sad day

So, I just discovered . . .
my Graphically Speaking Cricut cartridge
is being discontinued.
I guess it’s had a nice run.
I believe it’s been four years since it came out.
I guess I just never thought about it being discontinued.
Feels weird.

Man.
Thinking about making that cartridge just brings back
so . many . memories .
That good ol’ laptop of mine . . . we were best buddies
at the kitchen table for a few months.
Summertime’s a killer with young kids that
want to watch tv. ;)
Some reeeaaaalllly long days.
We’re talking, up at 4 or 5 a.m. and pretty much working
until 10 or 11 at night. That included doing my day job too.
I relied on my newly-driving son to do so many errands for me.
Verrrry grateful for that.
I think I put on 20 pounds.
The daily non-diet Dr. Pepper and chocolate donut didn’t help there.
(thanks for enabling me there Zach with driving to get it. ha ha)
That was all my “learning Illustrator” days.
I can never express enough gratitude to Miss Heather Lancaster
for helping me figure things out as needed.
She had so much patience with me.
adore.her.
And I can never express enough gratitude for
Desiree Tanner
and
Heather
for having the confidence in me to take on such a task
as creating a Cricut cartridge.
If it weren’t for them and the serendipitous moment
of us getting to share dinner together at Gibsons (yummm!) in Chicago,
I wouldn’t be where I am today.
Wow.
Just so many thoughts and emotions about those days.
Of course, since I was new to Illustrator,
when I look back on that cartridge?
I admit, I kind of cringe at some things. :)
Especially because the rules for cartridges were one way . . .
but being the defiant and particular person that I am, I’d always try
and sneak my own way in there when possible. (hee hee)
haaated.stenciling.images.
When I think how much time it took me to do both
Printing Press & Graphically Speaking???
I think I could do it in half the time now.
Yowza.
Anyway. Thanks for letting me ramble on so.
Not that you have a choice there, but you do have
a choice on whether or not you keep reading it. lol
So, thanks for sticking through this entire post for today. :)
At least I’m still getting to do what I love in creating more for
all you people in the digital craft cutting world.
Thanks for helping me do what I love to do.
love it.
and love to you all.

Now, as sort of a ‘farewell tribute’, if you will,
here are a few pages using GS that people have shared on my blog.

Tenthings
Loni Stevens

Robynforweb
Robyn Werlich

Robynborderweb
Robyn Werlich

Threewords
Erin Lincoln

Kristy01
Kristy Banks

Oct08
me.

Oregonfull
me (also uses printing press)

Orange1
and me.

Goodbye Graphically Speaking.
I will miss you.

2017-02-07T18:28:37+00:00 July 12th, 2011|pages|13 Comments

1. Bearylish July 12, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I love this cartridge. This was one of the first ones that I purchased. I wish that there was a graphically speaking two I would fall head over hills with it! Thank you for creating just an amazing product.

2. Rhadonda July 12, 2011 at 8:24 pm

4 years, wow. It was my first purchase too. One of the few things i made with my cricut used that cartridge. Now i never use my Cricut, just my silhouette. Thank YOU for continuing to design for us wee people out here. Keep up the great work. Glad you develop things quicker now for your sanity and for our crafting pleasure!

3. Anonymous July 12, 2011 at 8:39 pm

This was one of my first purchases and has remained a favorite of mine. I didn't know you were the artist behind all those great designs and now that I do know it's no wonder I'm always reaching for this cartridge. Love your designs!!

4. Cynthia B. July 12, 2011 at 9:25 pm

GS is my favorite Cricut cartridge ever! Thanks for spending so much time on it. I can tell you that it has brought you many many fans!

5. Sandra July 12, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Go on and ramble away!!! LOL!
    I don't own this cartridge and since I have my Silhouette, my cricut is covered with dust. Oops!

Sandra

6. Heather Lancaster July 12, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Gone but not forgotten!!! <3
    those were some fun times!!!

7. Kerri July 13, 2011 at 12:10 am

OHHHHHH my dear Miss Heather! Those were good times!
    When are we going to meet up in Hawaii again? :)

And thanks everyone for your amazing support!

8. Therese Given July 13, 2011 at 2:35 am

Wow, that is a shame! Such a great cartridge & certainly glad I have it in my collection. Thanks for sharing the "behind the scenes" story on this. I know I will think of my cartridges in a different light now =)

9. Jan July 13, 2011 at 3:12 am

You are amazing.

10. Carol Ladd July 13, 2011 at 11:26 pm

I absolutely love the cartridge and have used it at least 10x as much more than any other cartridge. Thanks.

11. Laura T. July 15, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Definitely my favorite Cricut cartridge … use it all the time. So sorry it is being discontinued.

12. jennj42 July 18, 2011 at 8:50 pm

One of my favorites! I actually used it last week to make a homemade Project Life kit for a wedding shower.

13. Ruth G October 26, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I just had a “aha” moment…didn’t realize you were the inspired creator of Graphically Speaking. I knew I really like everything I’ve seen here on your blog so it makes sense since I LOVE Graphically Speaking…Thanks for such an awesome cartridge and for this wonderful page of fantastic ways to use it!!!