first date. first prom.

So Jordan had her very first date last night.
The prom.
And guess who got to take pictures. ;)
She looked gorgeous in her dress, which we found at the very first
–and only–
place we went to and the only dress she tried on.
She’s an old soul, so she loves all things vintage–or vintage looking.
And the best part? It was only $65. Wow!
It’s hard to tell, but there’s a lot of beading on there too.
Needless to say we were pleased with the find.
She had a wonderful time with all her friends.
It’s fun to see a bunch of teenagers looking so dressed up!

I think this was the sweetest thing I saw though as they
were walking towards the place where we were taking pictures.
The boys were complete gentlemen!
Escorting, opening doors . . . the works.
Chivalry isn’t dead.
But probably the highlight of the evening was when they were waiting at our house for someone running late. I was already at the photo location, which meant dad was left behind to *ehem* “talk” to the teenagers–including making them read from our church’s Strength of Youth pamphlet. (It’s a guideline for being a good youth.)

It was all in good fun and they thought he was pretty funny.
But perhaps next time they’ll make a better effort to be on time. ;)
And here’s Jordan putting on the boutonniere. I missed that part. Dang
Sounds like the evening was a complete success. :)
2018-02-28T19:28:38+00:00 May 1st, 2011|Uncategorized|13 Comments

1. dawnelaine May 1, 2011 at 8:36 pm

What a gorgeous dress! And a stunningly beautiful daughter!! I like her sense of style!

2. Lisa May 1, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I love the photos. And I am amazed at how modest the dresses are. I've seen some around here that showed way more than a teenager needs to show.

3. Amy13 May 2, 2011 at 12:15 am

She is absolutely stunning. LOVE the dress. Gorgeous photos.

4. Rhadonda May 2, 2011 at 2:27 am

Aren't they all just the cutest? Beautiful. Great place to take pictures too. What memories.

5. Creative Dee May 2, 2011 at 7:40 am

WOW fantastic dress and so was the price….sadly my stepdaughter doesn't see things the same way…she got her mum to pay a whopping $800 for her "prom/formal" dress! Seems your daughter has head head on properly in many ways. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos :) Denise in Oz

6. Kathy May 2, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Wow! I adore Jordan's dress. I'm so glad she is her own person, not following the crowd! The group photo of them walking to the location for picture taking is so sweet. You're right chilvalry is not dead! The deal you found on her dress reminds of my sister's vintage country wedding-her MIL found her wedding dress at Salvation Army for…$25 dollars. It was beautiful, in amazing condition and perfect
    for her wedding at Pioneer Village outside of Phoenix, AZ

7. Lara May 2, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Way to go Dad! That place is just down the street from me great idea to take pictures there!

8. Marci May 2, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Ahhh! Jordan looks gorgeous! It is weird that I teared up a little looking at those? She is such a beautiful girl, and I have literally watched her grow up – especially through scrapbook pages. Jordan is beautiful inside and out.

9. Wendy May 3, 2011 at 1:44 am

So fun! Absolutely gorgeous dress…she looks beautiful.

10. Kerri May 3, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Thanks for all the sweet comments!

Marci, you're one to be talkin'…your boy is driving now! Jordan still hasn't gotten her permit ;)

As for "cheap" and modest dresses? It's a big Utah thing. :) We are pretty cheap 'round here. lol But I also have to admit, I love seeing them in modest dresses though.

And Kathy, what a GREAT find! Ya gotta love that!

Oh, and Jordan also told me that all the guys even stood up when a girl left & returned to the table. What GOOD boys. :)

11. peggy w May 5, 2011 at 3:23 am

I live in Lehi and have a daughter soon to be 16. I was wondering where you got the dress. We shopped forever with my oldest daughter. She would have loved that dress. I also go for cheap, but modest and classy. Thanks for sharing the great photos with us and your great talents. I have purchased many of your this and that designs. Thanks again.

12. Kerri May 5, 2011 at 4:09 am

Hey Peggy! We actually bought the dress at Peggy's Bridal…of all the names. ;) It's on State Street next to Wendy's in Orem. Around 1000 North, I'd say?

I also hear tell there's a lady in Cedar Hills that rents modest prom dresses and will customize them by adding more tulle and stuff even. Alters as needed. I think she rents them from $40-$60. My neighbor did that this time and her daughter's dress was really pretty. Fairy-like, almost.

It's not always an easy task–finding modest and cheap–is it! :)

Good luck!

13. Michele May 6, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Beautiful dress and pictures!!! Wow! :)