problems leaving comments

This is sooooo frustrating me!

I don’t know WHAT is going on with Blogger, but I’m very frustrated. It all seemed to start happening when it was down for a few days.
I did a little search on the internet and found this information HERE and I’m posting it on my blog. Hopefully it will help.
  1. Before attempting to login in make sure the “Remember Me” Checkbox is Unchecked.
  2. Make sure you are running the latest version of your browser, if not, upgraded it.
  3. Make sure you REALLY have cleared both your COOKIES and CACHE.
  4. Once cleared shut down the browser.
  5. Then open it again and check that the Cookies and Cache are indeed empty. This is very important. The problem seems to be with corrupt cookies and cache files.
  6. If that is okay, try going to www.blogger.com . Don’t login yet, press CTRL-F5 and then try logging in again.
  7. If that still does not work try logging into Gmail first and then go to www.blogger.com and try again.
  8. If that does not work try going to this address http://www2.blogger.com/home.
  9. If that does not work try going to draft.blogger.com.
  10. If you use IE8 or IE9 try pressing the compatibility button (at the end of the address bar) when you’re on your blog page.
  11. If all those fail, try installing another browser to see if that works eg Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc.
I also wonder if this will help with people downloading the freebies because the research I’ve seen is that there’s problems with Internet Explorer and Google. So maybe try a different browser than Explorer.
Hope that helps.
argh. argh.
2017-02-07T18:28:41+00:00June 9th, 2011|Uncategorized|8 Comments

1. Scrapthat June 9, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I have heard this from a ton of "Blogger"'s, I only use Firefox because I never see an ad with Ad block and I have not had a problem in the least. (touching wood!) Sorry to hear of your frustration!!

2. Chelle June 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I have not had any problems but I always use chrome.

3. Anonymous June 9, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Mine is doing the exact same thing and driving me to distraction I have been thinking of moving to wordpress….
    Jane NZ

4. Becky Handforth June 9, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I have problems with blogger always wanting to put my pictures at the top of my post. So frustrating.

5. Wendy June 10, 2011 at 3:01 am

Thanks for your help…I've been frustrated with Blogger lately as well.

6. Shanon June 10, 2011 at 10:08 am

Blogger has been a pain in the backside lately! I made some changes to my set up and then just started using Windows Live Writer to publish my blog and I am much happier now.

7. Karen W June 12, 2011 at 2:10 pm

All my problems started when I moved to IE9 – what a mistake. Blogger sign in stopped working. I have moved over to Google Chrome and so far so good.

Karen

8. Kerri June 13, 2011 at 2:14 pm

You know, I really think it all does have something to do with Internet Explorer and Blogger. I always used Firefox on my PC and now use Safari. I used Firefox because I'd heard that viruses were more apt to happen with IE and that a couple of the other browsers like Firefox worked better. Worked for me. :)

I also used to have the problem of Blogger inserting my pics at the top of the post, but it hasn't done that for a while. I don't know why it changed for me, but it was annoying when it was wiggin' like that. I can't remember if it stopped doing it when I went to a Mac or if it was another time.

At any rate…it's annoying to be annoyed. (Is that profound or what? lol)