life additions

No. Definitely not talking about having a baby. DEFINITELY not.

I’m actually talking about Project Life by Becky Higgins.

A few months ago I started making a cuttable kit that you could use to accentuate your Project Life kit. Just to add a little dimension or another little somethin’-somethin’.

Sadly it got put on the back burner for a while.

I had this image that I’d made first and cut out on my Silhouette.

Loooooved looking at it all these weeks + weeks as it sat out on my desk . . .
a constant reminder–taunting me, if you will–that I needed to get this kit done!

Now.

Low & Behold.

It is done.

life-additions
Of course these can be used for ANY project, but they’ve been specially designed to overlay your 4×6 photo or to fit within the little journaling pockets that come in the kit–which you could either have the pocket with just the shape (no paper behind it) or lay it over one of the accent cards.

Also, some of these elements/frames would be fun to add to your photo before printing even! Since they come in PNG files too, you can drop it onto your photo in your photo editing software. A fun little twist.

Be sure to keep a look out for more of these in the future too!
I have waaay too many ideas in my head for this one!

Oh, and as I was test cutting the shapes just to make sure that “all was well”, I put these two images together to save on cardstock and thought that would be a really fun page element. I squished the frame so it wasn’t as long (in this image) and I think it still looks great. I love that doodle frame.

As many of you may know, I was the main designer on the Turquoise edition of Project Life,
so it holds a special place in my heart to create more of these images to work with this amazing system. Becky is brilliant at organizing and has made such a wonderful product here. Sadly, I never did get started on mine. I am not anywhere near as organized as our Miss Becky. ;) But I will make up a page soon just to show you how fun it can be to put it all together.

Stay tuned on Sunday for a special post . . . and perhaps a freebie . . . maybe? ;)
2018-02-28T19:24:32+00:00 May 6th, 2011|digital shapes|11 Comments

1. luvmysilhouette May 6, 2011 at 6:56 pm

YES YES YES IT IS ME AGAIN OF COURSE I GOTTA HAVE THIS ONE TOO….LOL LOL HUGS TO YOU KERRI
    YOU ARE DEFINITELY ON A ROLL….LOOOOOOOOVE IT

2. Rhadonda May 6, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Seriously? Out of the park again. Well i guess i will just have to get this one for myself for Mother's Day too, maybe I will call it Mother's Dweek (day/week, my own word). I would love to be a little fly on the wall in your head and see all those ideas floating around but that would not be very healthy! Keep up the good work.

3. Michele May 7, 2011 at 12:55 am

kerri!!! seriously!?!?!?! i'm ordering this right now as we speak! LOL, ps miss ya! haha

4. melaina May 7, 2011 at 1:41 pm

THANK YOU! LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you two work together on these things! love project life and love my silhouette! This is great!!!!

5. Nichol Magouirk May 7, 2011 at 4:13 pm

you do know I love you, right?!!!
    Can't wait to cut these bad boys out!

6. Kerri May 7, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Love you too darlin'! And I can't wait to see what YOU do with them. :)

7. Issy May 7, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Wow! Kerri, you are going from strength to strength, my dear friend! I just ADORE this one! So another for me to buy when I'm more financially afloat later in the month! LOL!
    Just loved the wee comment from Miss Nichol in your last post! Of course, I KNOW her! I am the NO 1 FAN of You,Kerri, Miss Nichol and the awesome Ali Edwards! I curtsey (and tug my forelock) to the 3 of you! YOU are Royalty! Long may Ye All Be Revered! And I'd LOVE to have you come visit me, here in Scotland! I'm Hoovering and preparing for you as we speak…well after I've finished scrapping for NSD, of course! Have a Happy NSD! Love from Scotland xo

8. cindysoul May 9, 2011 at 5:27 am

Kerri, I REALLY Love these! Can I make a special request?!! LOL!! Would you please make the flourish frame to fit all your collage templates? Wouldn't that just be awesome?!! Love you! Cindy Lou Who!!

9. Gypsy Chaos June 21, 2011 at 12:25 am

"Sadly I never did get started on mine"
    July 1 marks the midpoint of the year – why not start then?

I started in Sept because I had to capture my twin sons' senior year of high school.
    just sayin'

10. Kerri June 21, 2011 at 2:22 pm

You are so very right! There's never a bad time to start. The point is to JUST START. We'll see if I get motivated. ;)

11. […] few months ago I made my first Life Additions kit to work with the Project Life kits (with BH’s permission, of course). I had intended to […]