Brand New Class: Here There Everywhere

I have been waiting and waiting to do this class. It’s been percolating for months now. If you didn’t already know this about me….

i love to travel.

And last fall when my hubby and I decided to get out of town for the upcoming winter, I thought that making a travel journal was going to be so cool to do ‘on the road’. But it’s funny how desires change. I think all the traveling we did from September to December completely burned us out and we had no desire to go anymore. Which was a good thing because of all the crazy bad weather the south had. So we chose wisely. ;) But that’s still something I want to do–and take my little Epson Charm printer with me too!

Because of my love for travel, I have done my share of travel journals, including one for Creating Keepsakes’ KOTM. I love the interactiveness that a travel journal can have. But I also love simplicity and capturing my memories quickly. However, with all the products available out there, it isn’t always easy to get the color scheme or the size or the words that you need.

That’s where this class can help you out!

beauty-shot-everywhere

Here’s a bit of the Description:
Our proverbial suitcase is practically busting at the seams–over the weight limit for sure. I had to sit on it to get everything to fit and zipped up. But, boy oh boy, we are going to some great places in our little design world!

This class is all about using Silhouette Studio to make elements that can be used for trips from sea to shining sea. We’re talking paper, tags, shapes, special effects, maximizing your art, and everything in between. Expanding your Silhouette skills making specific elements is a must as well. And even if you don’t have an occasion to use ‘that palm tree’ in your vacation memories, the skills you use to create a shape like that can be used for many other designs to come. And I love me some interactive goodies too.

One Size Does Not Fit All
The beauty of this class is that it is adaptable to whatever size or format you’re needing. Take the interactive elements and use them on a page or use them as a page. Decorative elements can be added as dimension to a 3×4 card–or as a graphic element on the card itself that we make in class. You get to choose your color scheme, your sizes, your style…whatever you need to make the album fit you. Of course you can follow along and make your album like mine–with different photos, of course. ;) My album is 6×8 and consists of cardstock pages, photo pages, interactive elements and pocket page protectors. There will be predefined color schemes to help get you started as well.

In addition I will be sharing so many tips and tricks and my own personal–and usually very guarded–collection of titles to help you record your travel memories quickly and efficiently. There will also be a bonus lesson to show how I create handwritten titles and accents to use in Studio. Chances are you may have a similar setup so you can do the same.

Go. Go. Go.
My particular album focuses on all the many places I traveled last year, so we’ll be covering themes that can apply to trips you may have taken or will be taking–like the amusement park, the beach, the great outdoors, the big city, and who knows where else. You’ll come away with so many ideas, you’ll be sitting on your own proverbial suitcase to get it all in.

This class is jam-packed with a variety goodness.
Oh, and let us not forget the usual freebies that always accompany a KBS class (a $10 value).

Book Now and Save!

Book your ‘travel plans’ now through April 15 only, (hey, it’s a good date to remember) and you will receive this travel-themed brush-script style kit for free!

Let's Go Kit

A $6 dollar value.

But wait, there’s more!

(You know I love to say that.)

If you sign up before class starts on Monday, May 19, you save $5 off the purchase price.
(Price already reflected in the store.)

That’s a total savings of $11.

Yep. Good stuff! I’m so excited about this class!
Can’t wait!

________________________________

Please note: Due to the release of the brand new Silhouette Studio version 3, that’s what I will be recording with. Hopefully within the next few weeks bugs will be worked out–and hopefully I won’t get too much grief either. ;) At this point, I’m not sure what may be differ during the design process, so if you’re using the older version of the software, there may be discrepancies.
2017-10-17T15:46:26+00:00 April 3rd, 2014|classes|21 Comments

1. Candy Bryant April 3, 2014 at 11:51 am

Aloha Kerri, Been seeing posts about the new version of Silhouette. Do you recommend we download it now or wait until the bugs are worked out? It sounds like we lost features and the new ones sound confusing. How can there not be a cut line, no cut, perforate, etc? One blogger recommended keeping the last version when updating. How could you do that? Your new class sounds like fun, but could also turn into a “bug hunt” with all the confusion surrounding the new version. I hope you can help us figure it out. Mahalo nui.

• Kerri April 3, 2014 at 12:12 pm

I know…it’s pretty crazy right now! When I saw that a new, quite significant, version was out–knowing what I was going to be doing with a new class–I was a bit freaked, to say the least. lol I really don’t have a choice but to use the new software to make the new class unless I want to rerecord it all again later…and I don’t want that. lol Since the class doesn’t start for 6+ weeks, hopefully the more experienced Studio users will have helped the less experienced users transition it as well as Silhouette will make some improvements to the software as it goes.

Therfore, I probably would hold off updating for at least a couple weeks. There’s no rush. I NEVER jump on the major update bandwagon because there are always bugs, but I had to this time.

I use a Mac with 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) and so far so good, other than it’s sluggish, which bugs me big time. I hate the animated menus for that same reason. I wish I could turn it off.

When I installed the new version, it recognized that I had the old one still there and gave me the option to keep both, so I did. That’s nice. I don’t know how you can go about reverting back if you needed to other than to look for a similar file that you would have downloaded previously.

I would imagine that for the most part, the features used in the class will be the same between the two versions. There will just be a different look. There may be something new that might be pretty cool to use though. But I would think that overall, the usage should be about the same if you didn’t update.

