finally . . . an extra 24 hours!

Leap year.

It ain’t an often occurrence . . . obviously. ;)

Do I really feel like I’m getting an extra 24 hours?

Neh.

Just another day.

But not here on the ol’ blog!

We get a little extra somethin’ somethin’ from that darling Miss Laura today!

One more lovely page for the month of February.

And boy, do I loooove this!

[ Shapes | XOXO (heart) / More Background Basics (circle backgrounds) / Smitten (title) ]

Love how she used the Backgrounds in mini version and backed them with paper!

Oh my freakin’ heck!

FABulous. Just fabulous!

Here’s what Laura has to say:

This whole layout started, because I wanted to cut a bunch of the circle background pieces, in smaller sizes, and arrange them to cover my entire page. My intention was to have 12 of them, in three rows. Somewhere, during the making of this layout, I decided to go with just the two rows, and add a long strip of pattern paper across the center of the layout to hold my photos and my title. I cut pieces of different patterned papers, to the same size as the background pieces, and adhered them to the backside. I managed to use 9 different patterned papers on this layout, and I don’t think it looks cluttered at all. To embellish the background pieces, without overwhelming them, I cut out some hearts (from the hearts & clothespins shape) from different patterned papers and cardstock, and added a large threaded button in the center of each one.

And that, my dear friends, is how I like to end a lovely month with an extra day. :)

2017-09-20T18:59:50+00:00February 29th, 2012|laura vegas, pages|9 Comments

1. Dolly/scrapthat February 29, 2012 at 8:13 am

It’s lovely as always!! Love all the dimension the page has, and texture as well! TFS!

2. Laura M February 29, 2012 at 8:59 am

Such a cute layout!! What a great way to use up a lot of scraps too. Thanks for sharing and Happy Leap day.

3. robin alexander February 29, 2012 at 11:18 am

Laura, this is one of the cutest layouts I have ever seen!

4. Beth R February 29, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I have just added to more kits to my “gotta have today” list.
    Laura has been a fab of mine for a long long time, give her Kerri’s kits and she knocks it outran the ballpark!
    Love this , love everything about it!

5. Terri Marchbanks February 29, 2012 at 1:56 pm

OMGosh This Lo is Fabulous Lara I am going to lift this one Hope you don’t mind Looooooove it………….xo Great Job

6. Terri Marchbanks February 29, 2012 at 1:58 pm

OOOOOPS SORRY Laura I got so excited I forgot the u in your name lol lol lol xo

7. Ann March 1, 2012 at 9:32 am

Love this!! Can I ask what fonts you used to cut out with the Silhouette?

8. CarolineD March 1, 2012 at 3:13 pm

This is lovely!
    So…um…can I throw out a request? I need (ok, *want*) the phrase “the highlights”. I think it could be kinda Project Life-y. ;) You da best!

9. Ann March 1, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Oops, nevermind my silly question! I just realized that it says right here in the post that the saying is from the “Smitten” collection (which I believe I own – duh!)