a fun week in store!

It’s a party week here in the Bradford house as hubby and I both bring on the celebratory events of another year passing by in our simple little lives. As of tomorrow, my hubby will be counting down his final days of 40-dom. Shh. Don’t tell him I told you that.

I don’t have any issues with getting older–no crying and hiding out in my room as “another dreadful day” passes. But I do think it’ll be weird when we are in our 50s. That’s gettin’ into grandparent territory and I ain’t no grandma. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…just not ready for that yet. :)

So since we’re partyin’ all week here at our house (heck, don’t us chicas’ birthdays generally last a week anyway?), I thought we should party here on the site too! Okay, let’s face it, I’ll just think of any reason to party (I say as I’m boogying out to disco on Pandora). ;)

Therefore, the amazing and fabulous design team are here to share their talent this week! Yahoo!

Here’s something from that darling Shari Carroll.
I tell ya, when I see projects made from the This & That kits, I just get giddy.

love this!

shari-carroll-Boo-500-wm-shari-carroll-Boo-close-500

[Shapes | This & That: Halloween]

Totally love how she stamped and inked the entire project giving it dimension and deliciousness!

.   .   .   .   .   .

Next on the agenda? A brand new template kit!

I’ve had a few request for templates that are specifically for 4×6 and 5×7–especially with the holidays just around the corner. Additionally, I’ve had requests to make a template that has 2×3 photo sizes that can be used with Project Life, but of course it can be used for anything. And then I just had to throw in a couple of 4×8 templates.

So . . . voila! Here ya go!

Do you ever just have those a-ha moments? Or an accidental a-ha moment? Or would that be a serendipitous moment?

Well, in making this kit I discovered a fun new way to add variety in comparison to what I’ve done previously.

You know me and variety.

You would use this kit, pretty  much like you have with all the other storyboard kits–using the aqua–or Photo–layers to clip your photo too. However, now with this kit you have more three choices. You can use it plain, you can add the rounded frame layer, or you can add the straight frame layer. Just click on the “eye” of the corresponding layer in the Layers palette to turn it on or off.

But wait, there’s more! Okay, maybe not more, but more choice. :) You aren’t limited to using the frame in black (although I loooove black). But you could change it to white or a complementary color just by using your Paint Bucket tool on that layer. And again, you don’t have to use a frame. You can simply use the template as a photo collage–no frame.

variety. variety!

And one of my favorite choices is the Photobooth template. On these examples I . . . created it just with the normal pics, I used the Seventies action (from The Pioneer Woman), and then I changed the photos to b+w . . . leaving the Seventies action still in play. Love how you can play with these for completely different looks!

The templates work with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.

And there you have the first day of the Bradford celebratory week. :)

2018-02-15T16:04:58+00:00September 12th, 2011|cards, photo templates, shari carroll|15 Comments

1. {dawn} September 12, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Just when I thought perhaps I might figure out how to use the templates you have gone and complicated it! Please take it easy on us over-50 grandmother types!! :)

And, Happy Birthday to you and your hubby!

• Kerri September 12, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hey Dawn…it’s super easy….really!
      They work just the same, but now you have two additional frame layers–and they come turned off so as not to confuse ya.
      So if you want a frame, just turn that layer on.
      Once you try it, you’ll go “Ohhhhh. What was I worried for?” ;)

2. Sandra K. September 12, 2011 at 2:36 pm

A Big Happy Birthday to you both!! Have fun this week!
    An other stunning card from Shari. I just love her work.
    And well done on the new template. It makes it so much easier for us. Thank you!!!

Sandra :)

3. Rhadonda September 12, 2011 at 2:48 pm

We love to celebrate with you!! And yes birthday celebrations are entitled to last longer than one day. It is an unwritten rule i believe. So have a great celebratory week!!

4. Issy Scotland September 12, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Hope you and Dan have a great celebratory birthday week! I just LURVE the new templates…think I’ll have to use them for scrapping my life in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s- just so my grankids have something to remember me by! Not that I’m planning on departing this mortal coil yet awhile! Love from Scotland xo

5. Nichol Magouirk September 12, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Shari Carroll…YOU ROCK the cards/stamping/Kerri’s kits! As always…LOVE this!

And the new templates….. BRILLIANT! Can’t wait to try these out! mwah!

6. Sandi Kuhlman September 12, 2011 at 8:22 pm

YEAH!!!!! I’m one of the ones who has requested 2X3 and I am a happy camper right now! Thanks so very much, you rock!

7. Karen W September 12, 2011 at 9:23 pm

First, Happy Birthday to you and your hubby! You should celebrate for the week for sure and thanks for having us along!

Love the card and the dimension!

The new templates are wonderful and LOVE the option of the frames!

Thanks
    Karen

8. Renee Givens September 12, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Love the new templates. Can a person who has no experience with this and PSE be able to figure out how to use them. I hope so because they are just what I wanted. Happy birthday to both of you and can’t wait to see what the rest of the week brings.

• Kerri September 12, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the wonderfulness you share here as well as the birthday wishes. :)

And Renee, the photo templates really are super easy to use. You can see some information on how to use them under the Tutorials link above here on my site. Also, you can try out a freebie frame for yourself here: https://www.kerribradford.com/2011/03/25/feeling-a-little-a-d-d/.

Hope that helps! :)
      Kerri

9. Deneen September 13, 2011 at 9:07 am

You know I think your amazing! Just purchased the kit and can’t wait to get home from work so I can go play!

10. KathyW (krolski) September 13, 2011 at 11:25 am

I love Shari’s work! She’s amazing! Love your kits too! I used one of your Halloween shapes on this:
    Thanks!!

11. Antonia September 13, 2011 at 2:21 pm

THANK YOU KERRI! Super excited to have a new 4×6/5×7 template, just in time for the holidays. Loving Sharri’s card too! How fun to have a birthday week celebration, Happy Birthday to you & your hubby :)

12. Renee September 14, 2011 at 12:23 am

Thanks Kerri, I will give it a try. Hope I can do it, lol!!

13. Maricel C. September 20, 2011 at 9:58 pm

This is a great template! I am sure I will use this over and over and over…