love: every little thing

A new kit has arrived right here in River City. This kit is designed with love and family and togetherness in mind. You can use it for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, a trip, or just because.

Like I’d mentioned last week on my sneak peek, I didn’t want to use conventional “love” colors to go with the current season. I wanted this kit to be universal. I think you could use it for any subject, really.

Here’s what it comes with:

FOUR DIGITAL BACKGROUND PAPERS

THREE DESIGNER PAGE CUT FILES

FOUR EMBELLISHMENT CUT FILE DESIGNS

POTPURRI OF WORD DESIGNS
These words are for titles and subtitles.
The tabs are made with both a right and left straight edge.

JOURNALING BLOCK & ENVELOPE
Use together or separately.

TRANSPARENCY PAGE

I am making my own book to show you how it can all go together.
In the meantime, here are a few simple examples of things you can do with the elements.

Use the transparency as a page overlay.

Print a background at 8″ (for example) and use your digital cutter to cut the fancy frame at 7″.

You can also double up on pages to make them sturdier. For example, if you choose the “here&now” page, cut one in a gray cardstock from your stash, flip the image, cut the another one from the mustard damask, and glue the two together.

Way cool.

Comes in SVG/GSD/DXF/PNG for digital craft cutters such as Silhouette and Cricut.
You can also use the elements to create pages digitally.

The kit is $15.

(eta. to see this kit in action, look in the next post HERE.)
2017-02-07T18:29:08+00:00 February 8th, 2011|digital kits|8 Comments

1. Rhadonda February 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Too cool. Love the color combo. Love how versatile. Looking forward to your book share.

2. Amy Rohl February 9, 2011 at 5:32 pm

LOOOOVE this kit, Kerri!

Question: I'm still feeling very new to my Silhouette, and I'm wondering if I can print from my Silhouette Studio, or do I open the print files in Adobe Photoshop and print from there?

3. Kerri February 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Thanks Amy! :) While I think you could print from SS and be okay, as long as you have PS/PSE accessible, I would print from there instead. That way you can be assured there's no quality lost.

I know when it was the old Robo Master software, I'd bring in JPGs and use them as my base with a cut file to do my own Print & Cut. Those worked fine. But I haven't tried it with SS yet. I ought to test it someday to see if the results would vary.

Hope that helps! :)

4. Amy Rohl February 9, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Sure does, thanks so much!

5. Sue February 11, 2011 at 7:30 am

Hi Amy

Kerri – hope you don't mind me commenting here – but yes, you can print from SS without losing any quality. I use the print and cut all the time. I do have photoshop elements but am still finding my way around it and the SS is very easy and user friendly :)

Kerri – your kit is fabulous!

6. Kerri February 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Thanks Amy!

I assumed it would print fine in SS, but since I hadn't tried it myself I didn't want to "make that my final answer" and lose the million dollars. ;)

Thanks for being my "phone a friend".

Okay, I think I'm in a weird mood this morning. lol

7. photogo1 February 12, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Kerri I have the original Cricut do I need to buy an additional program to cut this with my design center?
    If I use it with Photoshop Elements 8 do I just create and then handcut?
    Thanks
    Debbie

8. Kerri February 13, 2011 at 3:44 am

Hey Debbie! You do have to use something like Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) or Make The Cut (MTC) in order to use the .SVG files in the kit. Design Studio doesn't accept SVG files. If you don't have SCAL or MTC I actually think it's worth the money (like $58-75) just because it will allow you to use just about any font you have. Also, you can get many free shapes out there. They just totally broaden your choices with your Cricut.

Another alternative would be to create your pages digitally in PSE. I wouldn't recommend cutting most of the shapes by hand just because they are pretty intricate.

Hope that helps! :)