september

it makes me happy.

i think it’s got to be one–if not the–most favorite month in my book.

school is just begininng.

the air is getting cooler.

the colors are changing.

i get to wear more layers
(gotta hide those unsightly bulges these days).

there are some great songs about september
like:

‘when september ends’ by green day

‘september morn’ by neil diamond

‘september’ by earth wind + fire

‘september’ by daughtry

and yes. i like all those songs. :)

my birthday is this month (along with hubby)
doesn’t that just automatically make a month happy?

the new tv season starts.
(i’m dying for some amazing race and survivor!)

all the good foods are being harvested.
have you ever had a potato picked fresh from the garden or field?
and don’t even get me started on the apples!

i think spending a few falls on our family farm has spoiled me there. ;)

all the girls here are going to help make september a happy month.
that’s their assignment. to create whatever makes them happy.

so watch for those to come this month!

september.

it just makes me happy.

What month makes you happy?

2011-09-01T10:02:18+00:00 September 1st, 2011|Uncategorized|12 Comments

1. Issy Scotland September 1, 2011 at 10:30 am

I don’t really have a favourite month as there are things that I associate and love with Every month! My little grandaughter,Alexis Rose, will be two on the fifth of this month, so that’s another Birthday to add to the list. I hope that You and your Hubby have great birthdays too! Whatcha getting for your birthday pressies? Are you thinking of taking a trip overseas (WINK, WINK!!!) Love from Scotland xo

2. Rhadonda September 1, 2011 at 10:38 am

Impossible to narrow to one month but i do agree September is awesome. I love fire pits, changing trees, windows open. There is something about the blue of the sky in September. Don’t take those mountains for granted that are in your area. Have a happy month, happy birthday, happy all things!

3. Dolly/scrapthat September 1, 2011 at 10:39 am

Well Happy Early Birthday to you and DH!!
    October makes me happy…My DD’s Birthday…seeing her dressed up for Halloween, carving pumpkins it kinda starts me in the mood for Christmas as well. :)

4. CarolineD September 1, 2011 at 11:10 am

June is my favorite – That’s when we can finally count on good weather. It’s not too hot and I really enjoy having my kids around. I looooove the long days – I feel like I have so much more energy when it’s still bright at 9:00. And it’s my birthday month – you’d think at my age that would fade away, but no: cake makes me happy, so yay, June!

But I also have a weakness for October – I love the leaves changing, hoodies and shorts, sleeping with the windows open but piled under blankets. And it’s such a photogenic month – everything is so beautiful!

5. Eveline van Heijst September 1, 2011 at 11:41 am

I like September too, and after a lousy summer with lots of rain it seems that summer returned from a long vacation over here. I love fall for lots of reasons.
    I have a book called “September” by Rosamunde Pilcher and I can read that book again every year.
    Have a good September.
    Eveline.

6. Kathy (krolski) September 1, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I like June. I love the start of Summer. I love everything about summer. Hot days. More sunshine. No school for kids. More life in the air. :)

7. Jeanne Ann September 1, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I totally agree. September is the best month of the year. I too will be celebrating a birthday this month. I also have plans to check a few things off my bucket list. September is the perfect month!

8. Debbie C September 1, 2011 at 8:14 pm

September makes me happy too! And it’s my birthday month also. I do love that change from the hot summmer days (though it is suppose to in the upper 90’s here in Dayton, OH!) to the crisp, made-for-a-sweat-shirt mornings. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

9. arlene September 1, 2011 at 9:40 pm

for me it’s a toss up between september and july. my birthday is also in september, we get to start wearing sweaters and comfy cozy clothes again, and new things are starting. but then there’s july…the weather is finally hot, it’s always sunny, and my daughter’s birthday is in july so that means a lot of fun crafty preparations.

10. Deirdre Coleman September 1, 2011 at 10:20 pm

September is my favorite month, too. I used to teach, so I get very nostalgic this time of year, like I should be hanging bulliten board letters and sharpening pencils. Now I just enjoy the sharp crisp nights, the trees changing colors, plenty of crafting inspiration, and of course fall tv (you named my two favorites!)

11. Christi September 2, 2011 at 2:17 pm

July makes me happy. It means it might actually be warm! It’s so fleeting.
    I do like September but it really means the long, cold, dark winter isn’t that far away. Winter just seems to last 9 months around here.

12. Lisa Ritchie September 10, 2011 at 1:20 am

I appreciate your happiness of all of these things,and glad you are so richly blessed. But, it’s bothered me some the past few days since reading this that you mentioned all the “happy” things, but failed to say anything of September 11. Thank you.