i’ve become a paper snob, i think.

So during the big school rush in August, I went to Walmart and purchased some composition notebooks. That’s when they have the cutest stuff available dontcha know.

I came home with these two books in my bag.

color.

I was bound and determined to have color, not black and white as per my usual notebook insanity choices. Remember this ensemble?

Their purpose? One was to be my new idea book and right-hand tool in my creative life and the other was to be my holding place for all the words and phrases I need to save–in a much more organized fashion than my current looooong list, multi-page method.

Craziness ensued in my life and the two notebooks sat.

Additionally, I couldn’t decide which one I wanted to use for which purpose.

I finally decided. The stripes would be my idea book at and the orange–which I want to add vinyl to–would be my phrase book.

The day comes. I need to jot down my first idea in my new striped and very colorfully pretty book.

I eagerly grab my pen.

I set the base of my hand on the clean sheet of paper to begin to writing that one idea.

Ick! What is that feeling??? The paper has a kind of rough texture. ‘Oh no, no! I can’t use this on a daily basis! It will drive my hand nuts!’

What does the other one feel like?,  I think to myself as I open the very orange notebook.

Smooth as a baby’s bottom. Ahhhhh….this must be my daily notebook.

Indeed. I am a paper snob.

And dare I even talk about the fact of my deep affinity for American Crafts cardstock that you all know about already? It’s true. I’m a paper snob.

And p.s., I do believe I’m going composition books all the way now. You should see the one I have dedicated to my classes. I love that crinkly sound! And I love that they are all the same size and there is no coil binding to get mashed or caught on. And I love that it doesn’t take up as much space, yet it’s still got lots of space to work with. Plus they are cheap and, it’s the same size as my iPad. :)

What am I going to do with all these notebooks I use when I’m done with them??? They are a history, of sorts.

And now, on a completely unrelated note. Many of you who have followed me for a while know of my love for Lost. Last spring when we signed up for Netflix I was beyond excited to see Lost on there to watch. I missed seeing that baby on a weekly basis. So I started watching it–with my youngest (16 at the time), who was now old enough to not be scared by it. ;)

But she decided she couldn’t wait for me to watch it and got ahead and I could never spend enough time to catch up with it.

Well, just a little bit ago, Lost became my nightly thing to watch on my little iPod while laying in bed. I can watch something and not disturb Dan that way. I’d watch 2…3….maybe even 4 or 5 episodes in a night. Who’s counting, really.

Including last night.

I was down to the final few episodes. I knew I had three left and decided to go ahead and watch that last one even though it was almost 11:30. As I started into it, and thought to myself, ‘Wasn’t this a two-hour episode?”

Indeed it was.

I had to watch it. No ‘buts’ about it.

And I don’t know about you, but I love that episode! The moments when they ‘discover’ each other??? I didn’t want my little series to end…again. It just makes me want to watch it all over again! This morning I was seriously contemplating watching the whole thing all over again!!!

How crazy is that???

such a good show.

2017-10-19T11:01:25+00:00 October 16th, 2012|Uncategorized|10 Comments

1. cassie d October 16, 2012 at 11:39 am

I’m with you on LOST, it was my favorite show!

2. Misty M October 16, 2012 at 11:47 am

Welcome to the “Sisterhood of the Paper Snobs” club :) I sooo know what you mean and feel your pain!!!

3. Caroline D October 16, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I am right there with you on the paper. I’m actually in school now, going through the process of getting certified to teach high school math, which includes retaking all of my math classes from eons ago. (I have a degree in math, but it’s not fresh, so I have no issues with redoing these classes – I would want only the best for my kids and wouldn’t want to less than prepared for my future students.) However, I’m going through reams of paper. I stopped into Office Max and picked up two packs of notebook paper and – just like you – got all icked out by the texture and the way the pencil wrote on it. (And don’t get me started on pencils and erasures – I just placed an Amazon order for $27 for one pencil and a couple of erasures) I managed to get through that day’s homework, but it was top priority to get paper from Staples the next day. I thought I was weird, but I guess we can be weird together that way.

p.s. I love the work around you found for the captcha – so much easier than trying to figure out those words.

4. Audrey V October 16, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I’m going to have to try Lost. We don’t have TV reception, so I only have Netflix. We are addicted to Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, but they are both so dark and violent, it makes me crazy that we watch them, but I still go back for more. Nuts!

5. Rhadonda October 16, 2012 at 1:02 pm

We LOVED Lost too. But i must admit i was disappointed in the ending. But that is just me. And sometimes it got sooo confusing. Still loved it though! I wish i would have bought more composition notebooks during the school sale because i’ve seen how you can make a fabric cover, would have been great Christmas gifts. I may bite the bullet and pay regular price anyway which is not that bad. My daughter is a teacher and would love these!

6. Lisa October 16, 2012 at 2:48 pm

will it get me booted off your blog if I admit not only have I never watched Lost, I have no desire to. It was like a sleeping pill for me when it was on – my hubby loves it and he’d put it on. 5 minutes later, i’d be out cold.

• Kerri October 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm

possibly lisa, possibly. ;)

and caroline…$27 on one pencil and erasers? you go girl! :)

7. Sue FitzGerald October 16, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Paper snob and even worse pen snob. Love it when you get ‘that’ pen that just flows. would make you think my hand writting was good would’t it, sadly it”s not but it’s all about the feel. We don’t get netflix here :-( Hopefully one day, but then maybe it’s better off as I already have really bad night owl tendancies, my choice of TV all night could spell disaster,lol. Do you know I loved lost but have never seen the last season. Must put that on my to do list.
    Have an awesome day/night
    x

8. Jackie W. October 16, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Oh Kerri, I’m just as in love with LOST as you are! I’ve watched it more than 3 times I guess and just love it! We have the DVD set. Best show evah!

btw, I’m LDS and live in TN (from OK though). I love your blog and even made your This & That Family for my dad, who I reconciled with July 2011. I loved doing that for him and he hung it right up. Thanks for all of your wonderful projects and tips.

Hugs,
    Jackie

9. ana roat October 17, 2012 at 7:43 am

Hi Kerri-
    I love paper and am a bit of a snob too. My fav right now is the DCWV Glitzy Glitter Matstock. Comes in a little pad –just 4.5 x 6.5. It works so well with your designs and cuts lovely on my silhouette. I also love comp books. I have a little collection of my own going. Even with all the technology around I still prefer pen and paper…I’m starting the LOST series now and hope to get thru it this time around. It came on too late (in the evening) when it first aired and I would wimp out early in the episode so to the back burner it went. Now that I’ve reduced my work schedule I can watch it again…my kids loved it and were true fans!

Ok…waaay tooo much coffee already this morning…!

Have a great day!