something LOVEly for you to scraplift

still just lovin’ the love.

had a lovely weekend with hubby celebrating our 24th anniversary.
went out to dinner. twice even (not in the same night–shees).
after too many years of smallness, i finally took my wedding ring into be resized.
yeah, i thought it would be like $40 . . . it was $190!
not loving that.
but loving that i will finally be able to wear my ring again.

and i’m lovin’ the love that nichol is lovin’.

take a look at this must-scraplift page!

[ Shapes | XOXO (doily, feb 14, hanging hearts, heart tag + clothespin / Life Additions: Backgrounds (petal background) / Christmas Countdown (tag) / This+That: Summertime (butterfly) / This+That: Family (instant frame, short tag) / Nichol also says she used: ‘Long skinny tag from the Silhouette store that Kerri designed’ ;) ]

Here’s what else Nichol has to say:

The color combination of cream/red/aqua/pink is one of my very favorites for any kind of scrapbook layout and especially for Valentine’s themed pages. I wanted to keep the emphasis of my design on the photos and embellishments to I purposely chose a cream patterned paper background and die cut the tags from white cardstock and then added layers and layers of die cut embellishments and buttons, etc., that were colorful and really “popped” off the page.  I viewed each tag as it’s own “mini scrapbook page” and worked on each individually before adhering them to the page for the collective tag background look. To make the tags a bit more interesting, I ran them through my Big Shot using Papertrey Ink Impression Plates to add lovely texture. Adding a die cut shadow to many of the die cut designs with dark brown cardstock helps give them dimension and draws your eye to the the colorful die cut pieces.

sooooo love.

2017-09-20T19:13:13+00:00 February 13th, 2012|nichol magouirk, pages|12 Comments

1. Dolly/scrapthat February 13, 2012 at 7:10 am

Nichol just rocks…need I say more?
    LOVE Nichol’s work and LOVE your designs Kerri!!
    TFS nice eye candy to wake up and inspire this morning! :D

2. Terri Marchbanks February 13, 2012 at 8:30 am

Does it get any better than this ?????????????????????????? I mean really Nothing Tops This Combo
    Kerri Bradford + Nichol Magouirk = ABSOLUTE TOTAL PERFECTION…
    Happy Anniversary Kerri !!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

3. Rhadonda February 13, 2012 at 9:13 am

Happy Anniversary late! Seriously, how can there be that much talent in people, you and Nichol? Awesome. My wedding ring is sitting in the jewelry box for that same reason. $190, really? wow. Thanks for the Monday morning treat.

4. Trisha February 13, 2012 at 9:29 am

This is a really spectacular layout. Love, love, love it!! Thanks for sharing.

5. Trisha February 13, 2012 at 9:33 am

Forgot to tell you Happy Anniversary. My 25th anniversary is tomorrow, so, also much to celebrate. One other thing, just love that you did a layout using so many diecuts. I truly gave me inspiration for using my new Cameo. Thanks so much.

6. Laura M February 13, 2012 at 10:52 am

Life’s too short to let a little $$ get in the way of your happiness. Enjoy having your wedding ring back on your finger! You deserve it. :)

Love seeing what Nichol does with your kits! What fun.

7. Mollie February 13, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Beautiful layout from Nichol. Love everything she creates!
    Happy Anniversary! I had no idea it cost that much to resize a ring. Mine no longer fits (went up a size with each child…four kids…not good) but it doesn’t look like I will be having mine resized anytime soon. Sheesh!

• Kerri February 13, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I think the majority of the cost was the soldering! Having to break the ring apart and resolder it was like $80. And then, since there are two rings that interlock, they charge sizing ‘per ring’. It never occurred to me that they’d treat it like that. However, if I had purchased a non-existent lifetime warranty 24 years ago, the resizing would have been covered. Now they have a lifetime warranty that will cover any resizing (prongs, loss of stone, etc.). I just have to pay for the soldering again…because soldering is a choice. Oh brother. lol But it was the same price for me to just do the warranty as it was for me to do the other, so I just bought a warranty. Sad thing is, I only had to go up one size–and probably could have just done a half size if I really wanted. I mean, as it was I could fit the ring on if my hands were cold and weren’t swollen. lol But to allow for heat and swelling or if I wanted to stack it with my mother’s wedding band, I thought it best to go from the 5 1/2 to a 6 1/2.

Oh well. Like I say…I’m happy that I’ll be able to wear it again. :) And if anyone else is thinking of resizing, you may want to see if you bought a warranty that would cover it.

8. Jane February 13, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Already scraplifting as we speak!

Happy Anniversary Kerri!

9. Shawn Wenrich February 14, 2012 at 4:34 am

wow, this girl is just amazing, love everything she creates!

10. Ruth G February 18, 2012 at 8:19 am

All kinds of pretty! Nichol is amazing! I love the way she did the petal background on the tag with the shadow and the pearls…Wonderful!!!
    Kerri, I don’t even bother taking my wedding band off. I guess I’m lucky I got a simple band so that’s not a problem. Otherwise, I’d have to re-size mine, too! Thanks for the heads-up about the costs!

11. […] click HERE for original post […]