alright . . .

. . . who turned on February??? I cannot believe it is here!

Start of a new month. One month of the year has already gone by. *gasp*

un. real.

Now that we’ve gone a month, how have y’all been doing with your ‘one little word.’ Mine is learn, and boy, I can tell you I have been learning some FABulous stuff! I’m beyond excited and can’t wait to share it with you all soon! Seriously. Been giddy for a couple weeks now.

Also, thought I might mention that the little bird with the heart wing in the This & That: Love kit actually has more than one wing style. Not only do you have a heart, but there’s one more traditional. That little guy looks like this:

Just in case you were wonderin’ what that extra image was in the bird cut file. :)

And a while back I’d mentioned the glorious family history photos that a distant cousin had gathered together for all our families. Looooved looking through them all. Saw this one though and thought, “I really hope it’s not in the genes.” ;)

. . . and now that I’ve scared you silly . . .
I’ll leave you with that image . . . forever  . . .  in your mind.

(you should be thankful i made it small to minimize the impact.)

2017-02-07T18:29:10+00:00 February 1st, 2011|this and that|9 Comments

1. Rhadonda February 1, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Would love to know what kind of person she was. Probably the sweetest, most giving family member ever!! And why do you tease us like that? Merciless ( :

2. dawnelaine February 1, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Hoping it's "not in the genes" – you crack me up!
    Seriously though, why, back-in-the-day, did they not smile for photographs? And what was with the black taffeta?

3. Diane Jaquay February 1, 2011 at 8:34 pm

OMG Kerri, a good laugh is just what I needed today and you certainly provided it with that picture bwahahahaha!!! THANKS!

4. Wendy February 2, 2011 at 2:55 am

LOVE that picture! I have a few like that in my family lines, too.

5. Issy February 2, 2011 at 3:09 am

She looks a bit Scottish! LOL! love from Scotland xoxo

6. Kerri February 2, 2011 at 7:55 pm

My husband says that when we "get to the other side" that this person is not going to like us at all for making fun of her. lol

But really though, you never know what they were like. And I'm sure that they all must have had a really tough life not having the modern conveniences we have now. Maybe that's why we all look so young these days. :)

7. Rhadonda February 2, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I don't know if i look so young and truth be told there are days that my picture of myself might not look as good as she looks! ( :

8. Kathy February 3, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Laughing hysterically is great first thing in the morning…I don't know if I'm laughing at the photo or your comments but thank you for making my morning!

9. Kerri February 3, 2011 at 2:59 pm