friday freebie | love what you do

Steve Jobs and his incredible vision revolutionized our technological world.

Can you imagine not having an iPod?
I don’t know what I’d do without mine.
And don’t even get me started on my Mac.

I think he truly loved doing what he did.

And when I heard this quote from him some time ago, I knew I had to do something with it.
(it just took me a little while. ;) )

Which brings me to today’s freebie.

You can download it for freeĀ HERE.

I don’t think there is something more eloquently said.
And it doesn’t just have to apply to a person that ‘works’…I think it can apply to anyone.

It comes in three variations…plain black+white, one with a little distressing,
and then one that’s really grunged up.

Its size is 8×12 on this go around of subway art.
I wanted the look to be long and more poster like.

I’d planned on buying an 8×12 frame . . . until I ran into this little number yesterday
at my favorite place: Rod Works.

It’s actually a metal piece, intended for use as a magnet board.
I just covered the printed design with my own design.

It’s also 8.625″ x 14.5″, so I did stretch it a little.

Love it!

I plan on hanging it up in my office.

And if you haven’t noticed, I finally have a link with all the freebies on display. You always have been able to access them through the Categories/Freeibies link in ‘post’ form, but now they are all there visually so you can see what you may have missed.

Have a lovely weekend!

2017-05-30T06:38:23+00:00 March 2nd, 2012|freebies|39 Comments

1. Cassie W March 2, 2012 at 9:58 am

Thank you for the great freebie! I plan on putting it in my scrap room when we move later this year!

2. Judy March 2, 2012 at 10:08 am

These are just fan-tab-u-lous! I’m having trouble with the download link however. Maybe ‘cuz I jumped on ’em the minute I saw ’em on FB. I’ll try later.

3. Ruth G March 2, 2012 at 10:17 am

Very cool and very true! Thanks for sharing!

4. DebK March 2, 2012 at 10:19 am

Awesome, Kerri! Also having trouble downloading though.

5. Roxanne March 2, 2012 at 10:30 am

It says downloading, but nothing :( I adore this saying. Beyond LOVE it and in the process of trying to find what makes ME happy right now!

6. Carole Mac March 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

Kerri- they’re great…thx so much

7. Kerri March 2, 2012 at 10:40 am

You know, I never know what to expect with Google Docs anymore. Try clicking on File/Download in the upper left corner and see how that works for ya. It downloads the whole ZIP file.

8. Karen W March 2, 2012 at 11:17 am

Thank you so much for a fabulous download!

9. Dayami March 2, 2012 at 11:34 am

Kerri! Thank you so much for this awesome freebie. I’ll be downloading it later on. And I wouldnt know what to do without iPods and iPhones and iPads (1&2) and Mac desktops and MacBook Pro and Airs and….well, you get the idea, seriously I wouldnt know! ha!
    Hugs :)
    Dayami

10. Sylvia March 2, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Thanks so much, love the quote!!!

11. Karen March 2, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Thanks. I love the quote, and just finished reading his biography which I had a hard time putting down.

12. Stephanie Mino March 2, 2012 at 2:43 pm

WOW!!! This is awesome! We recently got a new principal and he is doing an amazing job. I think this is going to find a way to his desk by the end of the year! Thanks, Kerri!

• Kerri March 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm

What a great idea Stephanie!

13. Tina March 2, 2012 at 6:37 pm

LOVE this! Needed to read this advice today!!

14. joy leith March 2, 2012 at 7:03 pm

hi love the subway art! i wanted to download but its not letting me download :(

• Kerri March 2, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Joy, did you try using the File/Download option (upper left corner) rather than trying to download the individual files?

15. Janet Meyerhoffer March 2, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Steve Jobs was actually my son’s hero. He LOVES everything Apple. He just got to tour Apple in Cailfornia last month with the Masters program at BYU. (along with Google and EBay) He will love this saying in his home! Thanks….just got a new iphone and I am loving it.

• Kerri March 2, 2012 at 9:14 pm

That’s so awesome Janet! What a great opportunity to get to see some really cool places…historical and cutting edge places.

16. Gwen March 3, 2012 at 12:08 pm

This is awesome, thank you Kerri!

17. nitasha March 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm

These are gorgeous! Thank you so very much!

