the first day of april

I can hardly believe it. I know I say this all the time, but seriously, where does the time go??? Only two more months left of my baby being in high school. That’s just crazy!

April. We’re at April already!

I gotta figure out how to make time slow down. If it can speed up, surely we can slow it down–just a little. Right?

I can only imagine that must be what Nichol was thinking when she created this page of her cute little daughter–who isn’t so little anymore!

[ Shapes | Educationish (number square) / Label It (frame) / Here Kitty, Kitty (title) / Sunflower Freebie ]

I love how Nichol used the numbers within her blocks! That’s such a wonderful look. And using the labels as a frame too? adore.

Here’s what Nichol has to say:

I loved the title from the Here Kitty kit and thought that it would work for subjects other than pets when I came across these older photos of my daughter being a messy eater. I wanted to use a bunch of photos from the pre-digital era so I ended up cropping them. A couple of the photos I wanted to use were from a previous layout created years ago and to make them work with the new design, I resized the label frame to fit over the photo. So that I wouldn’t have to cut around these already small photos I also cut the frame from a 3×3 square of patterned paper, popped the small square photo behind it, then layered the frame shadow and frame on top. Easy peasy!

For all the areas on the “border” of this page that didn’t have a photo, I used 3×3 squares of patterned paper. To add interest I die cut the numbers square from the same colors of patterned paper and from solid cardstock and adhered them on top of each. It gives subtle texture and adds interest to the frame without overpowering the photos. :)

And now, some sad news. After 2 1/2 years of an amazing ride, I’ve decided to close my doors, so to speak. I appreciate all your support and wish you all the best!

Okay, I just had to do that. I haven’t done an April Fools joke in forever. Don’t worry, all is alive and kicking in Bradford World. :)
2017-09-16T16:19:58+00:00 April 1st, 2013|nichol magouirk, pages|10 Comments

1. Dolly April 1, 2013 at 6:21 am

Man that was just plain SCARY! I think my heart skipped-not a good way to start the morning! Whew! off to work on some relaxation techniques!

2. {dawn} howells April 1, 2013 at 7:27 am

“Pretty sneaky, sis!” (Remember that from the old Battleship game commercial?…) Anyway, you almost had me… Because it is very early Monday morning (why are you up so early??:)), and I am still recovering from all of the baking and cooking over the weekend, your “prank” left me a bit confused. So glad it was only a prank – we need you around, Kerri!

Thanks for sharing the beautiful Nichol layout!

3. Amy A. April 1, 2013 at 7:40 am

Ack…I just about spit my coffee out!! You had me. I am breathing a great sigh of relief now. Love your products!

4. Rhadonda April 1, 2013 at 8:49 am

You were the first to get me on April Fool’s! Way to go. I hate to tell you but things only get faster as you head toward empty nest. Seriously. But it’s all good. Enjoy each moment as i know you do.

5. Terri Marchbanks April 1, 2013 at 9:31 am

Okay Miss. Kerri you scared me half to death, I was devastated… Don’t do that no more I am sure my heart cut a flip… Still love ya tho xoxoxo

6. donna c April 1, 2013 at 12:45 pm

you are a stinker!! my heart sank, and my stomach got all icky!! but it was a good prank!

7. Sandra C April 1, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I think my heart stopped for a second! You got me on that one! Glad it’s just a joke :)

8. Gilda April 1, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Ha, ha…you got me too, Kerri! Glad it was an April Fool’s. Love Nichol’s layout as always.

9. Cindy April 1, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Girl, my mouth flew open when I read your post! Thank goodness, it was a joke!! (that was a good one)
    Nichol’s layout, as usual, is awesome; LOVE it.

10. Sidney April 3, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I nearly had a heart attack!!!. I just got a cameo to enjoy all your wonderful skills!Your’s & Nichol’s work has made me fall in love with scrappin all over again. I have grown so much since I discovered the two of you. I love what I am creating. Thank you for sharing your skills.