Did You Know: Adding Keywords To Library

did-you-know-new

If you haven’t heard the shot heard ’round the world….oh wait, that’s another story, but equally as pivotal in all things Silhouette Studio related…but if you haven’t heard about the greatest thing added to the May 27, 2014 release….

You can now add search words to the library and it is soooooo easy!

Take a look:

2017-05-21T07:47:33+00:00 June 4th, 2014|silhouette, video tutorials|12 Comments

1. Lynette Ballard June 4, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I had no idea there was another update! For some reason, when I checked in “check for updates,” it said, “nope!” I just went to the website to get it. I can’t wait to use this feature! So fantastic! I also like this because if it’s a picture set (such as: sun, tree, clouds, swing), I can add a keyword for each! Thank you for showing us!

• Kerri June 4, 2014 at 1:35 pm

It did the same thing for me too. Weird.
      Just another bug for now, I guess. :)

2. Natalie (QSOgirl) June 4, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Awesome tip!! Thank you so much for showing the video. I was always frustrated before that I couldn’t add/modify tags once I’d imported an image into my library. This is a wonderful step toward a solution (now if only they’d add that “X”! ;-))

3. Claire June 4, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Does this only work in the Designer software? I do not have the option to “edit properties” in mine.

• Kerri June 4, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Have you updated to the May 27 release?
      It’s version 3.0.531.

4. Claire June 4, 2014 at 3:31 pm

The website informs me I have the latest software….

• Kerri June 4, 2014 at 3:46 pm

It did that for me too–and someone else that’s commented, but it wasn’t up to date. And if you haven’t updated in the last week, then yours isn’t updated either. If you look under About Studio, it’ll tell you what version you have.

The release notes don’t say that the this new feature is only for DE, which means it’s available across the board.

5. Claire June 4, 2014 at 3:59 pm

My version is: 3.0.343ss. And I don’t know if that is the latest ? I do not know how to get an update if the website doesn’t offer it.

• Kerri June 4, 2014 at 4:41 pm

It’s 3.0.531 and you can go out to the Support link on their website and download what you need. :)

6. Claire June 4, 2014 at 6:05 pm

The update was found and installed and I can now edit properties. It is a very useful update.
    Thank you for your help.

7. Gilda June 5, 2014 at 7:27 am

Thanks for this info, Kerri. Silhouette keeps getting better and better! I’m almost finished the ‘Here, There & Everywhere’ class and loving it.