the day he left…

I was uploading all Zach’s photos to Costco this last week. Uhhh….1500 of them. Yeah, you heard me. And that’s not even counting the last six months or so. While I’d originally planned to drop them into page protectors and have it ready before he came home, I had a better thought to wait for him to come home so we could put them in together as a family and he could talk about them. (Also, this lets him pick the ones he wants on display where there may be a couple of the same shot involved.)

Anyway, came across a couple of these and thought it would be fun to share and compare with the ones we’ll be taking today. I plan on taking another one in the car if I can. It will be dark though.

He said he put on 20-30 pounds, but has now lost all that because he’s been in the English area for the past 3-4 months and walks everywhere and isn’t eating all the palm oil of the African food.
Time goes by sooooo fast! His mission has gone by sooooo fast. Even the girls think so.
Crazy.
Surreal.
The decibel level will be increasing greatly in the house now . . . all the voices . . . the teasing . . . and music, I’m sure.
2017-02-07T18:28:54+00:00 April 13th, 2011|zach: mission|7 Comments

1. Rhadonda April 13, 2011 at 2:28 pm

It will be so great for you to hear all about his 2 years and how his life has changed. A great time of growing and changing for all. Things are never the same but always great. Makes us appreciate that every day is an adventure with much to share. Makes me miss my girls who are away at college. sniff sniff Carpe diem!

2. brenda April 13, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I'm so happy for you getting your boy home today! Enjoy the noise (only mom's understand how sad a quiet house can be). :)

3. luvmysilhouette April 13, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Enjoy Kerri I am so HAPPY for You…Huge Hugs…

4. Deneen April 13, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I can't believe how fast it has gone by :) Seems like just yesterday he was waiting to hear where he was going. I am sure you are one happy mama right about now!

5. Debbie D April 14, 2011 at 11:31 am

Enjoy every minute of having Zach back home with you. I know I love when my son comes in for a visit.. to do his wash, eat everything he can find, tease his sisters, and so on… The house is too quiet when he leaves.

6. Issy April 14, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Dearest Kerri! Hope your Wednesday went well with Zach! It's Thursday evening here, in Bonnie Scotland, so I reckon you've now had your big reunion! I'm so happy for you and your family. Love from Scotland xoxo

7. Amy13 April 14, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Congrats to you and your family today. What an accomplishment! Wishing you guys the best reunion ever. :)