this+that: christmas past

Before we get started, if you are here looking for the freebie and a fun little ‘last minute gift’ idea,
please scroll down until you see the words “This Week’s Extravaganza” in big green letters.

And now . . . This+That: Christmas Past!

Comes in SVG/STUDIO/DXF/AIv8/PNG
Price: $15

Here’s a few tips about the kit:

Ornament
Adhere red polka dot to same-size cream background. Adhere that ensemble to the slightly larger ornament. Adhere ornament top, wrap ribbon around ornament and adhere to background.

Noel
Adhere music to background. Wrap string over left edge and top-right corners. Secure lightly to back to hold in place while adhering NOEL. Layer light red sleigh piece with darker red sleigh piece. Play with the placement of the sleigh with the runner before securing it all down.

List For Santa
Adhere ‘List For’ on top line of notebook paper and ‘santa’ on second line. Add ribbon tied to paperclip and adhere to background. Adhere ‘cookies wrapper’ one space below ‘santa’ (see image). Wrap ribbon around ensemble.

Christmas Tree
Make sure you use your paper piercer to help poke out the smaller ‘radius’ areas.

Church on a Snowy Hill
Adhere white solid church behind brown background. Adhere snow piece on top of brown background. Adhere to background and add the extra trees as shown.

Let It Snow
Create a dimensional ‘button’ by using a .75″ circle punch to cut four more cardstock circles. (You can also use the punch to cut out the button image.) Adhere all pieces together. Adhere in this order: snowflake,  ‘snow’, ‘let it’, button.

Peppermint Candy
Adhere in this order: cream ‘wrapper’, cream circle center, red twisty candy. Note: the extra cream circle center isn’t absolutely necessary, but it gives the piece more dimension.

Reindeer
Adhere reindeer card with reindeer on top. Staple on upper-right side, if desired.

Normally I create two posts with all this information, but due to all our fun activities this week, I’m combining it all into one.

BREAK IT DOWN

You can use this kit with many of the digital craft cutters out there, such as Silhouette, Pazzles and Cricut. Anything that can use an SVG/STUDIO/DXF/AIv8 file. If you are using Cricut, you’ll need to use something like Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) or Make The Cut (MTC). These programs allow you to use SVG files with your Cricut. However, Provo Craft has made it so these two programs cannot work with the Cricut anymore, so if you didn’t get either program purchased earlier in the year (like spring 2011), then you won’t be able to use it with Cricut.

And if you don’t have a digital craft cutter? No worries. You can create it digitally! There are PNG/JPG files in this kit as well.  THIS POST has some great information on how to do that.

Distribution and Use of the File

I’ve have to use alternate file saving choices with my This & That kits due to my current method of distribution so I can still email the files once you’ve purchased the kit. It comes as a link to a ZIP file, so use something like WinZip or StuffIt to extract/open the zipped file once you’ve saved it to your hard drive.  If you are on a Mac, you can double-click the ZIP file and it will open automatically.

There are two specific directories containing all the files needed to create the TRAY project as shown using printouts for some pieces and your digital craft cutter for the other pieces. One directory is called “TRAY Print Files” and the other is called “TRAY Cut Files.”

I need to keep the file size down by NOT including the printable items as Print & Cuts for Silhouette. But most of the printables are straight cuts, so they should be easy to work with.

Here’s what you get:

• Two printable composite files in PNG format only. These composite filenames start with “tt” to indicate the “This & That” project.
  • Two composite files of the cuttable shapes. These composite filenames also start with “tt”.
  • Individual cuttable files named according to the descriptive style of shape for easier sorting. These files are made for all uses and are not sized and trimmed for the 7gypsies tray.
  • The same cuttable shapes as PNG files for all you digital crafters.
Due to file size issues, there are no individual files for the printable images (in the composite files), with the exception of a few of the more ‘important’ images. I thought it might be nice to have them larger than the print file in case you wanted to use them on a larger scale. Use the Crop tool in your photo editing software with the composite printable files if you want to use them individually.

