allergies. say what???

I’ve heard the tales.

I just couldn’t ever believe it.

I’ve never had allergies in my life. I mean, heck, I practically grew up on a farm, spent many summers there as well.

Never had a problem.

As I’ve gotten a little more seasoned, I find that I’m just a little more ‘achoo-ee’ lately in the spring.

It couldn’t be allergies. I’ve never been allergic to anything.

But this year seems to be the kicker.

I walked out of the mall into a courtyard of white blossomed trees and the sneezing began. Not intensely, mind you, but enough to draw attention to the fact that I could put 2+2 together and get 4….aka…allergies.

Not the answer I was looking for.

I don’t know if the pollen is just insane this year or what. I mean, our cars are covered in it. But all I know is when the windows are shut, sneezing is very minimal.

Open ’em up?

The sneezing and minor sniffling commences.

What the french toast???

I’m 47, for cryin’ out loud. They say you can get them as an adult, but I just didn’t believe it.

I’m not digging it.

But at least I can breathe in this explosion of loveliness–deeply, mind you–without any external reaction besides ahhhhhhhh.

lilacs-both

2017-02-07T18:26:58+00:00 April 22nd, 2014|Uncategorized|7 Comments

1. Just Me April 22, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Allergies are typically a sign of immune deficiency. Build up your immune system and you’ll be surprised how your allergies will disappear. Hope you get to feeling better!

• Kerri April 22, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Interesting…. Would probably help if I ate a little better. ;)

2. Michelle April 22, 2014 at 12:24 pm

I just read that in the afternoon or evening is the best time to have windows open.Make sure you wash your hair every night.And wash clothes as soon as possible including pillowcases!.This season could be the worst!.Beautiful flowers by the way!.

3. Ruth G April 22, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Sorry to hear that you’re getting allergies. I have had an allergy to animals since I was 7 and that has grown into a number of others, including seasonal. I had an older man once tell me that at age 40 his asthma and allergies went away! All I have to say is “lucky him”, mine just got worse, sigh!
    I will enjoy your lovely lilac ohotos, though! Just gorgeous and the smell is heavenly (BTW – if you look at allergy forecasts, it’s for trees that don’t have showy flowers. If the flowers are showy, then the insects do the pollinating. If there aren’t bright, colorful flowers [think oaks, maples, most conifers] the tree has to release all sorts of pollen in the hopes that it’ll find another tree!)
    I hope you feel better soon!

4. lorene holbrook April 22, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I am so sorry to hear this, but welcome to the club! earlier this year I lost my voice for 3 WEEKS! finally went to the DR and he told me the same thing. you have allergies! geeze oh pete! I don’t have allergies and was born and raised here. a friend of mine told me they looked up pollen count and for AZ. this is the highest pollen count since they started recording it. thank you very much! Hope you don’t suffer too much. a little medication and I am doing much better. hope it goes well for you.

5. Candy Bryant April 22, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Dear Kerri, Try adding probiotics to your daily supplements. Theralac from the health food store is one of the best. Hope they help. Hugs & Aloha.

6. Kimberly April 22, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Same here. Developed allergies in my 30’s. Baa humbug!