friday freebie | wizarding fun

This past week we did our annual girls camp. Love this time. Love spending some QT with my daughters and my dear friends–Lisa Bearnson + Kristy Banks–and their daughters.

It’s always an adventure and we never seem to have enough time. Games, food, laughing, crafting . . . it’s all good fun up in the mountains getting away from the cares of it all.

Of course we don’t rough it. Yes, there are 5th wheels with kitchens, showers, tvs and plenty of beds. But all that just adds to the glamping experience of it all. And how on earth would we be able to make these fun sweatshirts without my trusty Silhouette, heat transfer and an iron.

Everyone had black sweatshirts and a good chunk of them wanted the designs with The Deathly Hallows on the front and the ‘I solemnly swear I am up to no good’ on the back–thanks to Jordan’s original request (she’s been waiting for it for a while too). It was a simple enough task for me to design and I think they turned out rather fun. I would share a photo of them wearing them, but considering we didn’t get to do them until late last night and I know that they won’t want me to post their ‘I just woke up and have been camping all week’ photo for thousands of people to see, we’ll just go with these. :)

(like i said, it was night when i was ironing.)

That phrase goes across the bottom of the backside of the sweatshirt and it looks so danged cute! Then they placed the Deathly Hallows symbol about 9″ wide on front. Lisa, who isn’t considered a Harry Potter fan, was seriously thinking about having one because they were just so danged fun!

I also designed these shirts for Kristy’s daughter and her little friend.

The phrase (that Kristy wanted) says, ‘My favorite number of the alphabet is purple.’ And the quirkiness of the whole thing was topped off by the fact that I only had white and green heat transfer, so we put ‘purple’ in green. (ha ha) And then we added their names on the back side.

So the whole time I was cutting these out, all I kept thinking was, ‘My readers will want this once I show it.’ :) Therefore, I bring  you today’s Friday Freebie!

To download it, click the image or click HERE.

This also includes just plain footprints so that if you wanted to
add your own phrase, you could do that too.

I just don’t think we got to spend near enough time. It just flies! So I guess for now I’ll just have to look at some photos like this one and dream of being there.

Until next year….

2017-05-29T20:26:04+00:00 August 16th, 2013|freebies, projects, silhouette|25 Comments

1. Cynthia B. August 16, 2013 at 4:30 pm

So cute! My daughter will have me buying some transfer paper now (something I haven’t done before). Thanks so much!

2. Sandy_in_MD August 16, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Thanks so much!

3. Sandy Evans August 16, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Just wayyyyy to cute. You always amaze me.

4. Kathi Z August 16, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Very cute! Thanks for sharing Kerri! :)

5. cari August 16, 2013 at 6:50 pm

So cute, Kerri! Thank you!

6. Ruth G August 16, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I love these designs! They are so super fun! Now I know why I didn’t scrap my daughter’s Harry Potter party from so many years ago ;-)! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!

7. LinhC August 16, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Very cute!

8. Stephanie @ BeeTreeStudios August 16, 2013 at 9:22 pm

You rock, these are AWESOME! Thanks =)

9. Phyllis B. August 17, 2013 at 2:38 am

So, so cute! Glad you had such a fun trip! Thanks for the Freebie!

10. Renee August 17, 2013 at 5:01 am

Love it! Thank you so much.

11. Mary August 17, 2013 at 7:01 am

What could be better, spending time with family and friends, surrounded by nature, and crafting! Thanks for the freebie.

12. vicki doyle August 17, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Thank you so much for this file — it’s perfect for my HP fan daughter and niece! My daughter is leaving for her first year in college – this will make a great care package gift!

I met your friend Lisa several years ago. CK sponsored a contest and a friend of mine from Buffalo won it. The grand prize was a scrapbook retreat at Lisa’s home in the mountains. So off we flew to Utah and had the time of our lives! We shopped our socks off, laughed ourselves silly — and were able to scrap the wedding pictures of a friend of Lisa’s who’s husband was very sick. Great trip!!
    My fav memories was Lisa throwing ice cubes at me at lunch when I was pretending to know her friend in Rochester NY – when I confessed that I really didn’t know her friend, she pelted me with ice cubes LOL!

13. SiskiyouSue August 18, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Hi. I’m new here, just signed up for your e-mail post. Love your files, especially this one! And enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing.

14. Heather August 20, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I LOVE this! My nephew and I are HUGE Harry Potter fans. I could think of all kinds of things we’d use this for!

Thanks!

15. RobinD October 14, 2013 at 12:30 pm

THANK YOU. Your t-shirts and the Harry Potter file made me smile!

16. notoes October 15, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I haven’t tried the heat transfer material yet, does it come out as a vinyl-ish feel or like a t-shirt knit feel? I’m currently using a white knit fabric with an iron on adhesive to give a white background base for dark shirts since I spray paint the stencil designs I cut with my Portrait. I need the softer knit feel to hold the paint.

• Kerri October 15, 2013 at 8:11 pm

It actually comes in a vinyl-ish feel as well as a fuzzy-feel. The ones on the shirts I made are fuzzy. But Silhouette also has fabric paints that work with stencil material. So I don’t know if any of that works for you…

17. notoes October 15, 2013 at 8:16 pm

The fuzzy feel might work for me. It’s so hard to figure some of the materials out when none of the stores nearby carry any of the Silhouette stock. I’ll have to looking the paints, there are times I like to just use the spray can and times I like to get “hands on” with things.

18. Lisa October 16, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Do you have any tips for using the heat transfer vinyl? I’ve made 2 shirts and both of them have had places that peeled up after washing and I didn’t even put them in the dryer. I don’t want to use it to make gifts if I feel like it’s only good for one time wear. :(

• Kerri October 16, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Hey Lisa!
      All you need to do is iron it down again. I’ve had that happen and just did another iron on that spot and all was well. Even after many washes, it will still iron down. All it means is that it just didn’t quite get that security in the heat that it needed. When I iron them, I like to put down a thinner-ish bath towel (not a big fluffy one) on my bathroom counter and then use a thin dish towel over the top of what I’m ironing on. I like the hardness of the counter combined with a bath towel. It seems to work well for me.

Hope that helps!

19. TessC. October 18, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

20. Dawn November 8, 2013 at 5:31 pm

I have never Done anything like that. All new to me. Am a newbie to all this. Beautiful. Am slowly learning. Am disabled and can only sit a short time before my back starts. So am from Antioch, California. Good luck ya’ll

Dawn

21. mary December 18, 2013 at 8:25 am

I absolutely LOVE this!! Love HP! But I have questions…I don’t have a silhouette so is it possible to do this without one? I haven’t done anything like this before either. So, any guidance you can give would be awesome!
    Thanks! :)

22. […] year we made these sweatshirts, and so I thought it only appropriate that we continue our shirt-making tradition this year. Last […]

23. […] we make bracelets (and I still have every one of them) and last year we made Harry Potter shirts (see here) using the Silhouette Heat […]