The two printable composite files look like this.

These files you print on your printer and trim using a paper trimmer or scissors as needed. Most of these are the background pieces for the slots of the 7gypsies tray.

I’m confessing something here. Don’t you just sometimes go, “Why didn’t I do it this way in the first place?” Rather than specifying the usual sizes of these two images–like I’ve done with a year’s worth of kits– because they varied in size, I actually saved them AS an 8×10 so there should be no question and no problem when taking it to a developer.

Wa-ha??

Just want to do a big ol’ DUH right now. Sometimes, the ol’ brain just gets in the same routine and then finally it has an ‘aha’ moment. Wished it would have been sooner. ;)

The two cuttable composite files like this, but not in color.

These are the files you’ll use with your cutter (Silhouette, Cricut, Wishblade, Pazzles, etc.) to cut your cardstock pieces and layer with the pieces above in your 7gypsies tray.

All these pieces–which are sized and trimmed for the tray–are separated into the appropriate cardstock colors. This is how you will see the two files when you pull them up into your cutting software (no color though). All you need to do is Ungroup/Break the image and/or move the unneeded shapes out of the cutting area and cut.

Some of the other software programs, like MTC or SCAL, may adjust the size of the image when importing. If this occurs, resize it proportionally.

The tt_christmaspast_cut1 file is 7.32″ wide and the tt_christmaspast_cut2 file is 7.36″ wide.

Here’s a few more project tips:

• Use a photo paper or presentation paper to print your printables at home. I like using Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper (Matte or Lustre) or Epson Premium Presentation Paper (Matte). Or, take it to your local photo devleoper.
  • The printable background pieces can only fit into the square for which it was designed.
  • Double cut your images by copying and pasting the image on top of itself in your cutting software. That way you can be assured of a clean cut, especially on the small images. Another nifty trick is to use vinyl. It cuts nicely, plus you don’t need adhesive.
  • If this is your first time working with a This & That kit, HERE is some information on the magnets I use so that I can easily swap out the pieces all year long.

Where to find the tray.

While there are many places you can purchase the tray, you can find it on the 7gypsies website HERE or on Two Peas In a Bucket HERE. I purchased mine from Archivers. Note: I’ve discovered that all printer tray’s are not created equally, so you may have to trim a fraction off here or there. I usually set the back piece in its square first just to see if I’ll need to trim anything off.

I think that’s it for the This+That for today!

This Week’s Extravaganza!

Okay, so let’s get right to it and show you what else our darling Miss Laura made!

[ Shapes | oddsANDends. From Lori | Ribbon Cards (SVGs on Lori’s site. Also in Silhouette store.) ]

I think this is such an adorable idea! Laura, did you say you were sending those buttons to me? ;)

Okay, here’s what Laura really has to say:

I have a few best friends that are scrapbookers, and I like to give them a small gift at Christmas. When I saw Lori’s 4 Ribbon Cards, I had the fun idea to make some “embellishments cards”, that I could hang on a metal ring. I cut the ribbon cards from white cardstock, and embossed them with my Cuttlebug. I adhered two card, back to back, to make them a bit more sturdy. I dug out some pretty embellishments, in coordinating colors, and added them to the cards. Brads, buttons, ribbons, and bakers twine worked really well. I cut the “Bits & Pieces” from Kerri’s Odds And Ends kit, and adhered it to the front of one of the ribbon cards. I think this makes a cute little gift, that my friends can then put to use on their projects.

And now for that ever-so fun free thing that keeps happenin’ this week!

You can download it for free–today only–HERE.

This is no longer available as a freebie, but you’ll be able to get it in a kit at the end of the week! :)

Don’t forget to enter the contest in Monday’s post (below).
And check out all the goodness on Lori’s blog….some really cute stuff from Carolyn!

Here’s all the details:

2017-02-07T18:28:22+00:00 December 7th, 2011|laura vegas, projects, this and that|44 Comments

1. tabitha grace December 7, 2011 at 9:32 am

Thank you so much for sharing the inspirations & the freebie.
    Love your creative style & talent!
    tabithagrace

2. Tegan December 7, 2011 at 9:41 am

So glad I pre-ordered the This & That kit! I love love love it!!! So cool! Thanks so much for all the inspiration!

