december additions: the dailies

Alright boys and girls (okay, so it’s probably mostly girls ;)), we got ourselves a new set of kits a-comin’!

How many of you do the December Daily mini album
with Ali Edwards each year?

i.love.this.

Each and every year I look at what she’s makin’ and am just so danged inspired by the clean lines with that bit of character. Oddly enough, it’s right up my *ehem* ‘Ali’. (I know, bad pun.)

So when a few of y’all asked if I could make a kit that would work with it?

My wheels started turnin’.
Asked Miss Ali if it would be alright to make some cuttin’ files . . .

. . . and away I went!

I’m excited to bring you the first of a few kits in a new line called “December Additions”, which are designed with Ali’s December Daily in mind . . . but of course can be used for anything . . . like PROJECT LIFE! I love it when a kit is so universal. :)

These shapes are designed to use on a ‘daily’ basis in your album. And right off the bat, you can see I have a few choices of each type of shape.

Choices people, choices!

I’m all about variety. You should all know that by now, right?

And all three number styles come in numbers 1-31. I’ve just narrowed it down on the example image due to space issues.

Here’s how some of them can work together:

Combine a “dec” with a date or use a great big number on your page. Both are really cool ideas.

Want another handy-dandy little tip?

Did you know you could turn a shape into a tag or charm? Here’s a little video to show you how using Silhouette Studio:

Okay, so I think that sums up this first kit.

Got a couple more fun ideas up my sleeve!

Can’t wait to share them!

ETA: After receiving a few requests, I’ve made a separate kit with all the month shapes made in the same fashion as December Additions: The Dailies.

Here it is:

2017-09-27T16:29:01+00:00 October 21st, 2011|digital kits, video tutorials|15 Comments

1. Dolly/scrapthat October 21, 2011 at 4:34 pm

VERY very cool Kerri!! I AM doing December Daily this year…I am! I am determined to start this year. Thanks for the files to help this along! :)

2. Robin October 21, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Love this! Thanks for all the work you do on these kits. Can’t wait for my Cameo to arrive so I can play!!!

3. Sandi Kuhlman October 21, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Girl you rock!!!! I did my first Dec. Daily last year and plan on doing it again. It was so much fun to do and now it will be even more fun! Thanks for sharing your superb creativity! Can’t wait to see what else you have up that sleeve of yours!

4. CarolineD October 21, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Awesome! And thanks for the video! I didn’t know about the align/center feature – that could come in serious handy. I’ll have to poke around up there a little more, obviously I’ve been neglecting some cool features in the software. Thanks!

Do you think that you’ll do other months with other styles of numbers? Or maybe a kit with other month names similar to the ones offered here? Love them. :)

5. Janet skotnicki October 21, 2011 at 7:40 pm

LOVE this Kerri! I may just be inspired to do a mini album during December. Thank so much for taking the time to do the video. The info. Will come in handy.

6. cindy October 22, 2011 at 9:29 am

Love, love, love….can’t wait to see more!

7. Sue Alg October 22, 2011 at 10:38 am

Kerri, I just ordered my Cameo and can’t wait for it to arrive. I’m saving your Silhouette tips. I ordered your This & That Autumn for a printer’s tray. (Used my old Cricut) It is now displayed with my other Fall home decor items. I’ve gotten quite a few compliments on it. I’m now going to begin working on some Printer’s Trays as Christmas gifts and will be working with a variety of your kits. Thanks so much.

8. Rhadonda October 24, 2011 at 8:22 am

These dailies will be so handy! Thanks tons. And i wanted to thank you for now including a preview picture in each kit. I am a little behind organizing and just noticed this feature. Love it love it!

9. Laura M January 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

Hi,
    I was lucky enough to get a Silhouette and my first purchase was the December Dailies (and a few of your other kits). I’m still learning the Studio software and was wondering how you separate the images from each other. So, for example, if I wanted to resize and cut the 4 in a circle it is attached to the other numbers in a circle.

I’m assuming that there’s a way to do this. Any advice or suggestions?

By the way, I love your kits and I am truly inspired by what Nichol Maguoirk does with them!

• Kerri January 27, 2012 at 11:14 am

Hey Laura! Is it just he number 4 and not the 04 you want? I think I’m a little confused. You can select something and do Ungroup (right click/Ungroup) and that can separate images, but those particular number sets are already ungrouped. That’s why I’m not sure if I’m answering correctly. If you’re wanting only the 4 and not 04, you can’t do that because it’s designed as a 04.

Let me know if that answered anything for you at all. :)

10. Laura M January 27, 2012 at 11:30 am

Oh my gosh! Aren’t you the sweetest thing to respond so quicky!
    I’m thinking I didn’t explain it clearly (and I’m trying to do this from memory since I’m at work). :)

Let me try to explain it again. Suppose I am using the monthly dailies and I open up the Studio file with the month of June. In the window of the Studio software it opens the 4 different fonts of “June”. And they all move together. So, what do I need to do if I only want to work with one of the font. Is there a way to separate it from the other 3? [Does that make any sense?]

• Kerri January 27, 2012 at 11:35 am

i think I get what your saying. The weird thing is, all of those shouldn’t be grouped together. They aren’t for me. So I’m a bit baffled by that. :)
      At any rate, it’s Ungroup (right click/Ungroup) you want to use. That way you can move everything off the cutting area except for the one you want to use.

Let me know if that’s fer-sure what you were wanting when you get home from work and you can play with it. :)

11. Laura M January 27, 2012 at 11:48 am

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!! I will definitely check it out when I get home and see if I’m just imagining them all moving together. If not, I’ll try to “Ungroup” them. Have a great weekend!!

12. Laura M January 28, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Kerri,
    I wanted to let you know that the images ARE separated when you open the files using the “open” command. I was opening them from “my library” and for some reason all the images are groupe. But they can be separated by using “ungroup” button. I hope to spend time playing with them tomorrow.
    Thanks for your help! :)

• Kerri January 28, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Oh goodness gracious…you’re right! It didn’t occur to me that the program would change when you put it into the library.
      Sometimes I just wanna go ‘duh’! Why didn’t I think to check that. ;)
      Thanks Laura!