my son: the wildlife photographer

So Zach just went to Yellowstone this past weekend–with the intention of doing a lot of fishing. Instead, he and his friend were having much more fun watching the wildlife in the park. They saw probably just about every animal imaginable that weekend…and what a show it was! They even had  a scope and hung out with some of the people that watched the wolves that were like two miles away. No way to get pictures of them, but boy oh boy, just check out the pictures he got of the animals that were closer to him! And he does have a 500mm lens, so some weren’t too close. ;)

These two owl ones are my favorite! These two young things were fighting over a squirrel. How awesome is that??? Well, maybe not so awesome for the squirrel.

And if you’re interested in following his outdoor adventures–because that’s what he often shows being the enthusiast and fly fisherman that he is–you can follow him on Instagram with the name: zachbradfordimages.

Warning: These photos will make you want to take your summer vacation to Yellowstone. :)

yellowstone_owls1

yellowstone_owls2yellowstone_fawnyellowstone_foxyellowstone_landscapeyellowstone_landscape2yellowstone_landscape3yellowstone_landscape4yellowstone_oldfaithfulyellowstone_bearyellowstone_bears2yellowstone_bears3yellowstone_bears4yellowstone_elk

2017-05-21T07:10:20+00:00June 23rd, 2014|Uncategorized|16 Comments

1. Dolly June 23, 2014 at 10:06 am

Your son is very talented, I would say he takes after you but your hubby seems to also be a talented artist so I will say…it runs in the family obviously! :D

2. Renee G June 23, 2014 at 11:13 am

These pictures are really good, thanks for sharing them.

3. Cindy K June 23, 2014 at 11:42 am

Such great shots!!! Makes me miss our vacation to Yellowstone!

4. Laura K June 23, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Oh if I had that picture of the fox it would get framed and hung in my daughters room. She is seven and obsessed with foxes right now, probably because of “that song”! Gorgeous pictures. Thank you for sharing them!

5. Amber M. June 23, 2014 at 12:54 pm

These photos are amazing! Your son is very talented ;-) My family has been to Yellowstone once a few years ago, but we realize now we underestimated its beauty and have been talking about trying to make another trip there this year. Zach’s photos are inspiring!

6. Lili June 23, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Beautiful! Bears oh my! I don’t like bears:)
    On my way to Yosemite this week, can’t wait
    To go and on my return take your class Here There
    Everywhere. Maybe I should take it first.

7. DebbyS June 23, 2014 at 3:28 pm

AWESOME photos Zach!!

8. Ruth G June 23, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I love these! What fabulous photos and it’s awesome that he was able to stay safe since he had such a great zoom lens (also probably helped to keep the animals from reacting to him!) Thanks so much for sharing!

Our family went to Yellowstone a number of years ago and it was amazing what we could see just from the roads. It could take a lifetime to explore the entire park and we plan on going back again some time.

Have a great day!

9. jane June 23, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Wonderful pictures of nature! Your right it does make me want to take a trip to Yellowstone in the near future.

10. Tracy June 23, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Wonderful photos!!! My husband and I went up to Yellowstone and Teton National Park last week for our Anniversary. We saw so many animals(most we have ever seen). I think the cooler weather had alot to do with it. Maybe we crossed paths with your son, small world. Really enjoyed looking at his photos.
    Tracy

11. TracyM #6773 June 24, 2014 at 3:18 am

WOW – TOTALLY AWESOME photos!!!
    I love watching documentaries about Yellowstone and think that it is AMAZING that Zach got to see so much in just a weekend, a real wildlife adventure – THANK YOU for sharing them :)

12. Michelle Wedertz June 24, 2014 at 8:00 am

AMAZING photos!

13. Sarah A June 25, 2014 at 6:28 pm

All great shots-the ones of the owls fighting over the squirrel are one-of-a-kind! He has a great eye! My favorite is the photo of the bear cub hiding in the tree. (reminded me a little of our trip to Denali last year, even though those were different breeds of Ursines

14. Suz Gray June 26, 2014 at 1:04 am

Great photos he really has the eye & talent

15. julie June 29, 2014 at 11:17 am

To close for me to those bears. lol

Beautiful photos, he’s very talented.

Julie

16. Lida July 16, 2014 at 7:40 am

Zach’s photos are exceptional! Really enjoyed looking at his work. Wish I had the patience to shoot photos like these.