friday freebie | god’s love never changes

I have a very special Friday Freebie for you all today. I don’t ever try to be too ‘church-ee’ here, but there are some times that I think the message is special and can apply to all faiths.

If you remember I talked about the new calling I have in church, which is being on a committee to do activities for the women each month. The group of women in our church is known as Relief Society.

A few short weeks ago the president of our church, Thomas S. Monson, spoke to the Relief Society–women all over the world–to enlighten and teach us. Of course he always says profound things. :) His talk was on how we never walk alone. That as we face challenges, we are not ever truly alone. He said, ‘We were not placed on this earth to walk alone. What an amazing source of power, of strength, and of comfort is available to each of us.’

He then goes on to say, ‘My dear sisters, your Heavenly Father loves you—each of you. That love never changes. It is not influenced by your appearance, by your possessions, or by the amount of money you have in your bank account. It is not changed by your talents and abilities. It is simply there. It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there.’

I thought that was an incredible message to share. And being on the committee and us making crafts for the women to do, we summarized that message and I fontified (yeah, it’s a word) it and put it on this adorable photo of Thomas S. Monson, which I did not take. It was taken by Brian Tibbetts. (Research indicated that the photo rights have been released and is okay to use.)

It’s an awesome photo! I love the candid shots like this!

We are putting this on a painted and sanded black block and will then mod-podge it to do as a craft in a few weeks. So for those of you looking for an easy craft to do? Here’s the first part of today’s Friday Freebie.

To  download all four versions, click HERE.

It comes in two sizes and two color variations for whatever your needs may be.

Now, I realize that non-LDS people may like the message, but more than likely wouldn’t want a picture of the president of another faith in their home. :) So I made this word version that you can put on a scrapbook page or in your Project Life album.

It comes in these four colors with and without the name,
depending on if you like to see who quoted it or not.

To download this forever free image, click HERE.

But wait, there’s more! :)

I thought it would also be cool to include the version of the text to overlay onto a photo. So there is a black text and a white text version without any back, so you could make something like this:

Sweet, isn’t it? :) Those versions are in with the cards.

I just really loved this sentiment. It couldn’t be said any better, really.

Have a wonderful weekend!

If you would like to read the entire message from Thomas S. Monson, you can find it HERE.

2017-05-29T20:21:33+00:00 October 18th, 2013|freebies|17 Comments

1. Lara Read October 18, 2013 at 9:33 am

This is so awesome Kerri thank you!!! I’d love to see you do something crafty with next years YM YW theme. “Come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness” (Moroni 10:32).

2. {dawn} October 18, 2013 at 9:39 am

Thanks, Kerri! Love this! Especially love your showing us how you put it on a photo of your beautiful Kassi-girl!

3. Nancy Barnes October 18, 2013 at 10:49 am

Kerri!!!!!! I totally love this! This is my absolute favorite picture of President Monson. I have been wanting to do something with it for a while. Please share photos of the finished project. I would love to see it. Thank you so much! I can hardly wait to use this quote. It may just become Christmas gifts for my co-workers.

4. Teryl October 18, 2013 at 11:04 am

These have to be my most favorite of all your “Freebies” ever!
    Wonderfully done.
    I can’t wait to make copies at Wal-Mart to give to the ladies I visit every month.
    Thank you so very much!

5. Michele October 18, 2013 at 11:42 am

Kerri-

This is just want I needed today … it’s what I’ve needed all week! I’ve been going through a lot of stress these last few months, some good and some not so good …. they’re all trials that I live through in my life.

Thank you again, I will be having this in my home as a constant reminder.

6. Barbara Johnson October 18, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Thank you so much for the freebie. I will use this quote often!

7. Elaine Bowman October 18, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Love this Kerri! Thanks for the freebie!

8. Janet Meyerhoffer October 18, 2013 at 6:15 pm

You are simply the best!

9. Sue FitzGerald October 18, 2013 at 6:31 pm

What a lovely kind looking face your church leader has and what beautiful words he speaks.

10. Kathy Salazar October 18, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Thanks Kerri- Love it!

11. Michele October 18, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Hi Kerri-

I tried downloading the 2nd option with all of the colors but for some reason it’s not incorporated in the download and there’s only a black with no back or a white with no back. :( Could you let me know if maybe I missed something?

Thanks!

12. Jo October 18, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Thank you for this beautiful file. It is a powerful message and I love it! Hope you have a wonderful weekend Kerri!

Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

13. Susan P October 19, 2013 at 8:59 am

Thanks so much for this freebie Kerri! What a wonderful (and true) quote!

14. Sharon October 19, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Thank you. There are so many times that I need just these words. And so many people with whom it will be wonderful to share — a RS pass along card — sort of.

15. Sharee October 19, 2013 at 5:47 pm

You are so talented! Thanks for sharing!

16. stacie October 20, 2013 at 2:59 pm

heehee, this is so wonderful and when i looked at the picture before scrolling down I thought, what a nice looking old man. sorta reminded me of Billy Graham! thanks so much for sharing…both versions! :)