rhinestone template material . . .

from Silhouette . . . it’s not just for rhinestones anymore.

“What’s that,” you say?

’tis true, ’tis true.

A little bit ago I was wondering what I could run through my Silhouette to cut my shapes that was thin enough and yet provide some kind of good stamping material.

I took a look around . . . saw my rhinestone template material . . . and the wheels started a-turnin’.

I cut four or five of one shape (the beauty of digital craft cutters) and layered them all together to get this.

What’s really great about the material is it’s workable–meaning, if you don’t lay it down quite right on top of each layer, you can carefully undo what ya done and get it positioned correctly.

Now, I haven’t tried this with anything too intricate yet ’cause I’m not sure how it would cutting something like that with the rhinestone material. So maybe just keep that in mind if you try it.

The material doesn’t necessarily hold the ink to its highest level, however, because you are working with it on a clear block, you can stamp repeatedly!

On this image, I stamped it like four times.

Just wipe it off, peel it off, maybe save it on a page protector or something, and you’ve got it ready the next time you want to use it!

And here is the end result:

[Shapes | Telegram: Love: Every Little Thing / Flower: This Everything / Cupcake + Stand + Bird: This & That Love / Celebrate: Stars+Stripes)

Sorry. I’d intended for more of the flower to show, but you know how it goes sometimes in the world of crafting. ;)

Another cool thing? I laid it all out in the Silhouette Studio software before cutting. Loooove doing that! Looks a little something like this:

Makes it ever-so handy, dontcha think? :)

I’m dyin’ to try this stamping technique with one of those ABC borders or montage. Ooooh….

thus endeth the lesson for today.

2018-02-15T16:23:27+00:00 August 18th, 2011|cards, tips and tricks|10 Comments

1. Dolly/scrapthat August 18, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Thanks for the Tut Teach!! If I ever get the rhinestone stuff I’ll give this a whirl! :)

2. Issy Scotland August 18, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Brilliant Idea, Kerri! Can’t wait to try it! Love from Scotland xo

3. Nancy August 18, 2011 at 6:41 pm

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity and your willingness to share your talents with others. Thanks for the tip!

4. Terri Marchbanks August 18, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Brilliant Miss. Kerri, Missed ya this week but truly a well deserved break…hugs

5. Paula L. August 18, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I have a question,can i take apart the same do dadads from all my T and T kits and do the same thing, or do they need to be from the separate kits… Please dont say the separate…I’ll just kill myself!!

• Kerri August 18, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Hey Paula! I’m not quite sure what you’re asking here. Are you just wondering if you could…say–use the bird from the full This & That Love kit? If so, you sure can! All the shapes are there for individual use on any project. For example, the bird is not only in the composite, but it’s also there as a file in the GSD directory (this is an older kit) as love_GSD_0019.

Now, if you you’re asking something else, let me know and we’ll go from there.

6. Beth August 19, 2011 at 8:52 am

Seriously, Kerri, you are the most brilliant person EVER! This is awesome!!

Hey, is there a way to “subscribe” to your blog? It may just be me and my old age, but I can’t see how to do it. I’m not getting the updates in my Google Reader like I did with your old blog…and it makes me sad.

7. vera rhuhay August 20, 2011 at 12:17 am

Wonderful idea,Kerri! I gotta try this :)
    Thanks for sharing amd have a great week end :)

8. Karen W August 21, 2011 at 2:39 pm

This is great! I will have to give it a try. Thanks so much.

Karen

9. Carol August 24, 2011 at 10:56 am

Pretty insightful. Thanks!

My blog:
    dsl vergleich anbieter und dsl vergleich