accentuate the positive…and negative.

The Queen of Cards is here again!

Look at these fabulous cards she made!
Loooove the positive- and negative-space way she made these!

[ Shapes | Happy (title) / This+That: Summertime (butterfly)]

Shari printed these–including the aqua patterned background paper–and then ran them through her Silhouette to cut out the butterflies. I love how she used the phrase as a printable image for this rather than cutting it out. So versatile, wouldn’t ya say? :)

sigh.

love.

And I just realized that I forgot to include Shari’s tip from last week!
Goodness gracious. So much goin’ on and all….

Here it is:
“I will just say that I usally cut out all my elements with white cardstock first and test fit them onto my projects.  Only when I have the sizes I need do I load my printed paper up for cutting.  I love my printed paper and never want to waste it by cutting out something that won’t work.”

2017-09-20T18:00:15+00:00 May 8th, 2012|cards, shari carroll|7 Comments

1. Ruth G May 8, 2012 at 10:55 am

Nothing negative about these projects! A++++++++! TFS! And, I love that I’m not the only one who makes test cuts. It takes a bit of time, but is so worth it not to ruin the good paper!

2. Caroline D May 8, 2012 at 11:16 am

That’s awesome. What an innovative idea!

3. Sue Alg May 8, 2012 at 2:22 pm

This card is fabulous. I was just wondering how you printed “white”. My laser printer won’t print white

• Kerri May 8, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Hey Sue! It’s not actually something that ‘prints white’. It’s just when you layer something that’s white on top of something that’s colored, your printer sees that as ‘no color’…and ‘prints’ it as white. When all is said and done, it’s essentially not printing any color at all where it’s white. So on this card, Shari created that aqua background–probably in PS/PSE–and layered the phrase in white on top of it.

Does that make sense?

4. Sue Alg May 9, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Kerri, I actually had a “lightbulb” moment after I commented. I needed to print on a dark background- duh!! I actually created my entire document in Silhouette studio software. I bought in one of my many digital papers, added text, etc. I really like this card and created several.

5. Cassie May 10, 2012 at 6:04 pm

this is really cool, but I really need a video on how she did this.

6. Sandra K. May 12, 2012 at 2:54 pm

The queen of cards she is!!! Wow!! What a beautiful cards. Great use of negative space. Love it all.

Sandra :)