3. Janet Meyerhoffer December 7, 2011 at 9:42 am

Seriously girl…you are A. maz. ing! Your creative talent is off the charts! I love, love love your “stuff”. So stinkin cute. Thanks for the freebies and ideas…so fun.

4. Miriam Prantner December 7, 2011 at 9:44 am

CUTE little tag album! Thanks for another great idea!

5. Wendy Crowe December 7, 2011 at 9:47 am

I love your tray! I am still trying to build up the courage to try one myself. You did an amazing job!

6. Chrissie T. December 7, 2011 at 9:56 am

I adore Laura’s idea. I know a certain BFF of mine that is going to be getting something like that for Christmas!!!

And your This & That kit is incredible. Seriously, amazing job.

7. Chelsey S December 7, 2011 at 9:57 am

LOOOVE the tray! Super cute…I think I might be off to Archiver’s today.. :). Thanks for the adorable free shape. I am totally smitten with it.

8. rkokes December 7, 2011 at 9:59 am

thank you for the freebie-amazing kit!!!!

9. LinhC December 7, 2011 at 10:13 am

Love the new collection, and thank you for the lovely freebie!

10. ConnieC December 7, 2011 at 10:15 am

Love the new kit. And Laura’s project is pretty cute

11. Rhadonda December 7, 2011 at 10:23 am

Great tray!! Thanks for the free tree too. This has been so much fun and inspiring.

12. Nancy December 7, 2011 at 10:38 am

Thanks for the tree…I LOVE it!

13. Karen W December 7, 2011 at 11:14 am

Kerri, what can I say, so many goodies today! The freebie is wonderful, love the idea of the ribbon cards as small gifties for crafty friends and the Christmas This and That is amazing!

Karen

14. Terri Marchbanks December 7, 2011 at 11:17 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Miss. Kerri You have done went over the top my friend T&T IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME… The Tree is Awesome Too …
    Laura GENIOUS IDEA’S comming from you as well,Love Love Love
    Thank You sooooooo much Yall Amazing Meeeeeee …xoxoxo

15. Ruth G December 7, 2011 at 11:20 am

What a sweet, simple idea for a crafty friend! I like how the cards are reusable after you use the brads or buttons that are one them! Too cool and very thoughtful! Thanks so much for sharing!
    rgauss at sbcglobal dot net.

16. Becky Aarvig December 7, 2011 at 11:25 am

I love love love the new This & That tray!!! Thank you so much for the freebies this week-they are so cute!!

17. AmyH December 7, 2011 at 11:45 am

Thanks for all of the fun ideas, and the free shapes! I’m new to the Silhouette, and have found your site an invaluable resource. It doesn’t hurt that you do amazing work, and that I have to almost physically restrain myself from purchasing every one of your cut files!

18. Sue Alg December 7, 2011 at 12:01 pm

You sent me This and That that I preordered and I must say I’m not disappointed. LOVE IT! I’ve worked on a number of your This and That and I always receive such nice compliments about my trays. I give them as gifts as well. They are really not difficult to make–your instructions are very clear.

If I’m making more then one I usually set aside one afternoon to just print and cut my files. Then I tackle the assembly on another day. Using magnets make take some extra time, but if you are going to reuse your try, it is definitely the way to go.

The freebie and the project shared today just shows you there are such amazing talents out there.

Thanks so much for making me look creative with your files and ideas.

19. […]   Kerri Bradford – FREE xmas tree file for electronic diecutters – very cute!  https://www.kerribradford.com/2011/12/07/thisthat-christmas-past-2/ […]

20. Carolyn King December 7, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Wow! That is a great collection and I love that tray! You are so talented, Kerri!

21. Sue D December 7, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Great idea for my crafty friends–thanks! Also thanks for the tree.

