much to document. I did buy the binders which are beautiful and plan on just using them for whatever pages i do complete. I am a little envious though of all the cute stuff i am missing. But am being strong and not adding more to my unused stash. Enjoy and you did an amazing job! It has Kerri written all over it.

2. Kirsten December 29, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Kerri! I caught it when Becky said that you did this one…no wonder I ordered the turquoise…I guess there's a reason I follow your blog :) I did it in 2009, and thought I fizzled too much by the end of the year, so didn't play along last year. And I missed it so much. I took a fraction of the pictures in 2010 that I did in 2009. Can't wait to get started!

3. KarenS December 29, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I love the turquoise kit. Your designs are fabulous and seeing them in person when my kit was delivered made me even more happy to have ordered that kit!

4. Nichol Magouirk December 29, 2010 at 8:13 pm

I KNEW there was a reason I was drawn to (and ultimately purchased) the Turquoise kit!

YOU ROCK.
    the end.

5. Kerri December 30, 2010 at 1:58 am

Thanks guys! You all are so sweet. :)

And Rhodonda, I just have to respond to your "kids are away, I have nothing to say" comment. My great grandpa wrote in his journal every day. Simple little things just about what he did during that day, including the weather. I'm sure he thought it was mundane and questioned why he was doing it. When we found the journals the were like GOLD. I love, love, LOVED hearing about his life. So don't let the "boring life" fool you. Those everyday life things will be golden to your posterity.

That doesn't mean you have to do PL necessarily, but start thinking outside the box and record your life through photos. It does and will mean something someday. :)

6. Calene December 30, 2010 at 4:01 am

Oh yipee! I just ordered this and it should be here tomorrow. And, I ordered the turquoise before I knew you designed it!

7. laura vegas December 30, 2010 at 7:13 am

i heard a rumor that you designed the turquoise edition … and it totally made sense. as soon as i saw it, i knew it was my first choice. love the colors and graphic feel of it. i ordered mine as soon as it came out, and it's all assembled and waiting for me. i never went into the 365 idea, with the thought of taking a photo every day. for me, it was about coming up with 7 photos a week. seemed more do-able for me.

8. Kerri December 31, 2010 at 12:52 am

Thanks Laura! I'm glad you like it. :) I had to go check out your post on it today too! Fabulous!

9. Ellie A. January 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I Am so excited this is the first time I am doing a scrapbook like this but when I opened my box I just said YES I can do this! I am looking forward to scrapbooking the year w/this kit and already see I will be using some of your wonderful accents to add to my pictures! HAPPY New Year!

10. scrappfever January 4, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Love it! When I first saw it…I thought of you! Haha! I had a feeling you had something to do with it! So then my question to you is….Will you design anything that can be incorporated to Project life for the Silhouette? I hope so. I love your style.