When I saw this done on another person’s blog, I knew I needed to do it and send it to Jordan for a cute Valentine. I just loved the cleverness of it all. Simple. Sweet. Fun.
I couldn’t find a canvas bag, so I opted to work with what I had, including the paper bag shape we made in the Hello There Silhouette class. I also used the chevron design from Background Basics to create the print+cut design for the paper bag design.
This is what I started out playing with.
As you can see, I loved the idea of lace and such. Lots of fun goodies to have added to it. But when I took off the wrapper for the craft sticks, for some reason, I just loved that look and thought it would make a great background for a cut title.
So here’s what you can do to make it.
1. Lay out the sticks to match the length of your photo.
2. Mod Podge the back of your photo.
3. Lay the sticks evenly across the back. Be sure to keep the top/bottom lines of the sticks as straight as possible.
4. Apply Mod Podge to the front of your photo and let it dry.
5. Write a sentiment on the back. I used a Sharpie marker.
6. Use an X-acto knife to cut the photo into pieces. I used a metal ruler to help me keep a straight line.
7. Voila! It’s marvelous!
8. Decorate your holding device. In this case, I used the paper bag element from the Hello There Silhouette class as my holding device. I decided to use the craft paper that held the sticks together as a background to the cut cardstock title ‘Love You To Pieces.’ Then I accented with a couple of 3D embellishments.
I’m really excited to send this to Jordan.
I think she’s going to love it!
And today is my 26th anniversary.
Love this guy.