new freebie, new kit, new tutorial, new winners

It’s one fabulous day of newness here at KBS!
Lots of stuff going on today, so let’s get to it.

I think we shall start off with today’s freebie, shall we? This is totally inspired by what I see every time I walk through my front door during Christmas–a lovely red hollyberry wreath. It makes me smile when I look at it on my white door.

It just had to become a design to use. Had to.

To download this file for free–today only–click HERE.

This is no longer available as a freebie, but you can find it in the store.

Next item on the agenda is a new kit! Finally! Only been working on this one for a while. Well, I started it a while ago, but then the whole ‘Jordan going on a mission’ thing sort of ruled my life for a bit. But it is now completed and here for your using pleasure.

Now, I just have to add my two cents here because the overall feeling of this kit is a little different than what you normally see from me–in that you’re used to seeing things in color. I’m a huge fan of black and white. Love it. Love the simplicity and basicness (yeah, it’s a word) of it all. And when I was making this retro-looking kit, all I could think of was black and white. I just loved the way it looked…but maybe it’s just me. ;)

Even though it comes in black and white–just as you see in the above image–you can modify it to any color scheme you so desire. Which is true for any PNG file, really.  I showed you one way you could do this in the Love This Photo video tutorial. I simply used the paint bucket tool to fill in a couple of colors. But as with everything in life, there is more than one way to do something like this. And because there is a bit more to many of these images, I thought I should show you another way.

And that leads me to today’s new tutorial.

So as you can see, it’s super simple to alter a color of any PNG files like this. Now, go play with it and have some fun!

Oh yeah, and I was using Photoshop Elements 10…just in case you were wondering.

Okay then, let’s pick some randomly drawn winners of the CZ Cool Yule greatness!

CHRYSTAL – DECEMBER 20, 2013 – 9:21 AM
Chrystal from Houston, TX. My favorite thing is to send packages to my office address so my husband can’t peek!! :)

LOIS – DECEMBER 20, 2013 – 12:39 PM
As usual, Cathy has designed something killer. Thanks for the chance to win.

Congratulations ladies! Email me at and I will get you on your merry way!

And I so loved reading your favorite ‘cool yule’ things to do. That was awesome!

And now, one last thing. I had hoped to have an actual automated, fancy shmancy, gift card procedure in place in my store by now, but it just didn’t happen. I know that there are many of you who were wanting to give gift cards, so we’re going to do it the old fashioned way–the way that I know how to do and how we did it in my old store.

These are perfect stocking stuffers to redeem for classes and other KBS goodness. Especially for those of you who are getting a certain cutting tool (aka: Silhouette) under the tree this year!

FYI, gift cards are never on sale :)

You can purchase a gift card in three values:  $15, $25 and $50.

For your recipient to redeem it, all they need to do is email me along with your name (the person who bought it) and I will get them all set up.

2017-09-10T07:36:37+00:00 December 22nd, 2013|video tutorials|10 Comments

1. lynne December 22, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Thank you so much for the wreath!

2. Linda V December 22, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Thank you Keri for the great free designs and the wonderful tutorial!!! Happy Holidays!

3. Sandra ltb December 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm

lovely – thank you!
    Sandra ltb

4. Jocelan December 22, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Thanks Kerri for the lovely cut file.
    May your family have a very blessed Christmas.
    Blessings Jocelan

5. Sheila Miller December 22, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Thank you so much for the Berry Wreath. I love it! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

6. Sandy_in_MD December 22, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Thanks for the lovely wreath!

7. Lindy December 22, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Thank you for the Hollyberry Wreath! There are so many cool elements to your Black + White Christmas set!

8. Trish December 23, 2013 at 4:52 am

I was fascinated by the photoshop tutorial, Kerri. I am thinking I need to spend some time and learn photoshop. Thanks for the jumpstart. And I love the berry wreath, can’t wait to cut it! Happy Holidays to you and your family. May it be sweet.

9. Dolly December 23, 2013 at 6:40 am

Thank you so much Kerri!! You’re such a doll!

10. […] It’s just a plain black text PNG file that you can take into Photoshop, change the color, and print as needed. (For a video on how to do this, click HERE.) […]