random thoughts this morning

what does it mean when two lightbulbs go out in two totally different places when you turn them on within 20 minutes of each other?

why will the cat only go outside at 6:00 in the morning and the rest of the day he shows interest in going out, but when you open the door you can’t kick him out? it’s just too darn cold. but . . . at 6 a.m. . . . it’s okay???

can’t wait to start in on new kits. so many fun ideas in my head!

what is so difficult about putting away a box of cereal? will someone please explain to my kids how to do that?

why is my christmas stuff still up???

have you seen little miss nichol magouirk’s new two peas class? you must check it out! can’t wait to see what visual delight that she’ll bring to our world all year long.

will my office ever be clean again? will my office ever become a real studio? i need something fun and inspiring here.

will we ever redo my son’s room before he comes home in three months? we’ve only had 21 months to do it. nothing like leaving it until the last minute (like we knew we would).

finally got all my silhouette shapes loaded into silhouette studio. ooooh, it looks so pretty. (i think them updating their software fixed whatever glitch i had getting them in there.)

trying out netflix. thinking of canceling cable. as long as we have some programs and movies to watch as well as discovery and history channel programs, i think we’d be fine. any thoughts? any tips on setting it up? lol we only have one wii and more than one tv. need to research all that.

been blaring showtunes on pandora while working. loving that. finding we need to stock up on our showtune library. ‘showtune saturday night’ on the radio just wasn’t cutting it for us anymore.

do i have any more thoughts in my head right now?

don’t think so.

better do some work.
2011-01-06T14:21:00+00:00 January 6th, 2011|Uncategorized|11 Comments

1. brenda January 6, 2011 at 2:31 pm

My Christmas stuff is still up and my 3 kids don't have any idea that the cereal box can actually go back into the cabinet! lol Good luck on getting the room ready – I'd probably have left it till the last minute too! Love your blog!

2. vegetablog January 6, 2011 at 2:49 pm

We *love* our Netflix subscription– we don't have cable any more, and we don't really miss it (occasionally I really miss Iron Chef America on Sunday nights, though!!) We do the streaming of our Instant Queue through our Xbox360, which has been fantastic.
    ~natalie

oh, and p.s. my Christmas tree is still up– the ornaments are off, but I haven't gotten a chance to disassemble it (it's artificial)

3. Deneen January 6, 2011 at 2:57 pm

so very glad I am not the only one with my Christmas stuff still up LOL. And we have Netflix and love it. Oh yea and putting the ceral away what's that LOL all I hear from my girls is "I wasn't the last one to use it" now what is up with that do you have to be the last one to use it to put it away? go figure :)

4. Melissa January 6, 2011 at 3:36 pm

My Christmas stuff is still up too. I never take it down before 3 Kings day. And yes, i too am excited by Nichol's new class. Both of you ladies constantly inspire me!

I haven't cancelled cable but i do love, love, love Netflix. In the past 2 days(im on vacation) i've watched 4 movies while scrapbooking. I usually just use my laptop but occassionally i use the Wii. Hasn't been a problem yet for me.

5. Becky H January 6, 2011 at 4:24 pm

My Christmas stuff is down the tree in the box, ornaments in the storage boxes, but DH just walks by them everyday and I am not going to say anything to him about it to see how long it will take. Its a good thing its in the living room.
    Put cereal away, how about put anything away. Since I don't work anymore my kids think I am the maid.
    My biggist pet peeve! Leaving dirty dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is empty. Ok that was refreshing!
    Netflix- Looove it. We watched lost from beginning to end and that is the only wat I could watch it. No Commercials. We still have Direct Tv but Netflix gets us together once a week for movie night I love the Instant Queue.
    Thank for reading my ramblings and I can't wait for more kits!

6. GabyCreates.com January 6, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Answer to only a few of your questions?
    Your lightbulbs were problable replaced last time the same day from the same package…lol

In my culture we do not take Christmas Deco down until tomorrow – Today is Reyes Magos Day/3 Wise Men or Ephifany – you are on schedule!

Yes I have seen little Ms Nichole's stuff…she is great!!!!

and hopefully one of those many ideas in your head includes a This and That kit for January!!!

Thanks for all you share and Happy New Year!!!
    Gaby

7. Kathie January 6, 2011 at 8:38 pm

We cancelled our directv back in September and went with Netflix and direct streaming from the internet (along with an antenna for local stations). We have a tivo box (which gets netflix) hooked up to our main tv. We also have a mac mini hooked up there as well. All our dvds have been converted to mp4s and put on the mac mini. We have a cordless mouse and a cordless keyboard that control it. We also turned on the sharing feature in itunes, so any of our other authorized computers can stream what's on the mini from anywhere in the house. So, if you have multiple users with laptops and they want to watch something on a big tv, as long as they have the cables, they can just plug in the laptop to the tv. Other options are boxee and apple tv. We also stream shows that we don't get via netflix or over the air on the mac mini.

8. Kerri January 7, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Thanks for all your comments, especially on the Netflix! You'll be happy to know that I got it all hooked up to my Wii last night. Jordan was quite excited to finally watch The Princess and the Frog. ;)

Now I just need to figure out something for the tv upstairs. I might be looking at some Mac options. I had TiVo until we had to get those stupid digital cable boxes and I couldn't get the two to work…so I cancelled it.

I feel like I've arrived in the 21st century now.

It's amazing to think that the money we'd save by not paying for cable for a year could buy us a nice new tv.

9. Kathie January 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm

If you have more questions on how our system is set up feel free to email me at tanagriz at gmail dot com.

10. Kerri January 7, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Thanks Kathie! And I just realized I have a cordless keyboard too that came with my Mac. duh. lol I just use a full-size keyboard because I need those functions more than I need something cordless. :)

11. Cynthia January 12, 2011 at 3:11 am

This is exactly some of the things I was thinking, except change the cat, to dog.
    And the missionary has been home for 8 years.
    It was great reading them on your blog. :)