22. Kristine December 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Kerri, I love, love, love the new This+That kit! But, I was hoping to hang this side-by-side with the advent calendar that you created earlier, which I purchased. Is it possible for you to create print files with the brown as black so that it matches the advent calendar?

23. Dolly/scrapthat December 7, 2011 at 3:40 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE your This and that!!
    I would love to know if you are going to do this next year also???
    I would LOVE to join in from the start of a year and do this!!
    Maybe I can ask Santa for a tray!!
    Now….let me say your files are a FABULOUS gift! I love the tree! Gonna be in my December daily for sure!
    The Holly Jolly went RIGHT into my December daily! I am loving these!! :D I bought one of your other Christmas sets too…so worth EVERY penny! :D

24. Lynne December 7, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I love your new tray! And what a cute Christmas tree as your freebie today! Thanks!

25. ckcpurple December 7, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Cool idea and awesome freebie!!!

26. vera rhuhay December 7, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Awwww…Kerri…you make me merry!!!!!
    This is awesome, love…love new this&that kit!
    get into my wish list now :)))
    thanks so much for the freebie!

27. Trisha December 7, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Wow, just amazing projects. Love the printer tray. I am bookmarking your site so that I can come back when I have more time and check it out better and place an order. Great Job!! I love Laura’s idea for a really fun way to give a little gift to a fellow paper crafter. So sweet. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

28. Cheryl L ;) December 7, 2011 at 7:43 pm

These are soooo neat!!!

29. Kathleen December 7, 2011 at 7:47 pm

When I try to download the free file I get an error. Can someone email it to me?

30. Jen G December 7, 2011 at 7:58 pm

That tree is so darn cute! But I can’t get it…keep getting an error too :o( Is it too late??

• Kerri December 7, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Hey guys…give it another try and see if it works. Seems to happen every evening. Don’t know if it’s too many people getting it or what. But I uploaded it again. Hopefully it will work now. :)

31. Teryl December 7, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Love all the inspiration.
    Thank you so much for sharing and for the darling Christmas Tree file.

32. Tammy Luiz December 7, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I really like the brown and red together. Cute project. Thanks for the tree svg.

33. Susan December 7, 2011 at 11:42 pm

My eyes are popping from all this paper goodness. LOVE the kit. The idea of the buttons (or other fav embellie) is wonderful and thanks for the adorable freebie svg file of the swirly tree! Wow!

34. Danita December 8, 2011 at 6:28 am

Thanks for the download! Merry Christmas

35. Carol Hinrichsen December 8, 2011 at 7:14 am

Thanks for the free shape… I loved!!!

36. Jamie - Ooh La La Paperie December 8, 2011 at 7:39 am

super cute project kit, super cute ribbon cards, super cute freebie — super cute everything!! = )

Jamie

37. Laura Lien December 8, 2011 at 11:58 am

Love it all! And thanks for the tree!!

38. Gaby December 8, 2011 at 8:03 pm

LOVE the colors of your kit!!

39. Beth R December 9, 2011 at 7:00 am

This kit looks amazing, as usual. I am personally not a fan of vintage,but the images in this kit can be used in so many other ways that I will be adding this to my collection. I LOVE the color combo you used and this will be perfect for my bff in her new home.
    Thanks for doing what you do.
    The only reason I learned to use my sil was so that I could cut your designs!

40. Sandy December 9, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Too darn cute!

41. […]   Kerri Bradford – FREE xmas tree file for electronic diecutters – very cute!  https://www.kerribradford.com/2011/12/07/thisthat-christmas-past-2/ […]

42. Sarah Allcock February 11, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Help, I purchased this kit, a while ago, but can’t find it anywhere under “My products” If I bought it from your older website, how can I access it?

• Kerri February 12, 2016 at 6:34 am

Hey Sarah!
      So I went through and added any This+That kits I could find to the newer store account. Normally you would have downloaded the information and saved it to your computer–or perhaps saved the emails with the download links. Let me know if you might be missing something, but I think I got all This+That’s that were ordered between 2010 and June 2013.