a dog’s life

For 20+ years we went through life without a pet.

Well, we had an occasional fish or hermit crab given to us, but can you really call that a pet?

The deal was, the kids had to keep their room clean for six months in order to prove they could handle having a dog. Heck, I probably would have settled for six weeks!

Alas, no one could achieve this goal.
And no matter what amount of begging and pleading and bargaining occurred,
the answer was always ‘no’.

Well, about three years ago, while on the family farm, my niece decided that we all needed to raise
a kitten and turn them into farm cats and we wound up with Sam.

Sam is a big fat chicken and barely goes outside, much less turn into a farm animal.
He would die for sure.

(This is Sam taking advantage that the dog now had to start going back outside since spring had arrived. We could finally find him in his usual places for sleeping…on the furniture, on the floor, on the bean bag. He felt like king of his castle again. In other words, they really don’t get along.)

Then two years ago, while on the family farm . . .again, a sweet and lovable stray dog that found his way there, did not move on like most animals do. He was limping and super skinny and because we did not want to risk him getting put to sleep if taken to the shelter, we brought him home.

My kids still say, ‘It’s still so weird that after all this time, we have animals.’

Yeah. I agree.

I love our dog, but I’m definitely more of a cat person.
The dog is suppose to go with whoever moves out . . . whenever that happens. ;)

So, a dog (and a cat) kit has been on my to-do list for quite some time.
Not to mention I’ve gotten it requested many-a times. :)

So now, I present to you, It’s A Dog’s Life.

[ Comes in SVG/STUDIO/AIv8/DXF/PNG ]

Price: $9

This baby is jam-packed with doggy goodness!
Something for all those memories of your dog, for sure!

There are 14 unique concepts there with a twist or two on a few of them.
‘Cause y’all know how I love variety.
So when all is said and done, there’s 19 doggie delights for just $9.

And believe me when I say, I could have gone on and on, but had to stop somewhere.

Okay. I’ve been a good girl. I think I need a ‘treat’ now. :)

2017-02-07T18:27:58+00:00 July 14th, 2012|digital shapes|9 Comments

1. Dolly/scrapthat July 14, 2012 at 6:22 pm

SUPER CUTE Kerri! Makes me wanna adopt a pup! :D
    TFS!

2. mandyb July 14, 2012 at 6:36 pm

ohhhhhhhh cute fur baby pics!!!
    so are you doing a cat kit sometime soon???
    wahooooooo

3. tanya July 14, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Oh Kerri!! :) Thank you!!! I’ve been very patiently waiting for you to put this one out! I can’t wait to use it! :) I also can’t wait to see what your designers do with it!

4. Kris July 15, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Thanks, Kerri!! I have been anxiously waiting for the dog kit…it’s great!!!!

5. Robin July 15, 2012 at 8:07 pm

This is awesome and a must have! My wishlist is growing and I think it is time for some shopping! :)

6. Laura M July 16, 2012 at 10:32 am

Your pets are ADORABLE!! This kit is great and I can’t wait to see (and buy) the feline version. :)

7. K in PA July 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Please don’t stop here, Kerri! Permission granted to go on and on for the dogs. More titles and shapes are needed for all of the pampered pooches out there. I know I, for one, would love to see and buy the kit: A Dog’s Life, Part Duex. Carry on for our faithful friends, please!

8. Sandi Kuhlman July 17, 2012 at 7:43 am

Oh my Gosh!
    You have really hit the nail on the head here. We have 2 Basset Hounds that turn 1 today, and an 11 yo cat. Can’t wait for the cat set as well!!!
    Off to purchase! and as always Thanks!

9. dog training Calgary July 26, 2012 at 5:04 am

This is really nice that you gave a home to that little dog because every one cannot do that kind of work. Happiness of having a dog can be feel only after having a dog because 8 years ago i also use to hat dogs, but just because of wish of my children i bought a puppy and now without him in our home no one can live without it even me too. so in our life every one should try it for once.