18. Phyllis B. March 3, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Thanks for this, Kerri. Imagine what more he could have accomplished if he had lived longer!

19. marji March 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm

thank you! love it :)

20. Beth R March 8, 2012 at 4:41 am

Thank you for continually sharing these fun little freebies, it’s like a tiny treat when least expected.
    BUT, for the life of me I simply cannot get ANYTHING to download from Google Docs. Its not just your stuff Kerri, it is anything.
    I keep trying, “save” “save as” and do as you say and download the entire thing. Nothing. So every few days I try again.
    Tis morning I get a new message:

This content cannot be displayed in a frame
    To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.
    What you can try:
    Open this content in a new window

I read a majority of the comments and no one else seems to have a problem? I remember you didnt always use google docs, way back in the day. I never had a problem. Now, I get nothing.It wont even do anything when I click on “Save” or “Save As”
    Have you heard of any others having this problem or is the problem on my end somehow ????

So I just get my fix by purchasing your kits, but those freebies are adorable and I’m feelin’ left out :(

21. Megan March 8, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Hey, I don’t want to sound like an idiot, but I JUST found your blog, and I REALLY want to give this to my husband for our anniversary, and I don’t know how to make it, and we can’t really afford to get each other nice gifts this year, so I wanted to find him something inexpensive that would still mean a ton to him. We can’t afford gifts because he’s an artist, doing what he loves for…pennies…I was wondering if I could get the link to this, even though I missed the deadline? If not I completely understand…I just htought I’d try… :) Have a great day, and happy blogging!

• Kerri March 8, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Hey Megan! My ‘freebie’ files are forever free, so you should be good to download!
      Let me know if you have any problems….and have a happy anniversary! :)

22. Donna English March 10, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Love this! Thanks for sharing.

23. Susan March 11, 2012 at 6:03 pm

This is the best! Your talent is remarkable.
    Thanks for sharing!

24. Carol March 14, 2012 at 9:29 am

I’ll try this from our PC, but on the Mac I don’t even get the download feature (the Safari menu has file but not download). Plus Google Docs is asking me to log-in as pandiepower@gmail.com–which is not me :)

I LOVE this print and want to hang it in my home office, but can’t get to the download at all. Anyone have success on their Mac? If so, how specifically?

Thanks for the awesome print and hopefully help on downloading!

25. MIchelle Single April 2, 2012 at 11:41 am

I wanted to give subway art to a co-worker who is leaving the organization. This is PERFECT!! THANKS!!!

26. Lynn L. April 3, 2012 at 6:36 am

Thank you for the print! Perfect to put in our home office! Love it!!

27. Alis in Wnderlnd June 28, 2012 at 11:48 am

THANKS for the download! I just finished the rfirst of three silhouette classes at JS.com. I knew how to use my sd a bit, but now that I have a cameo I want to REALLY know how to use it. Very helpful so far!

I am assuming we can enlarge the image since the full zip contains so many file types?

28. Tanya Watson July 13, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Tried downloading – the link just goes to Goodle Drive. Are there any other options?

• Kerri July 14, 2012 at 10:31 am

Hey Tanya! I’m not exactly sure. It goes to the list of files for me…whether I’m signed in to Google or not. Maybe try signing in or out or try a different browser? If neither works, email me at kerribradford@msn.com and I’ll send the freebie to ya. :)

29. Joan July 19, 2012 at 10:50 am

Hi Kerri, I stumbled upon your site whilst reading Nichol Magouirk’s latest blog post, then clicking on your “Yuletide Greetings” Art – Beautiful!

Thanks so much for the freebie download AND – for all of your inspiring artisticness – yes, I just made that word up! Ha. I do that a lot.

Seriously though, Thank You.
    Joan

• Kerri July 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Thanks Joan!
      …and i like to make up words too :)

30. Karen November 18, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Very cool thanks so much for this

31. Charlotte December 19, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Hi Kerri! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome designs. I love this print and the frame you used. They just go together. I searched the Rodworks website hoping the frame was still available. I found one, but the measurements are 12×18. You stated in your post that the measurement is 8.625 x 14.5. Is this the print size or frame size?

Thanks again!

32. Barbara April 30, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Thank you! I love this quote and it is so true. If everyone were able to do this, the world would be a nicer place.

33. suzann August 27, 2015 at 11:04 pm