mix+match | from shapes to print+cuts

It’s October. I can hardly believe it! Just pulled out my Halloween ensemble that resides on my piano. Looks a little something like this:

( You can read my post on how to make this HERE. )

It’s so fun to come to this time of year and put up my cute mantle

[er…piano] scarf that my bestie made for me. She also made a Christmas one and so it’s just the beginning of a fun time of year. I’m still just shaking my head that it’s October! I have a feeling it’s going to go by a whole lot faster than I think it will….and kind of freaks me out, I’m not gonna lie.

Which brings me to today’s Mix+Match video. I’m a huge fan of utilizing your resources and this video is all about just that. It shows you how to take several cuts and make it a Project Life or decorative card for a page.

[ Shapes | Life Additions: Backgrounds (polka dot card) / This Is Halloween (title and hat) / All Hallows’ Eve (poison label and spider web ]

Pretty sweet to maximize your art that way, eh? Now I want you to start thinking outside the box with whatcha got in your arsenal and see what other fun things you can make!

Here is the color scheme referenced in the video in RGB values:

And so like, I couldn’t put something like this up
and not have some Halloween things for sale, now could I?

You can find several Halloween items for
20% off through Sunday, October 13 HERE

The ‘special’ price is reflected to the applicable items on the page.
No coupon required.

2017-02-07T18:27:21+00:00 October 3rd, 2013|mix and match, video tutorials|6 Comments

1. Calli October 3, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Well look at you, Miss Crafty-pants. You are amazing. My offer from long ago to play the piano while you create still stands! lol

2. Joni October 3, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I love this decor! Where did you find that cute black frame? Love it!

3. Rhadonda October 4, 2013 at 9:24 am

I love to watch you create!! I totally appreciate you taking the time to make a video, love it! Thanks!

4. Gail March 27, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Is there a website that gives the RGB codes for paper manufacturing companies, such as Echo Park, Bazzill, etc.
    I have bought a lot of digital papers and the colors don’t match the original papers when I print them
    Thanks
    Gail

• Kerri March 27, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I’m not familiar with any. Usually paper companies keep their color ‘formulas’ pretty guarded. Not only that, what you see on your screen and what prints varies from setup to setup. There’s way too many factors on both ends of your setup to get an accurate match even if you had their formula.

What I might suggest is to create your own swatch palette to match the cardstocks, writing down your formula underneath so you can have a better representation of what your particular set up will do with the cardstock you love.

Hope that helps. :)

5. Gail March 27, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Thanks Kerri. Love your ideas and the website.