every little thing: title page

Hey, hey! I’ve started in on my mini album! Thought perhaps I’d share the title page . . . uhhh . . . on a account-a . . . uhhh. . . that’s all I’ve been able to get done so far. :)

As you can see, I used the mustard and aqua backgrounds along with the flourish and “Love Every Little Thing” title. But I also mixed in a couple other shapes/designs. The fancy border shape that’s free. You can get it HERE. And I used the clock from the This & That: Halloween kit. You can see all about that HERE. Just print it on a transparency, trim, and put it wherever you’d like.
I also made a fun twist on a flash card. This is something you could easily do in your word processor to to match whatever your needs are.
The rub ons and definition sticker are from 7gypsies and Making Memories respectively.
And what would a Kerri Bradford project be without a punch label word. Man, that is one habit I just can’t seem to break!
One little tip here. I cut two of the “every little thing” title and the flourish to give it some more dimension. I love that you can cut out multiples of one shape and layer them to give the illusion of chipboard. Who needs a machine to cut chipboard anyway? ;)
It’s been a while since I actually created a page. Felt kind-a good.
2017-02-07T18:29:07+00:00 February 10th, 2011|pages|7 Comments

1. Sandra February 10, 2011 at 9:06 pm

It is looking good so far! LOL!!!
    Love the colors.

Sandra

2. Kathy February 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Ohhh! This is an awesome kit, Kerri! Can I ask what kind of printer you use? I am so not happy with mine:( and I want a new one before I try printing out those gorgeous printed papers.

3. Kerri February 11, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Thanks guys! :)

Kathy, to answer your printer question, I use an Epson Photo Stylus 1400 printer. LOVE it! I see that Staples has it on sale with a $50 rebate for $249 here: http://www.staples.com/Epson-Stylus-1400-Wide-Format-Photo-Printer/product_677140?cmArea=SEARCH

It's a wide-format photo printer and it's amazing! I've had it for a few years and never had a problem with it (knock on wood). The inks are a little pricey at $21-ish a pop, but it's because they are high quality archival inks so that your photos will last last at least 200 years in a photo album. Worth it to me. I used to do A LOT of pages in my QVC days and had a not-so archival printer and those photos are fading already.

I don't use it for every day stuff though (unless I'm out of ink with my all-in-one).

Kind of a rule of thumb I was told once upon a time is the more colors you have on your printer, the better. Better, more accurate colors and such. Mine is a six-color printer.

I'm also using Epson Premium Presentation Paper (Matte) to print these papers on. It's cardstock and it's even double sided, so technically I wouldn't need to double-up my printing for an album–if the occasion arose. The Presentation paper just enhances the colors so much more than regular cardstock. It's more photo-like.

You won't be sorry with it. Yeah, I may not like seeing two printers in my office, but for me, I wouldn't have it any other way. I feel like you have to have the right tools for the right things–in my little ol' humble opinion. :)

Hope that helps!

4. Laina Lamb February 12, 2011 at 4:49 am

Love how this turned out! I can't wait to see more!

5. Kerri February 12, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Thanks Laina! :)

6. Denise February 19, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Can I ask you what size your page is?

7. Kerri February 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm

It's 7". The background page art is set to 8", however, I resized it down to 7" to make it more of a "mini" album.

Hope that helps! :)