my favorite things  •  fiskars scissors

scissors1

I can’t remember exactly when I bought my first pair of Fiskars Soft Touch Micro Tip scissors. I’m thinking 12 or 13  years at least.  Maybe even longer. And I have to say, I have never and will never use another pair of scissors for crafting again.

That little spring-loaded handle of perfection is ideal for precise cutting. Now granted, I don’t have to do as much precise cutting as I used to. Hello? Remember when we used to cut our own titles of cardstock using stencils or reverse printing? But there’s something magical about being able to hold those scissors in the palm of your hand.

scissors2

Sooooo much more control!

There’s no holes to fumble your fingers into or work with by holding them. You simply hold them in the palm of your hand and squeeze.

It’s delightful!

I think if you had hand issues–like arthritis or something–that these would be perfect.

Squeezing your hand rather than controlling a couple of fingers is like night and day.

That’s why these are my favorite.

And here’s another tip. I always have at least two of everything that I use most frequently. There’s many-a times they get buried under mounds of projects and I can’t find them immediately.

No worries. I always have a spare.
And I keep them handy in my drawer.

scissors3

If you haven’t ever tried these scissors, I highly recommend them. No I do not work for Fiskars. :) I just love these scissors because they are just ever-so awesome.

2017-10-17T15:53:47+00:00 March 19th, 2014|my favorite things, my office|7 Comments

1. kathy March 19, 2014 at 8:34 am

i have had these for many years as well and they are DA BOMB. they have stayed very sharp and are very comfortable. my only complaint: the latch that keeps them closed quit working very early on.

2. Jennifer Harkema March 19, 2014 at 8:38 am

OMG…I commented on your FB post as well but I agree 100% on everything you said! I had my first pair for a very long time and I did a lot of dry embossing so these babies were a MUST!!! I will never use anything else and always have an extra pair! Love the control and precision you get with them. Love that we love the same things! :) Oh and for those of you who don’t own these…you must give them a try, they might feel a little awkward at first but trust me…totally love.

3. Nashonne March 19, 2014 at 8:57 am

I love these scissors! They are all I’ve used in the 11 years I’ve been scrapbooking.

4. Michele March 19, 2014 at 9:11 am

HAVE them … LOVE them :)

5. Vicki March 19, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Once again, I totally agree with you which is why I think that if this were the real world, we could actually be friends ;) I mean that in a non-stalkery way!!

Seriously, I had hand surgery a few years ago and these were a life safer. I also have two pairs (because I have two of all my favorite things also) and one safety latch bit the dust..

6. Lynette March 19, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I have my degree in special education, and at first thought, I thought, wow this would be great for someone needing adaptive scissors! And then you mentioned arthritis–totally on the same page. I also just realized these would be great for me since I am left handed. I will totally have to give these guys a try! Thanks so much for sharing!

7. Jennifer S. March 21, 2014 at 7:26 am

I have quite a few scissors from this line of Fiskars and LOVE them! They are the only kind of scissors I have in my craft room!