making my list . . . checking it twice

presents . . .  check.

cards sent . . . check.

snow . . . wishing.

store list . . . making.

food bought for the weekend . . . not yet, but very soon.

I know I haven’t been around much this week, but if you saw my status on Facebook a few days ago, you’ll know that I’ve just finally been enjoying the holidays for a change and the fact that I’m not bombarded with work. It’s been years since that’s happened and it’s feeling rather nice. :)

But you just know I have to share a page to get you all into the Christmas spirit. Check out this visual delight from that darling Miss Nichol!!

Pure Christmas eye candy, that’s what it is!

[ Shapes | Holly Jolly Christmas (tag) / This+That Christmas Past (sleigh+peppermint candy) / Yuletide Greetings (‘hello santa’) / This+That Family (tag+spool) / This+That Christmas (presents, holly) / This+That Autumn (pear) / Storyboard #1 ]

I just love how she used so many shapes from various kits–some Christmas, some not–to make this magical page! All those little details she adds. Wow. Love the stamped sentiment on the tag from the Holly Jolly kit! Don’t know why that particular one tickles my fancy, but it does.

Here’s what Nichol has to say:

I cut many of the pieces for the decorative border from glitter and flocked specialty papers using the Silhouette Cameo. I had tried cutting these specialty papers on the SD and was never successful but the Cameo seems to be able to handle certain manufacturer’s specialty paper designs. I used glitter and flocked papers from Doodlebug and glitter paper from Making Memories. I did try a glitter paper from Creative Cafe and it was just way too thick so I think it depends of the manufacturer.

I love creating collages like this for my pages. They offset the photo collages so nicely. To keep the eye moving from the top of the page to the bottom, I like to incorporate embellishments, journaling, etc. on top of the photo collage.
sigh.
just love.

I’d like to leave that little twinkly gem of a Christmas page with you and hopefully it will make you have sugar plums dance in your head over this holiday weekend.

And with this holiday just being around the corner, I can’t help but think I have been so blessed with all my amazing friends (and family :) ) out there in this world. I count myself lucky to have you in my life and to be a part of what I do. Those of you that have followed me for a while know I like to express randomly what ‘makes me happy’–big or small. Well, you are of those things that really ‘make me happy.’ :)

Have a Merry Christmas! I hope Santa is good to you and your family!
xo
k
2017-09-21T17:14:34+00:00December 23rd, 2011|nichol magouirk, pages|10 Comments

1. Stephanne December 23, 2011 at 9:08 am

Good news re: the flocked and glitter papers! I have some of those same Doodlebug papers! Did you end up cutting them right-side up or upside down?

Beautiful page (as always)! Merry Christmas!

2. Stephanne December 23, 2011 at 9:11 am

Know what happens when you get a little too tired on Christmas Eve, Eve? You type the right comment on the wrong blog. (Hence the above question to Nichol regarding how she cut the specialty papers.)

The correct comment (for you) being… I LOVE seeing your designs at work and am loving this whole design team bit you’ve got goin’ on! Glad you have been taking some time for yourself during the holidays this year–Merry Christmas to you & yours!

• Kerri December 23, 2011 at 9:19 am

That’s so funny Stephanne!
      What does it mean then that it didn’t even occur to me that you weren’t talking to me? lol

3. {dawn} December 23, 2011 at 9:29 am

Such a beautiful page! Love all of the elements!

And, Merry Christmas to you and your family, Kerri! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

4. Janet Meyerhoffer December 23, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Merry Christmas Kerri. It’s been a great year of reading your blog. It’s brought me lots of enjoyment. Thanks Kerri for always thinking of and creating for your blog friends.

5. Rhadonda December 23, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Well you know the happy goes both ways because we are truly happy followers. I have been so inspired this year. Thank you so much for a great year. Enjoy the holiday time with your family and Merry CHRISTmas and cyber hugs to you my friend.

6. Jane December 23, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Very Merry Christmas Kerri!

7. Karen W December 23, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Merry Christmas, Kerri! I think I have been good, but they say that memory is the first to go! Guess I will have to wait and see if Santa eats the cookies and leaves more than a lump of coal!

Great page from Nichol, thanks for sharing it with us.

Karen

8. Terri Marchbanks December 24, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Oh Miss. Kerri We are truly happy and Blessed that you share that FABULOUS TALENT OF YOURS with us all… This LO is STUNNING as well Your God given talent + Nichol’s God given talent= Magical…Merry Christmas and God Bless to You and Your Family…Hugs

9. ana roat December 25, 2011 at 8:42 am

May our Heavenly Father bless you richly on this very special day. Thank you for your inspiration, commitment and lovely works of art!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

ana