video tutorial: creating a two-tone feather

feathers-web2

Hey y’all! Just popping in today with a quick tutorial to show you how easy it is to create a two-tone feather . . . or any two-tone shape, really. I’m using designs from the Feathers kit.

I love having all my scrap cardstock organized now so that I can easily find colors that I need. These feathers were under four inches each, so scraps worked perfectly!

using-scraps2

And in case you missed seeing that new organization glimpse on FB, here it is again.

scraps-in-drawer

It truly is my favoritist thing I’ve done in my new office. It sits in a Fridge Binz that’s 13″ long, so it’ll handle the 12″ length and nothing over 5″ high goes into it. If I have something bigger, it goes back in with my main carsdtock.

Okay, so let’s get to the video now! :)

Easy peasy.

2017-09-12T17:10:59+00:00 February 20th, 2014|video tutorials|8 Comments

1. Lori February 20, 2014 at 1:27 pm

WOW!!! What a great tutorial–thank you for making a video to share these specific techniques and tips. LOVE this!!!

2. vicki February 20, 2014 at 1:42 pm

awesome tutorial — thank you!!

3. yolande k February 20, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Merci beaucoup pour cette astuce et ton partage !!!

4. Sandi February 20, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Kerri, You never fail to make things so very plain to me! This looks so easy when I see you do it and hear the explanation. Have you ever thought about writing a book about the many different things that you can do with the Silhouette? I would buy it in a second! Then I could reference your how-to videos and see in real time what I just read about. Anyway, a girl can wish, can’t she???

5. Diane S. February 20, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I love your storage idea. Where can I find those bins? Thanks!

• Kerri February 20, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I bought my Fridge Binz at Walmart. I think they have them at Bed Bath + Beyond too. I’ve seen them on Amazon as well.

And Sandi and everyone, thanks for your sweet words.

Yolande, I love your comments in French. I have a soft spot for French since my son spoke French for two years in Washington DC. It makes me smile when I see it. :)

6. Susan Kopp February 20, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Thanks for sharing that info…..those are really cute!!

7. Cammie February 23, 2014 at 5:47 am

Thanks so much for sharing this great tutorial.