Simple Stories + KBS: Day 6

simplestories_kbs_promo

Can you believe that we have come to our last and final day of this wonderful team up week? I hope you have been just as inspired as I have by all these incredibly talented ladies!

But we still have one more to see here at KBS and at Simple Stories…and that would be from Nichol Magouirk!

KBS+SS_Layout 2KBS+SS_titlecloseupKBS+SS_photocollagecloseup

[ DesignsPhoto Montage / Photo Strips #1This+That Summertime (title) / Enjoy The Sunshine (sunshine) / Simplicities: Best Thing Ever (tab) / Background Basics (circle background) ]

I do believe Nichol has captured the essence of her summer on this two-page spread with these thirty-one photos. Thirty-one, I said! This is the reason I love photo templates. Because you can use a ton of your photos on one  page (or two). It keeps things centered and focused and clean and allows you to share so many memories!

What a great mix of all the fabulous foo foo of diecuts with elements from Good Day Sunshine and DIY. And I really like the title cut from that black word paper.

Such a fun layout!

Here’s what Nichol has to say:

I love layouts that tell a story over a period of time, like an entire vacation or event all on a single layout spread. In this case I created a 2-page layout showcasing favorite photos from an entire month. I love how Kerri’s photo templates make it so easy to add lots of photos to a page yet keeps the design clean and simple. With so many photos/photo templates on my page I went with a white on white background (I used one of Kerri’s Background Basics designs die cut from a 12×12 sheet and layered over another white sheet of cardstock for subtle texture). I made the title big and bold, die cutting it and layering it with lots of great bright papers from the Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine and DIY Collections. To give my layout interest, I embellished with lots of little “bits and pieces” from the Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine and DIY sticker and chipboard sheets. The journaling is printed on a sheet of Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine ledger paper and tucked under the edge of one of the photo templates.

What a wonderful week.

Just fabulous.

Be sure to check out today’s page on Simple Stories too!

Now, if you were wanting to get any of the designs shared this week, don’t forget the sale that ends Sunday night. It includes classes too, so if you were wanting to learn more about your Silhouette? Now would be a good time to pick up a class or two!

simplestories_kbs_sale

Thanks again to everyone who participated this week!
You’ve truly been amazing!

2017-06-05T12:45:17+00:00June 21st, 2014|nichol magouirk, pages|12 Comments

1. Sue Alg June 21, 2014 at 6:11 am

I’ve been doing collages of various events so what so glad to see Nichol’s LO. She’s so creative. I agree, it is difficult to display a lot of pics without looking too cluttered–she does it perfectly. Thanks for a great week with SS.

2. Stacie D June 21, 2014 at 8:32 am

Love the use of photo templates to get a lot of pics into the LO! ! So much inspiration to get more scrapped!

3. TracyM #6773 June 21, 2014 at 8:48 am

Such a HAPPY double-pager :)
    LOVE your photo collages, LOVE your white on white background and WOW – REALLY LOVE your title, the fonts and colours are FABULOUS!!!
    THANK YOU for this week of CREATIVE AWESOMENESS – I hope that you get to team up with Simple Stories again soon!!!

4. TracyM #6773 June 21, 2014 at 8:52 am

Such a HAPPY double-pager Nichol :)
    LOVE your photo collages, LOVE your white-on-white background and WOW – REALLY LOVE the fonts & colours of your title!!!
    THANK YOU – it has been an AWESOME week of CREATIVE INSPIRATION and I hope that KBS get to team up with Simple Stories again real soon!!!

5. marylouh June 21, 2014 at 9:16 am

Love all of the pictures. The journaling section is so bright and colorful. thanks for a great week of hopping.

6. Linsey June 21, 2014 at 9:31 am

31!!! Holy smokes that is alotta pics and she made it look absolutely spectacular!!! Very inspiring!!

7. Cindy K June 21, 2014 at 11:04 am

Oh this layout just makes my shopping list from your store even longer! I love the title the best and the sunshine cutout, and the photo templates are a must, because I love to always use as many photos as I can. Love this double layout for so many reasons.

8. Tara M June 21, 2014 at 11:49 am

WOW!! This is an amazing layout. I love the photo templates. I have never worked with them but am checking on getting PSE. I can’t wait to try them out. What an amazing week. Thanks so much to everyone for all the inspiration!

9. Jeannie L June 21, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Great week and awesome features. Simply love Simple Stories. Hope to see more of such team up. As always, Nichol’s work is awesome.

10. Judy Stiles June 21, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Great layout from Nichol …. 31 pics .. WOW!

11. Ruth G June 21, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Really, truly awesome! I love the way Nichol uses patterned paper (a girl after my own heart)and am truly amazed that she included all those pictures on two pages! Gotta get shopping for more of your templates!!!

12. Carolyn E June 22, 2014 at 8:45 am

LOVE!
    So many photos, yet not over crowded, and got lots of goodness sprinkled in there!
    Always enjoy Nichol’s layouts!!
    Awesome week, thanks Kerri!