a closer look at ‘just add color’

I thought that today might be a good day to share the full pages from my Silhouette class, Just Add Color. Each of the items you see here for these pages are made or modified all within the class. I also show you how to get colors to match your photos or to create fun new color schemes from different resources.

Basically, when all is said and done, this class is all about getting the most out of your shapes, your colors, learning how to create new shapes, using great fonts, and all sorts of good stuff! With the exception of the background paper in the ‘beautiful’ page, everything is created–or already made and can be modified–within Silhouette Studio.

I love me a lacy flower background! This image is part of the class and comes in both letter and 12×12 sizes.
And all those elements? Yeah, we make all of that!

One of my favoritist (yeah, it’s a word) shapes ever? A poloroid. And they are soooo easy to make in Studio! And see that ‘Genuine’ tag? Yeah, you get that and you can customize the colors in Studio to create a print+cut that fits your needs.

With this part of the class, I show you how you can create your color scheme using a background paper too.

More fun with this part of the class!
If you only knew what you could do with that amazing thing called color!

The things you can do in Silhouette to simplify your process? It’s crazy.
This class shows you many-a tips.

You’ll be coming away with a whole new appreciation for designing your own stuff!

Oh, and don’t forget this cute little set of freebies. :)

If you want more details on the class, you can read this post HERE or see what’s up on JessicaSprague.com.

Stay tuned for a page I’m making with Jordan’s senior pics using some of the stuff from this class. It’s just ever-so versatile.

And if you’ve taken this class? I’d love to hear from ya! :)

2017-10-19T10:56:05+00:00October 29th, 2012|classes|15 Comments

1. Honey Bristow October 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm

OMG – Can someone please tell me where that element in the top LO is from? The one that says “A girl and her Daddy”. Love it :)

• Kerri October 29, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Hey Honey! We make that in the class! :)

2. Honey Bristow October 29, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Ohh bummer!!! for me, I don’t have a silhouette. It’s GORGEOUS!!!

3. Linsay October 29, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I wrote a (really nice) review on the course page because I enjoy your classes so much. I hope you have plans for more of them!

4. Candy October 29, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Can I just say you run rings around the other ‘instructors’ who try to teach the Silhouette? Keep these classes coming!

5. Susan Kopp October 29, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Love these and I love the classes even more! I too second the idea of more classes…..you rock Kerri Bradford!

6. Gina October 29, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Hi Kerri,
    Love your newest class, I am slowly working my way through it. I like to take classes slowly and practice after watching each lesson. Just helps me learn to do this on my own. Love your classes and love that we can take our time working our way thru it!!!!!

7. Cindy Sowell October 30, 2012 at 5:50 am

I love all of your silhouette classes Kerri! I haven’t used white as a background much…now you’ve converted me! LOL! I love how the colors pop off the white page! I also like learning how to make my own page elements! Thank you, and please keep these classes coming!

8. Susan October 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I’ve taken all the silhouette classes you offer on Jessica Sprague. They are amazing!!!! I have learned so much. Keep them coming.

• Kerri October 31, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Thanks for all your great comments!
      You are allllll amazing!!!!
      xo
      k

9. Erin November 1, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Hi, Kerri. I definitely want to take this class! But I don’t know how to do print+cut on the Silhouette yet and it looks like you do some of that (from what I can guess). Do I need to know how to do that before I start on this class? Or will the instructions in this class be explanatory enough for me to get through that part?

• Kerri November 3, 2012 at 11:25 am

Hey Erin! I don’t go over the Print+Cut so much in this class. I do show what the screen in Silhouette could look like with the elements and registration marks. I actually cover all sorts of details of the P+C feature in Oh The Places You’ll Go (it’s considered the Silhouette 2 class).

Hope that helps! :)

10. Erin November 4, 2012 at 5:54 am

Kerri!
    I started it yesterday and did the first three sections. This class is fantastic. It’s worth the cost just in cut files alone, but all the knowledge is worth it alone, too. Being able to go back and re-do a section whenever I want is such a great feature of the Jessica Sprague classes. I also really like having the PDF to refer back to, with all those layout ideas at the end. :) It’s really well laid out and I appreciate all the organization and time you put into it. I’m definitely doing The Places You’ll Go on my next free weekend!

Thank you!!

11. Janet Wright October 5, 2013 at 6:39 pm

This is probably a stupid question, but…. I am saving for my Silhouette and downloaded the software so that I could “practice” and see if I could do the things I want to do before I spent the money on the machine. (And so that when the machine arrives I don’t get too frustrated!)

Is it necessary to have the machine to get anything out of the classes? I know that I (duh!) won’t be able to cut (unless by hand, which is what I do now), but I could learn about a lot of the functions. I have been trying to come up with ideas on my own to try to do and sometimes miss and sometimes succeed. I think that with a more “formal” set of instructions (as opposed to opening YouTube, watching for a minute, switching screens to Studio, back and forth) might be more helpful. Thanks if you have time to answer.

• Kerri October 5, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Hey Janet!
      Nope. You don’t have to have the machine to learn how to use the software. Like you said, you wouldn’t be able to create the end result, but most of what’s learned is all about the software, cutting it out is the icing on the cake. :)

Hope that helps!