a great sports page idea

Our little Miss Laura Vegas is soooo making me want summer . . . or wait, spring . . .  with this softball page! (Don’t like too much heat.  :) ) Having done many-a sports here and the fact that we’re winding down with kids in the home, I kind of miss going to the ballpark . . . or football field in the fall. Going to the ballpark was part of my ‘going out with Dan’ before (and after) we were married. So it all started there. Many years ago.

[ Shapes | Background Basics (green circles) + The Ol’ Ballgame (title and star accents) ]

Love her use of the circle background . . . using it as a border and all!

Fabulous Laura!

Here’s what Laura has to say:

I have been wanting to scrap these photos of my daughter Alyssa, from her first year playing softball, for a while now. It was also her last year playing softball too, since she quickly learned that her true passion lied in soccer. I choose to use “The Player” title from The Ol’ Ballgame kit, because I knew my journaling would center more about Alyssa as the player and how she felt about the game, and not so much around the actual softball game. I also used one of the backgrounds from Kerri’s new Background Basics kit. I LOVE cutting backgrounds on my Silhouette. Since I am still working with the Silhouette SD, and havn’t managed to snag a Cameo yet, I usually just cut a portion of the shape, so that it covers a 3-4 inch wide section of my layout.

And on a completely unrelated note, on Sunday me and my girls went to listen to Kade Bearnson report back from his mission to Raleigh NC in Lisa’s ward. They sure do grow up in two years! He did an amazing job speaking too. Being there was almost like a little mini CK reunion as well. It was fun seeing people I hadn’t seen in some time. But the biggest surprise of them all? That would be Becky Higgins! She and her hubby were up our way for something and thought it would be cool to come hear Kade speak. Shocked the heck out of us! Not a person I was expecting to see there. She took a photo of me, her + Kristy Banks that I need to get a copy of too. ;)

Oh. And in case you didn’t see this on Facebook yesterday?
This happened.

2017-09-20T19:33:34+00:00January 31st, 2012|laura vegas, pages|15 Comments

1. Karen S. January 31, 2012 at 7:00 am

I love this Kerri. Please continue to share ideas using your products. P.S. Love love love Laura Vegas!

2. Jane January 31, 2012 at 7:21 am

I saw the picture yesterday on facebook with her little wave out the car window! How cute was that.

3. {dawn} January 31, 2012 at 7:30 am

Love how Laura used your designs on her sports page! Your titles are just amazing – they so make the page!

And, Jordan is so photogenic! Even her license photo looks great!!

4. Dolly/scrapthat January 31, 2012 at 7:38 am

VERY cool! Love everything about the LO from the BG circles to the embellished stars and of course the fabulous title!!
    TFS! :D

5. ana roat January 31, 2012 at 7:41 am

Wow, a post just full of “awesome-ness”!! Congratulations to your daughter–way to go on the driving! Congratulations to the Bearnson family on such an accomplishment for Kade. All that crafty talent gathered together in the spirit of friendship–what a Sunday! …and I know the lovely miss Laura and she is truly a sweet gal with tons of talent too…

ok, now for a question if I may…I’m ready to purchase my first KB collection (I know, I know…what’s taken me so long????). I’m all set up with paypal but I’m not sure what happens next? I’m not too computer saavy and could possibly take down the whole nation with a single push of a button…ha,ha,ha… well maybe not that bad. Does the collection come by e-mail and I save it to my silhouette? I know you wait until payment has cleared but I’m a bit lost from there. I’m working on project life and your collections rock it big time!

• Kerri January 31, 2012 at 9:55 am

Hey Ana!
      What you’ll do is go through the purchase process from the store–selecting your items and then checking out. Then it will take you to PayPal so you can ‘make the payment.’ After which you come back my site and you are sent an email with the links to download your stuff. If you use a credit card or have funds in your PayPal account, the email should come almost immediately. If you use an eCheck, then PayPal tells me to wait to send the files until the eCheck has cleared…which usually is around 3 days.

Hope that helps! And welcome to the wonderful world of downloads! :)
      And if the nation goes down, we’ll know who to point the finger at. lol
      Kerri

6. lisa January 31, 2012 at 8:03 am

My girls play softball and I am so sick of the same old pages. This is PERFECT!

7. Judy January 31, 2012 at 11:07 am

Kerri:
    Can I ask a “tech” question? What font did you use for the word “Player”. Love it.

8. Ruth G January 31, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Loved Laura’s LO, of course – she never disappoints and the circle lace is definitely something to keep in mind for all those round ball sports! I’ve got some volleyball pics that I’ll get to sooner or later that I could use those lovely circles for…Congrats to you new driver! It’s that time of year! Friends on facebook announcing that we should be aware of the new driver(s) on the road!

9. ana roat January 31, 2012 at 8:47 pm

We had a power outage just after I sent my comment this morning…my boss called to ask if I was on the computer! ha,ha,ha…!!!

Thanks for the help!

• Kerri February 1, 2012 at 7:05 am

Oh my gosh Ana! You don’t know your own strength!
      That is too funny!

10. Sue FitzGerald February 1, 2012 at 3:01 am

Always exciting being able to hit the road on your own, congrats to the new driver. Love the layout, gorgeous, just wish you were an Aussie, we have a footy (Australian rules) family :-)

• Kerri February 1, 2012 at 7:06 am

Yeah Sue….well, maybe one day we’ll visit the Aussies and see a footy family in action. ;)

11. Terri Marchbanks February 1, 2012 at 8:22 am

Lovin Laura’s LO great job … Huge Congrats to Babygirl tooooooo cute love the pics…xo

12. TeriBeri February 1, 2012 at 11:00 am

AWESOME layout Laura!! I just used the same title in my Project Life last night and also one of the quotes from this kit. Love how you added the stars. I may have to go back and add a star to one of my photo slots ;) YAY…congrats to the new driver. She is beautiful Kerri!! Hugs, T