I’m hoping to stay out of the bugs myself. Could be an interesting few weeks. ;) If you hear some sailor words being yelled out into the universe, it’s just me encountering issues. lol

2. Sandy Evans April 3, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Well I just jumped in with both feet and downloaded the new version of Silhouette. I love my Silhouette and have always gotten excellent customer service that I just didn’t even think of having a problem.
    But back to the new class, Kerri I have brought every class you have sold (those at Jessica’s and the ones you have added to your blog) and sad to say I have only done 1 and 1/2 of all the classes I have brought. :-( I have told myself I wasn’t going to buy anymore till I finished all the ones I have, but of course I am going right now to order your new class. You are so amazing Kerri. Someday I will get time to do all the ones I have. Really hoping I can start this class when it begins, maybe I could finish it if I did.

• Kerri April 3, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Sandy, I totally hear ya! I’m that way too. Sign up for a class and just kind of lightly do it. It’s like I’m a magazine reader but then really only look at the pics. Books? pffffff. Just never have time to sit and enjoy what’s in front of me. I think it’s that fast-paced A.D.D. thing that makes it hard to just sit down and do something like a class or read a book. I don’t even hardly read blogs…I just look at them for the pictures. lol

3. Kimberly O. April 3, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Yay! A new class using the new version of Silhouette Studio! :) I have all of your classes and I just finished “Just Add Color”. I downloaded and installed version 3 this morning. I had heard from a friend that supposedly .studio files created with previous version wouldn’t open, but I was able to open the ones that I tested.

So.. will you be redoing your existing classes? (I’m not saying *I* need that, just curious.)

4. Sandy Evans April 3, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Darn, I didn’t think about doing your older classes now that the new version is out. Wonder if I will still be able to figure out how to do them????
    That will make me very very sad if I can’t do the ones I have brought…. :-(

• Kerri April 3, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Sandy, yeah…that’s a good thought. My guess is that most of what’s done in class will still be doable in the new software. There may be small changes or advancements in the new software that hopefully won’t make much aof a difference.

But on that note, I’ve posted this to my FB and will do it here:

If you have signed up for any of my classes, I would recommend making sure that you complete the class first before updating so that you can follow along exactly with the video instruction.

I would imagine much will be the same, but I’m guessing there will be some differences along the way.

It will be quite time intensive to re-record all the videos with the new software and I don’t foresee doing it any time soon with a new class in progress combined with the bugginess of the new software. I want to wait until things work a little more smoothly before jumping into re-recording. I have a feeling it’s going to get crazy recording this new Here There Everywhere travel class. I can already see some issues in the software that’s going to give me grief.

You have a few weeks to get your current classes done before this new one comes out. So wait to update until you’re done and then you should be good to go. I would think a few weeks will make a difference on updates with Studio as well.

If you have friends that have signed up for my classes too, please share this thought with them or on your FB page or groups or message boards. I want to get the word out.

Thanks!

5. Sandy Robinson April 3, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Yay! I’m in!!!

6. Sandy Evans April 3, 2014 at 6:06 pm

:-( I have already downloaded the new version… hopefully when I every get around to doing the older classes I have brought from you Kerri you will be able to help me through them.
    Sandy

• Kerri April 3, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I’m always just a keystroke away Sandy. :)

7. sandy evans April 3, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Thanks Kerri…:-)
    that makes me feel a LOT better.

• Kerri April 4, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Sandy, the old version of the software is available under the Support link on the Silhouette America website. If you wanna go back…go back, my friend. Scroll down the page there and you’ll see it.

Thought that might help ya out. :)

8. Lori April 4, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I just signed-up and I am SO excited! I’ve done all your classes and have LOVED them all! I used to be “scared” of the Silhouette machine, but you have changed all of that. :) I downloaded the Designer Software update and it looks amazing–love the fresh interface. One question: do we get the “Let’s Go” brush script titles when class starts? Thanks! Have a lovely weekend.

• Kerri April 4, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Thanks for all your sweet words Lori. I”m glad you love your baby. :) It is pretty awesome, right?

As for the Let’s Go kit, you should have a download link for it in your confirmation email. You should also be able to access it through your account online.

Let me know if it’s otherwise though. :)

9. Lori April 4, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Just got the download link for the travel themed brush script titles with my store receipt–woo hoo! Thanks, Kerri!

10. Saundra April 5, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I downloaded the new Silhouette software V3 also. I like the new look and I like the new features, however, it is slower than molasses and then freezes up and I have to close it. Mind you I have a brand new computer with many gigs of memory and storage space and the only thing I have on it is my Silhouette software, so I don’t understand why it won’t run correctly. It is really irritating to me as I was just about to start the Easter cards for my grandchildren. Grrrrr. I hope they get it fixed soon. You can’t even get anywhere near talking to customer service on the phone either. My husband is a software engineer and he said the way they rolled out this upgrade was insane, they should have notified us first. Also, I didn’t get an option to save the older version when I downloaded the new version, I wish I had.

• Kerri April 5, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Hey Saundra!
      Go farther down on that download screen on the Silhouette site and you can get the older version to put back on your machine. :)

Kerri

11. julie April 6, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Kerri,
    Just to confirm this is a self pace class that will be open forever. I’m on vacation the week it’s released so I’ll be able to take it whenever. Right?

thanks
    julie

• Kerri April 6, 2014 at 5:58 pm

You bet! Same as always.
      Self-paced…access forever. :)

12. Tammy Davis April 10, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Okay, I am all signed up! I couldn’t stand NOT taking the class! We have never been very much into traveling, but surely I can adapt it to a trip to the park, etc. Love your classes, Kerri!