ham + swiss rolls

divine.

Just have to say, “Thank you Becky Higgins!”

These are a new family favorite!

[Photo by Becky Higgins | Click HERE to see Becky’s original post.]

HAM & SWISS ROLLS

24 rolls
mayonnaise
12 thick slices deli ham (black forest)
12 slices Swiss cheese
1/2 c. melted butter
1 1/2 Tbsp. mustard
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp. poppy seeds

Slice rolls in half so they open. Spread mayo on top and bottom of the inside of each roll. Assemble rolls with ½ slice of cheese and ½ slice of ham. Place all of these in a baking pan or stone. Mix together the melted butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and poppy seeds with a whisk. Brush this mixture all over the tops of the rolls and cover with tin foil. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until heated through.

I use French hamburger buns and use two slices of ham vs. the one. I also forgot to put the foil on while baking the first time we made them, but did it last night for dinner. I must say, I like the ‘no foil’ version better because it makes the bread a little crunchier. I think we all liked it better that way!

This is definitely worth adding to your dinner repertoire!

2017-02-07T18:28:31+00:00September 21st, 2011|recipes|7 Comments

1. {dawn} September 21, 2011 at 9:13 am

I will try these for Sunday night supper. They look so yummy, and I am totally into the crunchier roll idea! Can you tell it is almost lunchtime here?….

2. Rhadonda September 21, 2011 at 10:18 am

I used to fix these all the time. They are definitely yummy. Thanks for reminding me of these again!

3. Melinda September 23, 2011 at 3:42 pm

We love these sandwiches too. I like to use Hawaiian rolls and put half the butter sauce in the baking pan before adding the rolls, that way the bottom of the rolls have that wonderful buttery taste too. I put the foil on for half the baking time. We like them a little crunchier too.

4. Lee Ann September 23, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I made these for supper tonight. They were delicious. I used the Hawaiian rolls. I think next time I will uncover them halfway through like Melinda said she did. I would like them just a wee bit crunchier… Thanks for sharing!

5. Heather Crawford September 26, 2011 at 8:40 am

What did you serve with these if you had them for dinner?

• Kerri September 27, 2011 at 2:59 pm

The first time we made them, we had tater tots. The second time…that cabbage salad (recipe HERE).

And I think I need to add that butter goo to the bottom too. It sounds good. We made a roast beef version–slightly different–but then dipped it in au jus. With that recipe there was more butter goo on the bottom. Why is it that the goo–the stuff that tastes so good–is always bad for you?

6. Heather Crawford September 30, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Thanks Kerri..making them tonight..