Duplicating in Silhouette Studio Just Got Easier!

Duplicating….one of my new favorite features in Silhouette Studio Version 3.

I’m going to let the video speak for itself. After all, it’s only a minute long.
But, boy oh boy…what a minute!!!

Is that not one of the coolest things like ever?
Something so simple, but so awesome.
Wish Illustrator worked like that.

2017-05-21T07:01:37+00:00 June 25th, 2014|silhouette, tips and tricks, video tutorials|16 Comments

1. Patty Andersen June 25, 2014 at 7:53 am

My favorite way to copy was to Ctrl and drag the item, but that no longer works and I was not a happy camper. This method IS awesome, Kerri, and I thank you for discovering and sharing.

• Kerri June 25, 2014 at 8:00 am

Hey Patty! I always did Alt with the click+drag and that still works. You can do that in Illustrator too, so that’s what I’m used to using. And actually, I just tried the Cmd (ctrl) click and drag and it works for me. I’m on a Mac though. Maybe it’s a glitch for PCs? Or they fixed it in an update?

You can also do Ctrl or Alt Click and it will make a second copy right on top of the shape.

2. WhamBamPam June 25, 2014 at 10:27 am

Hi Kerri,
    You sound so happy in this video. You brought a smile to my face :D

3. Nashonne June 25, 2014 at 10:42 am

Awesome, thanks for the tutorial!

4. Julie C June 25, 2014 at 11:38 am

Love this!!!

5. LisaM6 June 25, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Cool. I will try it now. Thanks so much! That will make my life much easier.

6. Sue Kimmet June 25, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Weird, I just tried it and it did nothing. Can’t imagine why not, such a fast way to work!

• Kerri June 25, 2014 at 3:16 pm

It may be a possibility it’s only available in the latest release that came out at end of May. There were a lot of fixes and enhancements made in that one. Your software won’t tell you there’s an update, but if you haven’t updated in the past month, then it try installing the latest.

7. Dottie J June 25, 2014 at 3:23 pm

I haven’t upgraded yet, and I tried this in my old version. It just nudged the shape one pixel at a time.

That’s a valuable move tool and I would hate to see it eliminated. Is there another way to nudge in the new version?

• Kerri June 25, 2014 at 3:31 pm

You mean besides just using the plain ol’ arrow key to move a shape?
      Is that what you’re asking? I’ve just always used the arrow only, no key combo.
      Works the same in both version 2 and 3.
      It’s the Ctrl/Cmd-Arrow that has now changed between the two versions.

8. Lady Fair June 25, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Ah, it’s the little things that make us happy. I haven’t upgraded yet, but I truly appreciate those who have and keep us all informed.

9. Sandy Evans June 25, 2014 at 7:43 pm

You are so awesome to share things with us Kerri. Thanks

10. Carrie-Ann June 25, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Thanks for the tip!

11. Lynette Ballard June 26, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Thank you! This is awesome! I could have used it a few days ago, but I can’t remember what I was even doing! :) Thanks for all the awesome tricks, we appreciate it!

12. Denni June 28, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Too flippin cool! LOVE this tip! Thank you :)