video tutorial: creating a two-tone feather

Hey y’all! Just popping in today with a quick tutorial to show you how easy it is to create a two-tone feather . . . or any two-tone shape, really. I’m using designs from the Feathers kit.

I love having all my scrap cardstock organized now so that I can easily find colors that I need. These feathers were under four inches each, so scraps worked perfectly!

And in case you missed seeing that new organization glimpse on FB, here it is again.

It truly is my favoritist thing I’ve done in my new office. It sits in a Fridge Binz that’s 13″ long, so it’ll handle the 12″ length and nothing over 5″ high goes into it. If I have something bigger, it goes back in with my main carsdtock.

Okay, so let’s get to the video now! :)

Easy peasy.

2017-09-12T17:10:59+00:00 February 20th, 2014|video tutorials|8 Comments

1. Lori February 20, 2014 at 1:27 pm

WOW!!! What a great tutorial–thank you for making a video to share these specific techniques and tips. LOVE this!!!

2. vicki February 20, 2014 at 1:42 pm

awesome tutorial — thank you!!

3. yolande k February 20, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Merci beaucoup pour cette astuce et ton partage !!!

4. Sandi February 20, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Kerri, You never fail to make things so very plain to me! This looks so easy when I see you do it and hear the explanation. Have you ever thought about writing a book about the many different things that you can do with the Silhouette? I would buy it in a second! Then I could reference your how-to videos and see in real time what I just read about. Anyway, a girl can wish, can’t she???

5. Diane S. February 20, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I love your storage idea. Where can I find those bins? Thanks!

• Kerri February 20, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I bought my Fridge Binz at Walmart. I think they have them at Bed Bath + Beyond too. I’ve seen them on Amazon as well.

And Sandi and everyone, thanks for your sweet words.

Yolande, I love your comments in French. I have a soft spot for French since my son spoke French for two years in Washington DC. It makes me smile when I see it. :)

6. Susan Kopp February 20, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Thanks for sharing that info…..those are really cute!!

7. Cammie February 23, 2014 at 5:47 am

Thanks so much for sharing this great tutorial.