little things that make me happy

It’s funny how such little things can make a person happy.

Like….

…a new lightbulb in the bottom half of your fridge. You mean there was food down there???

morning light coming in from the east-facing window and casting shadows from the blinds on the west facing kitchen cabinets. A great sign that spring is coming because the sun is moving!

…listening to MoTown in the kitchen with your kids while making dinner (me) and snickerdoodles (Jordan). Okay, so I admit it…we were singing (loudly) and dancing too. How could you not to something like Ain’t No Mountain High Enough with Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell? One of the best songs ever.

…spending time with your bestie watching a movie, sharing a large kettle corn, and chatting.

…getting new batteries in your watches. It’s like you’ve got a whole new watch wardrobe.

…getting a new faucet in your bathroom because the screw stripped out of the old handle the week before and you have to use pliers to turn it on until you get a new one . . . and get it installed.

Taco Wednesday where you get great authentic tacos for only a dollar from the Mexican place.

…having an ‘aha’ moment and discovering a work around to do something to your website that you wanted in the first place.

finally buying a new vacuum because your other one sucked…and not in the good way.

…and most of all?

Helllooooo ring!

So nice to see you with me again! It’s been a long time baby!
The top one is my ring and the band was my mom’s. I like ’em together. :)
(hands were a little swollen first thing here in the a.m.)

Now if only we could get our dog and cat to get along. That would be a happy day…and a miracle. Of course, it might be a sign of the end of the world for 2012, so if it does happen? Beware. ;)

2017-02-07T18:28:12+00:00 February 18th, 2012|Uncategorized|6 Comments

1. Laura M February 18, 2012 at 9:36 am

Great reminder for us all to enjoy the little things. :)

2. Ruth G February 18, 2012 at 2:54 pm

So much to be thankful for!

3. Rhadonda February 18, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I think it is the little things that make life amazing. Your ring is gorgeous. I bet one day the cat and dog will be lying down together. Miracles do happen you know!

4. Janet Meyerhoffer February 19, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I had to have my wedding ring cut off when I was pregnant with my third baby. I went ten years before I had it reset in a new setting. Sure missed wearing my wedding ring! I love that you wear your mom’s ring too…..so tender.

5. Beth February 20, 2012 at 7:18 am

Kerri, your ring is almost exactly like mine!! Mine has a single diamond on each side instead of several, but the main stone and ring are nearly identical!!

Oh, and I can relate to the joy of singing with your kids…one of my favorite recent memories is my DD and I decorating the Christmas tree and singing along to ‘N Sync Christmas…cheesy but oh so fun!!

• Kerri February 20, 2012 at 7:46 am

Were you a bride of the [late] 80s like me? :) I only wish white-metal wedding rings would have been ‘in’ back then because that’s pretty much all I wore (and still wear) was white metal. 25th anniversaries are good for that—next year. Oh well. But we have great taste, eh Beth? :)