making me happy

So my dear friend Kristy Banks made me the cutest Halloween banner–technically for my mantle downstairs–but I put it on my piano where everyone could see it because it was just so darn cute.

Christmas time came.

And look what she made!

Loooove it!

I’ve simplified my decorating the past couple years. Decided I liked it that way. It’s what I was in the mood for.

So now when I look at this spot–which also often houses my Christmas village–I just smile.

I love my jingle bell banner. It’s just a such a fun and unique element to the Christmas decor.
I also love my jingle bell tree that I got at Target a few years ago.

Thank you KB! :)

So what Christmas decoration do you have
in your home that makes you smile?

2017-10-13T06:59:05+00:00 December 16th, 2011|everyday|8 Comments

1. CarolineD December 16, 2011 at 10:11 am

Oh my word. That’s adorable! Love the whole set up, but that jingle banner is fantastic!

2. {dawn} December 16, 2011 at 11:19 am

My This & That Christmas Past tray makes me smile! Also, my brother-in-law gave me a light-up angel several years ago. Something about the way the light radiates through her wings as she moves them back and forth is so magical. It truly captures my attention and makes me smile!

3. Rhadonda December 16, 2011 at 12:45 pm

The banner is Awesome!! What a great friend. Everything makes me smile because i love christmas. worse than a kid. Don’t do much with santa but love the lights, the colors, snowmen–so it is hard for me to pick. Does that count? I do have a new cool decoration this year, a big screen door that is painted with a snowman across the screen. It makes a pretty big statement on the wall. And i have some antique windows that i hang with stuff on them.

4. ana roat December 17, 2011 at 8:40 am

I have a tole painted reindeer my husband gave to me about 20 years ago. The artist did such a good job with the details that everytime I look at it I am amazed. I also have an old world pink pinecone ornament that I cherish. It is the last of the treasures from my childhood. The banner is awesome. What a nice touch it adds to an already beautiful mantle!

5. Cindy Schow December 17, 2011 at 10:20 am

That banner is absolutely darling! I love the way you’ve put everything together too, so cute Kerri!

6. Sue FitzGerald December 18, 2011 at 6:05 pm

It all looks gorgeous together Kerri, you really have such style. My favourite Christmas decoration is a handpainted folksie style wooden nativity set I bought a few years back a a post Christmas sale. Even on sale it wasn’t cheap but you know when you see something and fall totaly in love. It is the type of thing that will one day be a family heirloom (the youngest who is sooooo much into Christmas decorating thinks it should be passed younest child to youngest child,lol, thinking he might be right).
    Mery Christmas to you and your family
    xx

7. Karen W December 20, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Beautiful banner! Your mantel looks terrific.

Karen

8. lois paulo December 27, 2011 at 1:52 pm

oh it would have to be my nutcracker collection. i love your jingle bell tree too. is the banner made of paper? or fabric? love it! also where did you get the beautiful frame for the subway art?
    lois