a realization

Lately I’ve been feeling overwhelmed. Okay, more overwhelmed than usual, let’s say. ;) Somehow I’ve got too many major things going on in my life all at the same time. I’ve been having this feeling…this urge…this need…to simplify and focus on what really matters.

It’s just been constantly on my mind this past little while.

Then the other morning, I woke up, grabbed my iPhone and started perusing some sites–as I often do from the comfort of my bed. I was looking at blogs and being rather jealous (so to speak) at how much they are able to put into it themselves. Something I feel I’ve been lacking. And I just thought:

Now I don’t think of this in any kind of selfish tone. What I mean is, I need to focus on what’s most important for me and my life and put my efforts there and limit them elsewhere–or spread those occurrences out anyway. ;)

What’s most important to me is:
   My Family
   My Business
   My Home
   My Church callings

I feel so broken apart and scattered all over the place, that I’m not able to fully put the important part of ‘me’ into what’s important to ‘me.’

So how do I do that?

Well, I think once I get my office back to where it should be, get my house cleaned and in order for company for graduation, and I get my new website up and rolling? That will be a huge start.

But what’s next? What do I see happening in the future?

Besides the personal life, on the business side of things I see new classes in the near future. I see a Friday Freebie every Friday this summer (yep, it’s true). I see more examples from me. I see more kits. I see balancing all that with keeping up with my home and family and church.

And that’s where I need to be.

2017-10-18T15:38:24+00:00 May 21st, 2013|Uncategorized|8 Comments

1. Susan Kopp May 21, 2013 at 8:56 am

Sometimes we have to take inventory in our lives and re prioritize for sure. Way to go, looking forward to new classes!

2. Cynthia Larson May 21, 2013 at 9:10 am

Sometimes I feel the same way you are feeling right now. When this happens I just pare down to the basics of importance. Once I am feeling better I add things back in until I have to start over again. Sounds like you have a good game plan to get on track. Good Luck :) Cant wait to see your new kits this summer!

3. Cindy Sowell May 21, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Kerri, It’s a constant balancing act! Lol! I lost ‘ME’ a couple of years ago when my son died. Lately, I’ve been CRAVING the ‘old’ me! “Where did she go and what is she doing???” It’s been a slow process but, I’m finally up for the challenge of my ‘new’ self discovery! I know what matters most.

4. Candi Agnew May 22, 2013 at 5:27 am

Totally and completely understand. Have been feeling the same myself. God shows us when we are out of balance since He is a God of order and peace. Recognizing the feeling and letting Him guide you is the answer. I only discovered your website in August and I am in awe of your talent. I love to hear your personal insights as well. Please know that you are a blessing to many.

5. Kim May 23, 2013 at 9:35 am

Sorry for the way you are feeling, Kerri; however, you totally perked me up today by mentioning more kits and freebies coming soon. Woo hoo! Personally, I would love to see some cut files that match your Project Life Cinnamon Kit. My kit is arriving on Saturday and I can’t wait to see it IRL. I know it is gonna be great but having some KB goodies for the SIL to go along with it would just send it over the top!

6. Cindy May 25, 2013 at 9:17 am

Oh Kerri, you’ve got a lot on your plate right now (my work life is the same and it’s REALLY hard to relax when I have so much to do). I’m sure once you get your house/office back in order you’ll feel much better. I’m also trying to focus on the “light at the end of the tunnel” right now, which can’t come soon enough. Yep, I have problems waiting. On the lighter side, this is going to be an AWESOME summer, I can just feel it!! Hope things get better soon.

7. Alison May 26, 2013 at 7:15 am

Thanks for sharing from the heart Kerri. Many of us feel the same way. It’s just a season in our life. Everything is going to be ok. It really is.. Hugs

8. Marylin June 13, 2013 at 11:08 am

I believe you were talking to me when you wrote this post….it helps knowing I am not the only one that feels….thinly stretched..and wanting to enjoy the little moments but still do more than I can in one day…