subway art | on display

Okay, so after not having the usual transfer tape and thinking I could just use regular masking tape and then picked out all the negative space . . . the vinyl didn’t come off the masking tape and onto my background. I knew I should have tested it first. lol

So rather than go to the effort of finding some real transfer tape–because, let’s face it, I’m lazy, I can admit it–I opted for the print method. Which still looks good, I just wanted the dimensional look on the fun chalkboard that resides behind the printout.

[Printable | Subway Art: Halloween ]

I was just tickled pink to find that frame at Rod Works! I have plans to use this as a holiday frame for subway art now (*hint hint*). But this would look just as amazing in an 8×10 frame, which I almost did. Because I thought it would be cute to wrap a couple different colored thick ribbons around the one side of the frame and dangle a couple tags from it. Maybe some funky button too. Aaaaaand, you never know. I just may do something with that idea for something else too. :)

I’m also contemplating that ribbon. I think I need like a 2″ thick meshy, glittery Halloween ribbon and not a 5/8″ ribbon. But when looking for ribbons yesterday, I didn’t find any that suited my fancy. That’s what I get for waiting to decorate for Halloween. Things go fast ’round these parts!

Anyway, that’s my Halloween craft for today. Got a couple other ideas rollin’ ’round in my head too.

2017-09-21T18:23:01+00:00October 12th, 2011|projects|14 Comments

1. Rhadonda October 12, 2011 at 10:12 am

That frame is totally awesome. What a find! My husband and i have worked with vinyl a lot and we use just regular clear contact paper from Walmart as our transfer medium. Have had no problems so far and way more economical. I have also read you can use painter’s tape but i have not tried it. I love subway art and i fill several frames with printables. I look forward to what you create next. It is a wonder you ever sleep with your creative mind spinning so fast ( :

2. Sandra K. October 12, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Love how you used the subway art on the chalkboard!
    Great idea.

Sandra :)

3. Melinda T October 12, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Laziness never looked so good! I’m loving it!

4. Melinda T October 12, 2011 at 5:43 pm

RHADONDA-thanks for the handy tip about clear contact paper!

• Kerri October 13, 2011 at 8:16 am

Indeed! Thanks Rhadonda!
      I’ll have to remember that for the next one for sure!

5. Sue Alg October 13, 2011 at 11:55 am

Love It, Love It, Love It. Love Subway Art and that frame is the perfect setting. I’ve heard of using clear contact paper, but haven’t tried it. Must get some.

6. Rhadonda October 13, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Gosh now i feel total pressure. But we have put vinyl on walls, glass, plastic and the contact paper worked great. I want to try buying some colored contact paper to use like vinyl for kind of inexpensive projects if you know what i mean. Glad to help and enable!

7. Susy October 14, 2011 at 8:16 am

Love this Miss Kerri, the grgeous stand sets the subway art of perfectly. Really hoping we will see more of that uber cute subway art ;-)

• Kerri October 14, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Thanks hon! And I think…I think…you may get your wish of more subway art like that one… ;)

8. Michele October 14, 2011 at 2:24 pm

love.love.love. this!!! and love you too kerri! thank you :D

9. Katie October 14, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I really need to find a frame like that. I haven’t been to Rod Works in ages…it’s a dangerous place for me. But I think I may need to go explorin’!

• Kerri October 15, 2011 at 7:19 am

It IS a dangerous place! And what’s even worse for me is they put one about 3 blocks away from me. That’s like putting out a plate of cookies in the kitchen and expecting me not to take one. lol The girl working there said they have a hard time keeping those frames in. And there’s one that goes horizontally too. If only they sold even 1/4 of their products online, they would make a killing!

10. Kris October 19, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I love this frame!!! I can’t find it anywhere. I wish we had a Rod Works in Minnesota!
    Thanks for all of your great ideas!

11. […] Black and white subway art from Kerri […]