friday freebie + summertime sneak

Holy cannoli! Where has May gone??? There are 31 days to this month and I can’t believe we’re on day 27 already! I swear I was just looking at my calendar the other day and it was only the 15th . . . puh-lenty of time do get the This & That: Summertime kit done. Uhhhh, yeah. Apparently I lost a few days along the way.

At any rate (and my ‘rate’ is obviously slow right now),
here is a sneak peek of June’s This & That kit.

There are certain things that say “summer” to me. One is the adirondack chair . . . we have two of them that sit out under the tree in our front yard. Since our house faces east, it’s the perfect place to just relax in the shade and visit in the cool summer evenings. Of course, since we only have two of them, mom and dad get to sit on them and the kids can pull out a camping chairs or sit on the grass. Hmm. Maybe we should invest in a couple more. :)

Another thing that says “summer” to me is my grandpa’s red bike. It’s been sitting quietly now for many years since he passed away (he was such a great man). It was what he used to putter around on the farm with–checking pipes in the fields and all that. It’s such an icon of summer for me, so I had to put in another bike in this kit. Except I did make it different than the one in the Spring kit–it’s a tandem bike.

The kit is $15 and will be available next week.

Now for a little freebie. I’d been pondering what to do yesterday. Thinking about Memorial Day and all that it means. Those that have passed. Those that we miss. Those that have given their lives for our freedom. Those that are our part of our history and have made us who we are. I was driving my daughter to the school and saw a guy get out of his car and on the back of his shirt were big ol’ letters that said “connected.” Bingo. It was like a sign just for me. I thought it was a perfect word and made these two styles.

(Comes in SVG/DXF/STUDIO/AIv8/PNG)
You can download the image HERE.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
2018-02-15T21:13:35+00:00May 27th, 2011|digital shapes, freebies|14 Comments

1. Scrapthat May 27, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Love your kit sneak peek and Thanks for the freebie!

2. Rhadonda May 27, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Thanks for the freebie! Looks like another great kit acoming. I will actually be on vacation next week so will get it when i get back. Got May's cut but never together. We must lose days here in Missouri too!

3. Diana May 27, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Thanks Kerri for the freebie. I'm doing last years Father's Day pages and this will fit in perfect. Thank You

4. Cutiephinphin May 27, 2011 at 8:37 pm

5. carilackner May 27, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Kerri- I don't know if I'm the only one but i can't download your freebie. It gives me an error. Thanks! I'm off to preorder the new kit and get the education one!

6. Amber May 27, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I love your freebies, thanks but I keep getting an error message too.

7. Diana May 27, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Ditto on the error message — whew, thought it was me and my computer!!

8. Anonymous May 27, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Thanks for the cute freebie, but I also keep getting an error message. It says "Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

I've gotten this same message before, but at other times have been able to DL your freebies without any problems.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Janet Skotnicki

9. Kerri May 27, 2011 at 11:38 pm

K, I think there are problems with Internet Explorer and Google Docs because it downloads fine for me.

I've researched this before when a person or two has encountered a problem and it seems to result as problem with IE. One solution they'd mentioned was to clean out the cache. It could be that your IE isn't the most recent version either. Another solution would be to try a different program, like Firefox or Google Chrome.

A couple other people signed into Google to get it and it worked, although you shouldn't have to because it's set to just click and download.

Maybe give those options a try and see what happens. I don't understand what the deal is. It seems to be happening a little more often too.

argh. :)

10. Issy May 28, 2011 at 12:35 am

Oh the problems that I've had trying to leave you a comment with Blogger! It's been misbehaving something terrible!
    Anyhow, this time I did manage to download your freebie ok…so thanks Kerri for that xo. Loving your new This and That! (Another one to get come next month's payday!)Love from Scotland xo

11. Issy May 28, 2011 at 12:37 am

Yahoo! My comment finally landed! That was some marathon to actually send it! xo

12. SueB May 28, 2011 at 1:28 am

I've downloaded and ordered; I'm hooked! Thanx for both the freebie and the sneak peek!

13. Sandi May 28, 2011 at 8:38 am

Thanks Kerri for the great freebies! Always love them. Can't wast to see the summer kit, as that is "my" season!
    Sandi Kuhlman